Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they ruined fiddle because i miss the stupid bouncing crow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Endorph posted:

they ruined fiddle because i miss the stupid bouncing crow

i think his rework is an unparalleled success but i also severely miss how goofy he looked bouncing around the rift. the duality of league of legends

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Mordekaiser and Eve reworks are pretty good too. Yoric rework is great. And also Mundo and Sion and some others I'm forgetting.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nunu rework introduced the giant snowball mechanic which I cannot imagine the character without.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

Nunu rework introduced the giant snowball mechanic which I cannot imagine the character without.

Yeah that one was also great.

Which reworks are bad, again? Besides the skarner one apparently?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Fajita Queen posted:

Darius one was also good. I hate the Gangplank one but I don't think it's objectively bad I just enjoyed playing as the old one and don't enjoy playing as or against the new one. Jax update's kinda meh. The Yuumi one kinda butchered her but that was highly intentional.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the big batch of juggernaut reworks
gangplank
graves
remember the busted kogmaw rework they had to revert
current malz is pretty wonky
i miss old swain

in general im not a fan of just basically removing a champion from the game and calling it a rework either. just admit you removed the champion. all five pre-rework aatrox mains are weeping

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bring back old graves

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

oh yeah the graves and especially gangplank reworks suck rear end. Oldschool denyplank ftw.

Also idk what the hell is ever going on with ryze. Loved that guy back in the early 2010s before he got his teleport ult but idk wtf he even does anymore and I haven't seen him in a game in like 5 years.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Apr 28, 2024

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also mundos rework is fine gameplay-wise in a vacuum but i hate that he basically has the same e as sion. and also its not relevant to gameplay but whoever thought giving mundo a serious tragic backstory was a good idea is a moron

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Scallop Eyes posted:

Shyvanna needs a gameplay rework badly, or at least her passive, it's so loving bad

She has a passive rework that makes a ton more sense in Wild Rift, have they still not ported that back to PC?

Honestly Im a fan of all the Wild Rift reworks for the most part except Lux gently caress you changing that her root no longer hits minions so she can barf it with zero risk over minion packs

Also just a general wild rift heads up, you can see the ban, pick, win rates of champs on the china server. Kindred is probably now the most disgusting broken champ Riots ever dumped out at this point because after a hot fix and three straight patches of nerfs she is still at 57% win rate 66% ban rate. Granted at launch she was at 70% win rate and ~85% ban rate so they've made improvements by my god is her kit just busted as poo poo for Wild Rift and they wont admit the problem has nothing to do with damage numbers.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I am not the biggest fan of the Irelia rework, but mostly because it changed her from more of a bruiser to basically an assassin with a ton of apm stuff that I suck at.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

while they kept some of the basic components of karma's bait-and-swing playstyle it's just not the same as when you'd build up a huge chunk of AP from missing health and fan a whole team to death

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
honestly most of the reworks have been really great, maybe a few needing toned down (current skarner, graves/garen/darius, graves). noct would be a fun rework if you only fix his appearance, his kit is solid.

shyvanna badly needs a rework. the dumbass hadouken/fireball max AP build is boring and her base kit is too all over the place. maybe the sylas game showed some interesting poo poo she could do? dunno, didnt play it

Fajita Queen posted:

oh yeah the graves and especially gangplank reworks suck rear end. Oldschool denyplank ftw.

graves and gp took me a while but they're both pretty cool. the barrel schtick allows for a lot of cool barrel nukes or lets you deny him from doing his crap. the barrel game skill mastery is too much for me to figure out how to do well so i stopped playing him but there's other cooler things

if we're talking bad reworks the spire/dominion Skarner sucked the most rear end, but a few others come to mind. dragon ghost morde and trying to force him into botlane, and pantheon's baseball slide ult and has so much of his power loaded into E were both really, really bad

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Nocts kit is completely fine, it's his visuals that look like a lame action figure with detachable armor and weapons.

Shyvana needs a entire visual and gameplay overhaul and the battle bra retired.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Old Graves was so generic I can’t imagine being still hung up on the rework. The bruiser-y shotgun guy is so much more unique and fitting to the character than what he was before.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Firebert posted:

Old Graves was so generic I can’t imagine being still hung up on the rework. The bruiser-y shotgun guy is so much more unique and fitting to the character than what he was before.
he was my favorite marksman. he is now a jungler.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah like new Graves is more interesting sure but old Graves was a fun ADC and it's just not remotely possible for the new one to sub in for it. It'd be like if their Ashe rework had turned her into Lissandra.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Endorph posted:

he was my favorite marksman. he is now a jungler.

he was mine too but then i mained jungle and he became a jungler so that's a w. also the robot skin owns.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Nocts kit is completely fine, it's his visuals that look like a lame action figure with detachable armor and weapons.

Shyvana needs a entire visual and gameplay overhaul and the battle bra retired.

i just hope in the case of Noct they agree and dont do some stupid poo poo like Briar his ult because of emergent dynamic skill expression or some other variation of game dev jargon. he's always reminded me of something like warwick where the winrate has almost always been an even 50 or close to it. like a genuinely balanced champ

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Nocturne looks fine IMO; he's an abstract concept that doesn't need to be hyper-detailed, and his skills are clearly legible. We got a redesign in Runeterra, and the base is strong enough that the input from an incredible team of artists who have made crappy throwaway concepts mesh as a cohesive world amounted to: purple tint, purple eyes, smokestack fog, spindly hands.

At the most, I'd see about a texture update, since they are pretty low-res at this point. Full VU though? I feel like that's better served for base designs so primitive that they actively harm readability & the skins.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah that runeterra nocturne looks fine. spookier but still the same basically. you could maybe make the weapons more like gnarled and weird looking rather than looking like actual weapons because its weird for a spooky ghost guy to just wield steel handblades. but i dont think he needs some radical overdesigned overhaul.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Fajita Queen posted:

I'm probably in the minority, but I miss Terminator Poppy.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I am still bitter about the Trundle and Karma reworks.

Anyone I think there are increasingly few champions that need full on VGUs but most of the cast needs ASUs.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Bell_ posted:

I'm probably in the minority, but I miss Terminator Poppy.

Old poppy was my favorite character in the game and I don't really like playing the new one.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

diplomatic immunity was one of the funniest ultimates in the game. just completely no-sold everything that doesn't come from the target.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

diplomatic immunity was one of the funniest ultimates in the game. just completely no-sold everything that doesn't come from the target.

It ruled and Riot were cowards for getting rid of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

nocturne is just fiddlesticks except lame