Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cool Ghost posted:

That's only people who died. Things definitely became complicated for Meryl. Hell, Otacon quit his job to become a terrorist after Snake showed up at the office.
Philanthropy Did Nothing Wrong

but Kojima should have stuck with his idea for the ending of 4 where Snake and Otacon were tried, sentenced, and hanged rather than the actual ending he did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

bman in 2288 posted:

Agreed. The man created literally for war gets to die a natural death, surrounded by friends and loved ones. All the villains, those who claim war for their own reasons, die alone in the battlefield.

It's somewhat ironic. The good irony.
That's actually a good point. I am open to being convinced on this one.

(plus you'd lose Otacon's line where he tears up and says "Snake... had a hard life" because he knows he can't explain literally any of it to Sunny, which was delivered quite well and really highlighted how much those two are actually close)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sordas Volantyr posted:

He also wanted the fight with The End to be way, way longer, but then the team mutinied again.
Huh. I wonder if he sublimated part of that into Quiet (or at least the Extreme version of her fight) because she really felt like she had a lot more health than appropriate for the amount of mechanics that fight actually had.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
So he doesn't believe in silly things like psychics, only things like assassination squads trained to work in elevators and cyborgs trained by NASA.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Tag yourself, I'm Hans Davis :v:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

MysticalMachineGun posted:

They managed to get referenced in the other game that never gets referenced. Hurrah?
excuse me, I reference mgs poops all the time

...only so I can type the phrase "mgs poops", ideally all lower case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I want it to be like the scene in the first Futurama movie where Fry gets caught in a fire and proceeds to verbatim say "My hair! My larynx! I'm Lars!"

(untagged spoilers for a ten year old Futurama episode, I guess)