Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

whats the best tech for good contrast / true blacks at the moment? My old 50" bedroom tv is perfectly serviceable except its like 6 years old and has two backlights to the sides, and any dark scenes are basically grey mush.

also projectors are cool & good if you have the room - i have a short-throw 1080p unit that gives me a 10ft diagonal picture in the front room and a pull-down screen I picked up super cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

yeah one good thing about my old tv - it is completely dumb, no poo poo-tier anroid slideshow-response smart features.

I'm sure there's a small but worthwhile market segment here, tv execs.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

bobbilljim posted:

i want some air jordan shoes but i am a white man, is this acceptable

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Rex-Goliath posted:

got a $100 amazon gift card from amazon so i'm looking to treat myself to something. cjs thread was talking about towel warmers earlier which seems like a p dece choice but i'm willing to entertain other ideas

call me old but if you live somewhere cold look at an electric underblanket for your bed. Few things as good as setting it off an hour before bedtime and then slipping in to a toasty bed - I don't use the central heat much at home, preferring to put on another layer instead but this is a luxury for the winter. Buy a two-zone one if your partner likes it cool, or if you want to migrate when you get too warm.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Genital Vibrams

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

steam link seems good in practice but I think you need it attached to a network cable to get the best from it, mine talking to the PC upstairs via 5ghz was a bit hit-&-miss.

still, for pocket change you're not losing out by trying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

dude you're ge oh no hang on wait

• Locked thread