Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Vermain posted:

Right now, it looks like the only major change they're making to runes for the upcoming patch on Wednesday is to knock Aery down slightly (15-40 instead of 20-60 base) and make Predator a little more appealing. I'm fine with things settling for a few patches so that they can get the data they need for adjustments, but I hope Coup, Sudden Impact, and Triumph all get looked at and knocked down a peg or two. I'm actually okay where Aftershock is right now, because it's brought back several engage supports like Nautilus and Leona in a big way.

Conversely, there's a few runes that seem to be underperforming or are too dramatically niche to make use of. Guardian sucks rear end because of how clunky it is to use and how uncontrollable its effect is (sort of like the old Zeke's). Glacial is merely "okay" on one or two champions, and I suspect it'll be a hard one to balance between "totally useless" and "100% mandatory." I really like the concept behind Unsealed Spellbook, but the other keystones just give too much raw power in comparison to it.

Either a minor range increase or a cooldown reduction on Guardian would be nice to start with.

e: I can't complain too hard because i can just go Sona/Zyra support and stomp in faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

If you don’t use sly cooper twitch you’re a casual.

I'm sorry you didn't get the medieval skin yet 😞

(also I'm casual af)

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I guess I played Vi once?

:shrug:

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Bot games are good for practising your 1st clear - lol after that (except for running around taking all the kills before the ADC does)

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

At what point is it possible to convince your team to buy Ninja Tabi when literally the entire enemy team is AD... Gold? Plat? Challenger?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Ninja tabi actually isn't going to be doing much good unless the character has health to back it up, 10% less damage from autos sounds big, but if you only got <2000 hp or the majority of the damage is coming from spells like corki, kog, talon, pantheon, zed, ect, your casters would be better off getting their sorc boots.

It's great on tanks however when they have the health pool to make auto attacks the fastest way to take them down because everyone else has to wait for their spells to come off cooldown for several rotations to bring them down otherwise.

tldr: Please stop building tabi on long ranged squishies like Xerath or Lux when Zed is popping you, get a hourglass instead.

Yeah if they're an assassin or mf with lethality the tabi won't save you, but the armour can be significant in itself this patch even if the rest of your build is full damage.

Most mages i play use Liandries and Rylais which skews my opinion a bit... And yeah hourglass would be better on some - just any source of armour

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I think I managed to offend some divine being. :(

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Arcturas posted:

How is the Safari Caitlyn skin? I just snagged a shard out of a chest and even though I play a fair bit of Caitlyn I don't have any of her skins.

I use it because it doesn't have a silly hat... That's about it, looks like a normal person not a steampunk larp.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I've lost once against (intermediate) bots, it was me, a legit newbie and 3 feeding bots on our team and I was messing around on... Alistair or Sej or something tanky, couldn't really scale to carry us 1v5 so eventual loss.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I've been watching SRO's videos a bit since he was posted in this thread a few times, and even though he's just beating up Gold/Plat players as a Diamond/Challenger level player in most of them he still goes through and explains why and how he's able to do so which I find helpful - especially as a support/bot player that doesn't have much experience on either side of playing as/against top lane champs and knowing how to outplay some of them when the tele in at 10min is a good thing to know.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

It would be a loving Magpie.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I'm in B5 this season.

(I did my flex placements only for a quest, haven't touched solo queue coz my connection has been trash until I moved recently)

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Tales of Woe posted:

most people stuck in b5 started down there so the fact that it's near impossible to fall out of silver 5 is irrelevant

Yeah I'd say it's harder to dig your way out of Bronze than fall back into it, the 1v9 can be real in Bronze.

Once you're over the hump and your teammates have a vague idea what they're doing and what the objectives are it gets much easier.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Kurt Cobain Graves

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

no one ever buys executioners tho

I bought Mortal Reminder as ADC last week against a team with Soraka and some sort of self healing top and my team literally laughed at me in chat for my "bad build".

People (at low ELO, define that for yourself) just don't get it.

e: Got a High Noon Lucian shard from that Twitch Prime thing - don't really play him but a good skin, I'll take that.

VodeAndreas fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Oct 28, 2018

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I just noticed that the worlds token rewards have been changed while the spooky event is on.

I've got ~1300 tokens at the moment and am definitely not getting Popstar Kaisa, I figure I should buy the position orbs now rather than wait for it to swap back to the normal orbs?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Does your MMR in one queue have any affect on others?

Trying TT placements I'm in with Plat and Diamond players (still, at 0-2 rip me).

Flex I'm about to get out of Bronze skipping divisions (started B5 due to just messing around to get through placements quick as possible), Solo previously Silver but unranked.

Why does it assume I'm worth giving a chance in TT?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Yeah that might be part of it too - all of us have no previous TT record so it's just throwing everyone in there together.

Well I hope it either gives up on me so I can get some wins or I just get carried harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Congrats, did my solo placements on the weekend - was trending towards S1/S2 with a possibility of pushing for G5 with everyone else... but kept playing way too late and hosed it up for myself.

Ended up with S4 which is better than Bronze at least :v: