Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Kase moch posted:

What's fun about Metal Gear is it looks like a fairly serious, realistic, military-based combat game, and then you play it and realize it's deep into absurdist fantasy soap opera territory.
The bipedal nuclear-equipped walking tanks are really the least strange thing going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

What happens if you use up all the cards in your deck? Does it get reshuffled?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Say, would you mind mentioning what the unique objectives in the extra missions are for those maps?

And how do the non "kill everybody" objectives work in that map where the mission is "look at a wall then turn around and leave"?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Cool Ghost posted:

I went back to the minefield and the ruins, and I actually couldn't trigger a special objective on either. Considering I used the minefield to grind for a couple hours, I doubt it's bad luck.

But I also think it should be noted that I know Metal Gear Acid 2 better than this game. On top of that, this game isn't as well-documented as FF8 was. So, I have a pretty good understanding of a lot of mechanics, but I also don't have any reference to look at for details.
Oh, I was expecting you to just look it up. :shobon: I guess that's not likely to work, then.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

HitTheTargets posted:

I love how blatantly the parasites in TPP are just a stand-in for Nanomachines because they don't exist yet. Meanwhile, Snake is using his iPhone to get his D-Walker delivered & wondering who he should steal with wormholes.

Psychics though, like I'm gonna buy into that scam.
That's not Solid Snake, though. Solid Snake is both like 10 and elsewhere during the events of Phantom Pain. He didn't see all the crazy poo poo Naked Snake and Venom Snake did.

Just the really stupid poo poo like Ultrabox and Black Color and that loving owl and imported squeaky sand and orphans stuck in rooms and the only entrance sealed up so it looks like there was never a door there in the first place, for some reason.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Kibayasu posted:

Ok... so is Snake faking being Hans or is Hans faking being Snake.
I'm going to guess "Hans and Snake are, in fact, different people, possibly clones, but there's Telepathic Bullshit going on."

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

HitTheTargets posted:

Does she double the negative effects as well? Because that's hella not worth a card.
I don't recall seeing any equipment which actually had both ATK and DEF on it, it was all like "this is a gun, it has ATK" and "This is an armor, it has DEF".

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

So i'm guessing that this is the real Teliko and the one we saw previously is actually Clown.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Decoy Badger posted:

Is there a chance of going dead-man-walking if you don't have a RC missile in your deck?
I assume it just doesn't let you start the mission, like it's done before with mandatory cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I stand corrected! :stonk: