Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I decided to hop back into league about a month ago and being a support main trying to rank up through silver is hard. My goal is to get to gold and maybe platinum again but man is it hard. Tahm is going to get me to the promised land though, he is stupidly good and saves your dumb ADC when they don’t want to save themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’ve actually had like a ten in a row win streak with him. His ult kinda blows for solo but his saving ability is mmm mmm good. I might just click with him cause we’re both fat fish but pros are picking him a lot so he’s probably in a good place right now.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Don’t besmirch my friend just because you don’t like fat fish.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I mostly just use it to get around the map since it’s cool down is so low but every once in a while your jungle will hop in for a gank and it’s real good.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You just need a whole team to commit with her. I think she’s a little too squishy right now when you look at Braun and Tahm and Ali.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Riot always wants as much diversity as they can but since it’s a competitive game people gravitate to what’s the most powerful at any given patch. It’s a good thing to strive for but basically impossible.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I want more sexy skins for everyone.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I see what they wanted to do but having a support assassin doesn’t really work if he’s half good cause nobody will use him as support.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I dunno, silver hasn’t changed much except for that real bad Nasus that tried to bot lane with me. I’m sure it’s just silver and it won’t last long enough for it to take hold.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Imagine that, generic triangle demon having a generic kit that’s kinda mediocre.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

To be fair how many football coaches were good at football?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

There’s still not enough bans, I need at least two per person cause I need my dumb teammates to not play half the roster.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’ve been playing for a long time and it’s about the same as always.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Honor system has been a net positive at least. People are more likely to acknowledge good players.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They’re probably working on a bunch of things cause League isn’t gonna be around forever.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

League hit at the right time with the right amount of money. They were one of the first free to play games and its easier than DOTA. It looked and played like garbage for a few years and if it were made today would have tanked hard.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Riot was founded by a couple of tech bros who got enough investment income to push out a game real quick. They’ve always been sketchy. Just look at how they handle their pro scene and you get an idea.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I hope they get sued into oblivion.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Early seasons when they didn’t balance every few weeks you’d see pro teams change it up and find new strats that would filter through the pro scene. If they’d just leave a meta alone for a few days it would organically shift but I guess forcing diversity is also a way to do it.

Invalid Validation fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Aug 15, 2018

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I got to platinum at one point but I took too long and got older now I’m struggling to get to gold. But that’s partly cause I only play support and playing support in silver is a crapshoot.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t mind playing against Pyke too much but his invis is bulllllllshit for the utility and damage he has. They try to tank my boy Tahm and leave that bastard alone.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Mite than likely anecdotal but I lose more on weekends. Probably has something to do with more players on that can be lovely. Need to be slightly more dedicated to play during the weekday.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea yea it’s all your fault. I am looking forward to role specific ranking myself.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It helps if you're young and have a lot of time to play. Those are really the key things for improving. That and developing carpal tunnel.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I always kinda lean towards being a killing machine unless you are in a group. Most of the time you have to drag your teammates across the line and it’s not always easy when you’re just a sponge.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They should be yes. Quite frankly they need the game to start sooner cause I hate sitting around for two minutes waiting for minions to show up to the lane.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’m gonna bet they do as little as possible to let it blow over and not really do anything meaningful to change because the company is run by a bunch of lovely gamer guys. League has one of the most toxic player bases and it’s just part of their culture which kinda shows in the lovely decisions the company has made over the years.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Riot was literally founded on the backs of techbros that got some investment capital from friends. The game looked and played like a loving mess for a long time cause they hired the cheapest coders and artists they could. Then it somehow took off they got bought for a assload of money by a Chinese company and have been trying their best to be a serious gaming company even though they’ve done some really shady poo poo that got swept under the rug until recently. Unfortunately it’s not going to change and the only silver lining is that once people stop playing League they’re so bad at making other games the company will disappear.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Shoulda just named it wood.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Wonder how fast you earn tokens with the pass

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Pros been doing it so they can get back in lane faster and move around for ganks. Way more utility than ignite or what other option? Shield? Bleh.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If you want to win generally speaking all you really have to do is farm your rear end off. It’s been a constant with the game for a long time and TP helps facilitate that.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Well you assumed they tested anything.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

In beta the go to build for a lot of people was 6 sunfires cause they stacked.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You wanna have an enlightening moment about this games success go look at the original models and character art. It’s amazing the game succeeded. Pumping assloads of money into a game can work out sometimes.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I feel you friend I’m the same way. When you see people in silver busting out really good Lee Sin plays you know you’re getting old.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They didn’t used to, games getting old just like me.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Then you’d have to remove these *points to biceps* and I’d like to see them try.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Was that how she was designed in game or did they make it cause the music video was successful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Assassins need to be all reworked or removed. It’s real cool having so much mobility on one dude but they’re either gods or useless they can’t balance them for poo poo. But I could say the same for bruisers too so hire me Riot I won’t even try sexually harass anyone.