Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
The LCK is getting Ddos'd again for a second night in a row. How crazy is it that pro games aren't run on a LAN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Anidav posted:

Yeah I'm helping lanes but the W doesn't actually work on ghouls lol.

yeah the ghouls should definitely have AoE reduction, there's no problem with that and it's pretty important to allowing them to be a threat, but it definitely feels a little overboard when AoEs barely tickle them. drain is probably especially effected since it's a bunch of individual ticks that each have to go through that reduction.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It seems slightly unfair the amount of damage Twisted Fate is allowed to put out as an ADC while having a point and click two second stun on a short cooldown.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I miss when more characters had point and click CC abilities, they should bring that back tbh.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

rip old irelia

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Raged posted:

The LCK is getting Ddos'd again for a second night in a row. How crazy is it that pro games aren't run on a LAN.

riot started it as a means of keeping the source code on lock, although i imagine there's enough serverside integration with stuff like chronobreak and observers that it'd be a massive project to create some kind of isolated LAN client and maintain it

right now it looks like it's more a korea-specific issue, since streamers there have been getting hit by DDOS attacks for at least two months. speculation is that there's some kind of exploit in a korean-specific anticheat that's prolific over there, but no one knows for sure

SirSamVimes posted:

It seems slightly unfair the amount of damage Twisted Fate is allowed to put out as an ADC while having a point and click two second stun on a short cooldown.

yeah, like, gold card's stun was explicitly balanced around the assumption that TF's combo was W + Q and maybe an E proc, not two seconds worth of kraken autos while you have an inbuilt ASPD steroid

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Speaking of fiddlesticks i miss the crow bouncing between a minion and a lane champion to death.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

SirSamVimes posted:

rip old irelia

I really liked her old kit and I hate that I just don't click with her new one at all.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Anidav posted:

Speaking of fiddlesticks i miss the crow bouncing between a minion and a lane champion to death.

This was the funniest poo poo in ARAM.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
CAWCAWCAWCAWCAW

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

New Fiddle is perfection though.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Warwick had the best rework ever, I wish we'd get more like that.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Fajita Queen posted:

we're finally at that very weird point in league's life where there's only two real reworks left (shyvana and skarner), and then that's it as far as modernizing kits and champion design goes. there's a few like shaco and zilean who still have oddball kits that're held together mostly by good fortune, but riot devs have said in the past that they're fine with leaving some very niche champions like that in the game so long as people are playing them and they aren't ruining the game otherwise

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Skarner Rework is actually just promising they'll rework skarner

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

true gamesters will remember that original rework skarner was the first and only (maybe xin?) champion to hit a 60% release week WR

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Fajita Queen posted:

I have over 1m mastery on him and while I highly agree, he is by far one of the buggiest pieces of poo poo in the game and his bugs are so bad that Riot is literally too scared to fix them.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Umbreon posted:

I have over 1m mastery on him and while I highly agree, he is by far one of the buggiest pieces of poo poo in the game and his bugs are so bad that Riot is literally too scared to fix them.

bold thing to say when viego and yorick still exist

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Vermain posted:

we're finally at that very weird point in league's life where there's only two real reworks left (shyvana and skarner), and then that's it as far as modernizing kits and champion design goes. there's a few like shaco and zilean who still have oddball kits that're held together mostly by good fortune, but riot devs have said in the past that they're fine with leaving some very niche champions like that in the game so long as people are playing them and they aren't ruining the game otherwise

Shaco regularly ruins my games however.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Let's not forget Cho'gath is in need of a new model pretty badly even if his gameplay could remain largely unchanged outside of number tweaks or a re-reworked E, Gentleman could be brought up to modern standards too.

Runeterra Nidalee would be a upgrade over the current LoL Nidalee design too.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Mar 4, 2024

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Vermain posted:

true gamesters will remember that original rework skarner was the first and only (maybe xin?) champion to hit a 60% release week WR

if you count reworks, post-rework quinn had a 57% win rate roughly which is good but more incredible was that she was the winningest champion in every role, including support, which is the only time that's happened. graves had 4/5, everything except support

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Let's not forget Cho'gath is in need of a new model pretty badly even if his gameplay could remain largely unchanged outside of number tweaks or a re-reworked E, Gentleman could be brought up to modern standards too.

Runeterra Nidalee would be a upgrade over the current LoL Nidalee design too.

