Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tromp?? :thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It seems like many people have unexpected lag this holiday season

What is the solution?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:thunk:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh hello there eve online wannabe spymaster Enigma89 how goes life

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Best thing you can do is just personally play well and in chat never try and antagonize the guys who are already being dipshits, force yourself to be positive and not cause back and forth rage chatter and defuse it if others cause it, then if your not being a dipshit yourself, they might even follow your calls for where they should go.

Depending on how you get your fun from League of Legends, this might be the exact wrong advice.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Enigma89 posted:

15% is fair mein freund. With that said Digi was wrong.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I recently played League of Legends and had fun. :)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol tyler1

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its not forcing the support to buy sightstone if we just put the sightstone effect on some other item with a different name :thunk:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
which new totally-not-sightstone will be the yi one

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so how do you start with triple doran items and 2 potions? i can see getting 2 350gp items with futures market if you wait til 2 minutes to leave fountain but ....?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Radical posted:

they're testing making targeted spells draw creep aggro for the next patch which is kinda interesting, they might actually start making targeted spells again.

or this is just to further dissuade you from playing the remaining champions with targeted spells in a lead-up to converting more of them to skillshots

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yi is great and all but I have recently found myself enjoying Garen :)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luna Was Here posted:

why is everybody in this game negative

I think toxicity is a requisite for installing League of Legends

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RealFoxy posted:

Really a missed boat on someone not making parody song of Lyte with the Santa Clause theme after it came out he was taking nude pictures of his girlfriend while she was sleeping and sending them to her after they broke up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB8ZsjMhy5M

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

why are people playing relic shield starting on MF

koreans

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

that didnt answer my question!

njsykora gave the mechanical answer above, but most people who do anything in league of legends do so not because they have a good reason based on mechanics they understand but because they are aping what is (allegedly) popular in korea or something they saw on a stream without knowing why. even in this thread its not uncommon to see people advised to just blindly follow probuilds or similar if they dont know a champion, which leads to similar aping behavior.

so yeah, "koreans" is a legit answer

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Q8ee posted:

what's with how friendly and welcoming this thread is? legitimately didn't expect such a torrent of advice for a new guy. thanks! got a bunch of champs to try out now thanks to the stuff you've all posted, looking forward to it.

ape must not kill ape :hai:

plus goons love shobon newbies

even league goons

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tales of Woe posted:

Poppy is a fun tank who's in the 450 tier and can burst carries down if she can get a wallstun on them. she got a full rework a couple years ago so she's basically new champ quality design despite being in the bargain bin price tier.

Warwick is another 450-IP recent rework. He is no longer a guy with one button; instead, he's a guy with one button that can miss!

Nunu is also really strong, especially at low levels and experience, because you can just wander around eating the enemy jungle and throwing snowballs at people who try to stop you as you waddle away.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

Nasus honestly isn't a bad pick if you want to be tanky while doing damage, you can just build him as a bruiser and his Q will still chunk people out, and his ult gives him so much raw stats that he's pretty hard to chunk down in a fight. The way his Q works will also kind of force you to learn how last hitting works, while also giving you a bit of a crutch in terms of getting okay CS, especially combined with his E. His W is also a huge slow so it's great for chasing, and his E reduces MR/Armor by a lot in its radius, so you're giving your team some unique utility.

The problem with Susan is that he is entirely a scaling champion if you build him the usual Q Max. He is very vulnerable to getting bullied in line if you don't know what you're doing, and that can make for a long series of very frustrating games until you figure out how to play Top Lane, how to CS, how to shove and how to freeze, Etc. These are all things that you need to learn anyway, but he's one of those Champions where you can feel completely useless when you're getting Bodied early-game, so if that happens don't give up hope and just work on your fundamentals.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pog boyfriend posted:

if the enemy team does not know how to stop you then you can turn the game into a 4v5 by taking all big camps(gromp + buffs) from both side of the jungle forever and float a 4 level advantage over the other jungler until he quits playing the game

And if the enemy team has an idea of how to stop you but is bad at executing it, you can do all of that while also listening to Yakety Sax cuz you have a Scooby-Doo Chase all over the map

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kind of curious why there is so much love for initiators in the advice. My experience playing initiating tanks with the exception of junglers who can do their own thing is that when you try to initiate your team ignores you and blames you for feeding. It's frustrating for me and I have fairly thick skin, can only imagine how terrible it is for a newbie to go in with a stun combo then slowly die because the ADC decides just then is the best time to go kill wolves.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I get what you're saying. It's just that it's really obnoxiously boring to play a melee engager like Leona because you always want to go in when the enemy missteps. Deep down the issue is that I don't really want to learn when I shouldn't go in; instead, I want my team to be with me instead of 900 units away or derping around in the jungle, so that when I decide to go in they can/will immediately follow up. Especially at low MMR there's lots of people with no map awareness, even of the portion of the map that's visible on their screen, and will merrily keep on auto attacking minions or backing or whatever they're doing when you try to give them a gank. And heaven forbid you want to play a melee engage support like Leona at low MMR, you're just going to constantly feed.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yi support with relic shield is one hellova iniator :downs:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whats wrong with quinn top

