Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Having played a bunch after the gamepass unlock here are my unsolicited thoughts/impressions after not having played for years
1)The bots are still just as bad
2)While he is probably objectively better now from numerous standpoints, balance, skilled play, etc, I miss just getting attack speed and lifesteal as Sion and right clicking the whole time
3) Similar thoughts regarding my page of attack speed runes
4) Some of these heroes don't shut the gently caress up, the lady in the alien suit, goddamn
5) Twitch still rules
6) I got yelled at once because I built boots first instead of an item
7) Jungling is 100% less stressful
8) We were losing a couple times and were able to kill a big dragon and sweep in for the win, felt nice

Anyway my buds and I are having a lot of fun, currently at the top of the game rotation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Vermain posted:

try building him AP with like nashor's + riftmaker + deathcap, they randomly overbuffed his AP ratios so that his W pool is like a goddamn 90% slow and a fully stacked contaminate is one of the hardest hitting spells in the game

Goddamn. While "game where the entire team is already balling out" isn't the best testbed that worked extremely well

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Kai'Sa: "You know that feeling when your skin crawls? Like a thousand needles poking through every pore? Blood pounding through every vein? That's just an itch compared to what lives on me."
Kai'Sa: "Imagine a place where it's always night and you're holding faith for a dawn that never comes. I don't have to imagine. I've been there."
Kai'Sa: "Some recoil at the sight of me. Underneath the shell, would they see I'm just like them?"

Twitch: "I was hiding!"

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

porfiria posted:

Twitch is better written. Seriously--who remembers that overwritten Kai'Sa Nonsense?

100% Twitch is blatantly better; bug lady just kept on saying lame nonsense to the point where I was looking up how to mute her

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

All I know is I saw more and more dragon bans as the night went on

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

hate Illaoi. she hits you it hurts, she hits your ghost it also hurts?! why is this allowed

I've only seen Kled once and I've avoided looking up his abilities or playing as him as I enjoy the feeling of mystery

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

They should release a hero named Mia

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I had no idea Ashe was good, I just assumed she was one of the newbie champions that you graduated out of. At least at my garbage tier getting slowed constantly fucks up everyones gameplan and yeah wiffing arrows feels bad but nailing one across the map makes up for 100 misses. I'm sure I'm going to get long range aoe-cc'd to oblivion soon enough but until then I'm riding high

I AM adding her to the "never shuts the gently caress up with drivel" tier alongside kai'sa and senna though. Jesus christ, imagine being a lore appreciator. Just say 'Ice to see you' or something gently caress

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Vermain posted:

One thing you might not've thought of that can give you a huge advantage is to use her Hawkshot at level 3 to try and scope out where the enemy jungler is. Since it's a global ability, you can fire it at an angle from bot to have it cross over as many jungle camps as possible, which will tell you the approximate route that the jungler's taken. This is good for both protecting your mid/top (since it tells them if the jungler is heading up to them early, especially if it's a strong early ganking jungler like Elise or J4), as well as for protecting you, since a jungler who's pathing top at the start of the game will be coming back down to your area once their camps respawn, so you can play more cautiously around that time to try and avoid getting ganked.

I had been scoping out the jungle, but the idea to hit the camps specifically was a big whoosh so thank you

Endorph posted:

unless you're planning to hit like, diamond/platinum, most of the 'newbie' champions are just extremely good, the only one id say is one thats a bit of new player trap is yuumi (and she used to be really good)

Yeah that's fair, I often find myself scoffing at build x or item y on hero z because it doesn't show up in any of the platinum builds and then the little voice in the head says "are you even close to platinum anyway"

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Arena is pretty cool. We were like, "whats the point of this cannon" and then figured out how to use it to gang up on isolated heroes and win a couple fights by surprise. The sled in theory I get the purpose of but haven't been able to land it yet. Was also able to get a fantastic set of +AS and then "+AD for +AS" augments as Tristana and become an absolute murder machine and win the match decisively

I guess if there's a downside it seems like enjoyment is tied 1-1 with what augments you get, but matches are short enough its not so bad to draw garbage

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Enjoying how incomprehensible the new TFT season is. Also how the top traits are all music genres, but then "K/DA" and "Heartsteel" etc which are NOT genre's riot you frauds

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yeah I didn't really care for arcane, and if that's the way the lore is going its probably going to lead to more heros who jabber constantly instead of punchy quips and bad puns so not necessarily looking forward to that. Not that the old lore was in any way good (Bob nashahago)

Now that I've got more time on this season of TFT its really cool how they splice in different music based on your team comp, only problem is I can't ever NOT take disco if it falls in my lap

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The whole "summoner" conceit is still bizarre to me

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I think that's fine for a multiplayer game though, like did DOTA or Overwatch have lore reasons for what was going on? ...Oh god, did they?!

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

That's not true one of them also wrote themselves as dating nidalee and also possibly janna

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Trouble telling what was going on, can we get some more slo mos in here

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

IDK I play a couple rounds once a week and we get shitheads pretty much every time. It's just a mute though

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

When it comes to S ranks, are supports graded on a curve?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

vision contributes a ton to rank for supports and the average support player is still barely putting down wards so if you buy a pink once you get an s rank

Lord_Magmar posted:

Every champion is graded on a curve. Ranking is based on performance compared to all other players of that champion at your current skill level/mmr.

Thanks! I will use this to win an argument with a smug friend

Edit: goalposts were moved 🤔

The Chad Jihad fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 23, 2024

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The riot mmo's "direction has been reset", and has been punted far into the future. They're going dark for "likely several years". Grim news for both the remaining MMO enjoyers and the League Lore appreciators, and especially that one goon

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

One day I will stop getting rope-a-doped by "Hahaha health low....health high? HEALTH HIGH?!!" heros, but that day is not today and probably not even this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I miss old school sion. "The two halves of his kit don't interact-" good that's what I want, I want to stack attackspeed and life steal and get hard cc'd into oblivion