We definitely should be seeing more ASU's as time goes on. Cho'gath, Malphite... there's a whole list of champions who would benefit.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Verviticus posted:

if you count reworks, post-rework quinn had a 57% win rate roughly which is good but more incredible was that she was the winningest champion in every role, including support, which is the only time that's happened. graves had 4/5, everything except support

It happened in Wildrift in China recently as well, Sett had an over 55% win rate in every lane and was top in every role.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Torchlighter posted:

We definitely should be seeing more ASU's as time goes on. Cho'gath, Malphite... there's a whole list of champions who would benefit.

cho'gath and malphite will definitely get ASUs at some point, although cho'gath's base model is surprisingly solid enough to pass muster with the newer skins. there's some champs like leona and vlad where most of their skins are putting lipstick on a pig (cafe cuties vlad looks loving horrifying), but cho's got just enough animation bones to make him look serviceable

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Basically every champion made before a certain date could use an ASU it's just a matter of who needed it most.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
ok cool bring on set 11 now please

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knB26OgGfSo

MY BOY

THEY MIGHT HAVE DONE IT RIGHT, AND HIS VOICE ISNT STUPID EITHER

really excited to get to finally play my scorpion buddy once more

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i never thought he'd get a bulldozer poppy stun but it honestly fits

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

genuinely looks like one of their best reworks, especially given that they didn't have much to go off of beyond "has to have impale as a mechanic somewhere"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

skarner's spires are the stupidest mechanic ever put into the game

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vermain posted:

genuinely looks like one of their best reworks, especially given that they didn't have much to go off of beyond "has to have impale as a mechanic somewhere"
i like that they didnt really change his kit much even. his ult is basically the same just with more targets, his new q is a combo of his old q and his old e, his w is basically the same. basically the only real change is new e, and moving the fracture stun to it.

my only real complaint is his default skin looks kind of dull. i dont really get removing the crystal theme, it just makes him look even more like a generic wow monster.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
New Q is just Deadwood's Uproot, which is good because that skill's cool.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
It mostly looks good but his new ult looks unsatisyfing to use in a 1v1. Honestly it even seems like it'd feel a little limp to use even in a bigger fight when you're just sort of standing there waiting for your team to do things. At least when you Malz ult you're damaging them during it.

Obviously it's not a power issue, just a visuals and gamefeel problem.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I like his new base design, he looks very armoured and the markings on his shell are cool.

I don't know why they added yet another three hit passive, but aside from that the rework looks great. Can't wait to have fun with the burrow charge grabby.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Skarner E looks stupid busted and it even looks really good in the gameplay clips where you can’t get the wallpin.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

SirSamVimes posted:

I don't know why they added yet another three hit passive, but aside from that the rework looks great.

they've talked about it here and there, but the tl;dr is that it's a pattern that adds some additional reward to a strong mechanical performance without being overbearing to people playing against it. league's basic structure makes it so that 2 autos or spells are trivial to hit together in a small window, but 3 can be tricky due to attack speed values and the limited number of abilities every champion has

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i dont really like them as a laner because they usually offer too much control to whoever has the easier one to proc. akshan is never enjoyable to lane against for exactly this reason

Torchlighter
Jan 15, 2012

I Got Kids. I need this.

Verviticus posted:

i dont really like them as a laner because they usually offer too much control to whoever has the easier one to proc. akshan is never enjoyable to lane against for exactly this reason

That's not what akshan's passive... wait, hold on.

a quick googling later

What the gently caress, riot, on top of all the other bullshit you gave him the obnoxious git has that too!?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Verviticus posted:

i think they usually do a good job of balancing them out as a part of someone's overall kit. akshan's proc is obnoxious, but he's also a 500 range ADC and has to eat recovery frames to get the full burst off if he can't get a good Q angle

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

yeah i dont really agree with that, at least not in solo lanes. i think basically every three hit proc, when on a viable ranged laner, just makes them a more annoying piece of poo poo than if they were balanced around not having it. its less so for melee laners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Verviticus posted:

yeah i dont really agree with that, at least not in solo lanes. i think basically every three hit proc, when on a viable ranged laner, just makes them a more annoying piece of poo poo than if they were balanced around not having it. its less so for melee laners

Sometimes you just have to buy Doran's and accept you're in a defensive lane unless your jungler is good at ganking.

But to be clear, Akshan would do more damage per auto if he didn't have his 3 hit passive. You would be trading a burst of damage on the third hit, for larger up front damage on the first and second hits. Meaning he would have to take less time trading.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 19, 2024