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please do not discriminate against marksbirds

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pog boyfriend posted:

[screaming and on the verge of tears from raw emotion]it is probably because gently caress head tahm kench support players keep eating me when i am playing adc and we can turn around and kill them in a fight but instead they disengage so hard that the enemy never gets punished for their aggression

yeah bro that was totally an "accident"

just like all those times bard "accidentally" ulted the enemy tower

oops! :keke:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the most skillful champion is mastery yi he has the word master right there in his name :smugdog:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can some smart goons talk about tiamat and when its good

i have been building it on guys like garen and poppy and it feels really strong but it doesnt quite feel right on guys like tryndamere or yi and im kind of not really sure why

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pog boyfriend posted:

being a great top laner is really easy, you just pick "Teemo" and then tell the enemy team if they lose this game they lost to a teemo

being a great teemo means AFKing at the enemy red buff brush for the entire game :hai:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pog boyfriend posted:

is your new posting gimmick trying to convince me never to play a game with you or what

I cannot in good conscience advise anyone to play League of Legends; community is terrible, see the post you quoted as an example of a thing I have observed happen while the Teemo in question called everyone friend of the family in all chat.

But sure make this about me. :shrug:

e;
My "gimmick," if you want to say I have one besides posting screenshots of normal games, is to paraphrase the lovely sentiments of a lovely community as justification for being cynical/skeptical that non-assholes exist in this game.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And now that we've had our brief foray into posting about posting, I'd like to remind everyone that Yasuo is still obnoxious and deserves to be constantly banned.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Twice this weekend 3 people fought over who was supposed to be mid and all refused to budge or dodge so we ended up with 3 people mid all spamming pings and demanding in all chat that everyone report the other two.

Second game that happened was a draft pick, so I joined them and we had 4 people mid doing nothing. :buddy:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My favorite League of Legends experience from this past weekend was undoubtedly the Varus/Rakan duo queue whom upon repeatedly dying 2v2 in lane decided the problem was that our jungler was not ganking for them enough so to punish him they started reporting our jungler's location in real time via all chat and of course also out came the racist slurs.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RealFoxy posted:

My favorite league of legends experience was when the same person had 7 out of the last 10 posts ITT because they can't find the edit button

appreciate the congrats

e; :justpost: more fam

Addamere fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 16, 2018

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

so that was a weird bots game

had a jinx and brand in the bottom, a nasus and a nocturne in the jungle, nobody top, and me in the middle on miss fortune

i dont know why we actually won that one

but i had a sick rear end laning phase so gently caress it who cares, i had caulfield's three minutes in or some poo poo,turns out after maining tris for a while miss fortune is the real champ im good at

what do bots do when no one goes to their lane

do they just body the tower super fast or do they adjust to match where players are or do they spam all chat with insults or

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

why are you running cries man who hasnt engaged the enmy except to gank my kills from under me all game

laughed irl at this

welcome to the league of legends experience, please continue posting your trip reports :cheerdoge:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Verviticus posted:

i don’t think these happened

im not allowed to post screenshots of my normal game adventures in this thread anymore but if you are so inclined feel free to look up my summoner name Centigrade and you will not only find those games but also one where a blind pick spontaneously decided to make an all adc comp; and, if you are super inclined, you can even check to see that i've never played games prior with any of the people involved so it wasnt a bunch of people i knew getting together for a gimmick thing

it was fairly recent, i was jungle twitch

also shut up you smell like farts :o:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Work Friend Keven posted:

Wow the only thing better than that guy posting 19 times in a row is him posting 19 times in a row while dickeye gives him big ups.

guess i was wrong and posting about posting is cool and good :geno:

Desperately trying to steer this conversation back towards discussion of the video game League of Legends: after reading advice from a couple pages ago, I started removing Tiamat from my build on Poppy and I'm not really seeing a noticeable decrease in cs across several games; so, I think you guys were right in saying it's just not as good an option for wave-clear as Sunfire Cape, which i was building anyway most of the time. It was just a completely superfluous 1,200 gold tax I was putting on myself for apparently no real reason, and thanks to some smart people in this thread I stopped doing that.

so thanks for speaking up about that :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Verviticus posted:

im honestly happier just assuming you were making it up tbh

take your happiness where you can find it my dude