Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
This is a pretty good game. As people have said, it has a couple flaws that lessen replay value, but if not for that I'd have played this as much as I played the sequel. Which was a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Saying it was all nanomachines is basically the same thing as saying it was magic anyways, just more boring, yeah. Every sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic, etc.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What the gently caress?

what the gently caress :stonk:

Metal Gear is weird.

What's fun about Metal Gear is it looks like a fairly serious, realistic, military-based combat game, and then you play it and realize it's deep into absurdist fantasy soap opera territory.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Kibayasu posted:

I am very confused about what's going on in the plane.

I think, at this point, you're supposed to be? All we know is there's dolls who seem crazy, and gas, and passengers. And dead pilots.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
I agree, let’s do some missions stealth and some missions slaughter.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

How did I miss that

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
I enjoy lovely grumpy Snake. Looks like he's become waaay more jaded since being hosed over and lied to in Shadow Moses. Good for him.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Snake's got this real seedy used car salesman or broke would-be actor in his early 30s trying to weasel his way into the party kinda thing goin on in his portrait. You need a different headshot Snake, you'll never get a call back with that look.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Man I played this game back in the day and I don't remember what 90% of this is about.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
It's real hard to take the evil corporation seriously when its name is BEAGLE.

"You can bet the house that BEAGLE is behind this."
Oh noooooo

Kase moch fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jul 22, 2018

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Cool Ghost posted:

I'm just going to let everyone know that I'm moving this week, and I'll be in a bad internet situation for a while, maybe up to a couple of months, while I get ready for a second move. I have no intention of abandoning the LP, and I'm going to try to keep updating throughout, but if the thread goes cold for a while here, that's why.

'Preciate the heads up; we'll (I'll?) still be here.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
This game is very silly and the dry humor commentary is a good juxtaposition.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Huzzah for a new update!

Stealth is so game breaking I had to start challenging myself to pull those cards out of my deck and play 'normally' to have fun again.

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Cool Ghost posted:

Huge if true.

"She has no respect for the laws of nature!" the psychic continued, unironically.

I have no clue what a "weapon of creation" would even be. Somebody is just trying to be poetic.

Presumably he heard the gunshots over the radio and is trying to decide if he gets to go home early.

This LP is a very good LP and makes me actually laugh out loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Still chuckling at the dry sarcasm. Glad you still continue this here and there.