Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
If I post on the first page do I become an important League thread poster, or does will I become cursed by spooky ghosts or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I want old Galio back as a support with this new rune system. Manalink Bond to shoot Q's all day for harass, Aerie procs with his W on the ADC to shield, Aerie shield in turn procs Athene's heal, IT'S ALL TOO BEAUTIFUL

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Help! I'm 4 games into my placements and I haven't died yet. It's becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy, the longer I go without dying the more hesitant I become to take questionable fights but I want to keep my streak up oh god what do I do.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Just gonna leave this here:

Taric's jungle clear is insane if you play to Presence of Mind. It's hilarious.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I just solo'd Baron at 28 minutes as Taric jungle

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I just discovered you can place in a higher division then you finished in the previous season, so that's weird.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm also looking forward to the new jungle item that both gives free control wards, rewards invading and gives much improved mana regen and in the river too, just hope they keep red smite for the duelist junglers.

They removed all the other smites on the PBE I believe. This is the only one now.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Sexpansion posted:

Is Taric jungle a real thing that's possible and, if so, tell me how to do it.

I've been playing it a bit lately, it works just fine. Starting blue is very important, playing to Presence of Mind on you first clear is a must. I can generally clear all 6 camps + scuttle without running out of mana and then either gank or back. It is super important that you buy a tear as soon as possible. Taric's 1v1 potential with a tear early is good enough that you don't really have to worry about getting bullied out by the enemy jungler because you didn't pick up combat stats first. I usually go Sheen->Iceborn before I bother completing a jungle item, Sheen massively increases your damage in the early game and the Iceborn proc helps you stick to people, and between Iceborn and Tear you basically don't have mana problems anymore. One game I first built Iceborn and then built Spirit Visage and solo'd baron at 28 minutes with blue. Make sure your laner knows you're coming for a gank and goes in before you get there so you can W->E from them to get in. I always play with friends so it makes that easier. Also a really funny thing you can do is have your midlaner come near you while you chickens or your toplaner come near you while you gromp. I generally cast Q about a million times while I'm doing those camps and if I W link first it just tops off their health really quick and they walk back to lane.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Here's my Zoe two cents: Zoe is annoying to play against and can be hard to punish, but I've seen very few Zoe's carry the game even when ahead. I feel like the champion just doesn't convert a lead into a carry very well.

That is all, she's still annoying.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

njsykora posted:

Today I saw a pro player build Manamune on Taric.

Since his Q is spammable on towers giving you crazy attack speed Manamune is fine if you want a lot of tower pressure.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Vermain posted:

I had a Wukong mid who absolutely dumpstered the enemy team one game, like "9/0/1 at 15 minutes" dumpstered. If someone's picking something weird and I can at least imagine a universe where it could work, I give them the benefit of the doubt.

Were they against an AD assassin? Wukong mid is a very strong counterpick into those.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Kai'sa is my new favorite champion

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I've been spamming Kai'sa jungle and having pretty good success. Curious to see if anyone here has played much of her and how they're building her.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
https://i.imgur.com/7QA123s.gifv

This is one of my favorite league moments I captured, when I was playing Soraka and Heal/Shield power wasn't unique on Ardent.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Try that

https://my.mixtape.moe/pqunbo.webm

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Zerilan posted:

My flash is on S.

My flash is on spacebar.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

kingcobweb posted:

Buffs to Morgana, Brand, and Zyra will affect them more in botlane than in mid. (Who plays Zyra mid)

My teams midlaner

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

kingcobweb posted:

AD Zoe, clearly.

Also LeBlanc and Diana

Edit: corki??? kog??? :stonk:

The passive has a 30 second CD, but still, yeah

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I'm just gonna pop in here and say that mid Rakan is bonkers, super fun, and basically just a free murder gank lane.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Stefan Prodan posted:

With how much sustain there is in bot now with dorans shield and fleet footwork and poo poo should I even bother Caitlyn q'ing people if it's through minions or is it a waste of mana now

I feel like unless you hit them like some huge % of the time they just heal back up before it matters

Just get yourself a Soraka support and kill them under tower at level 2.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Erdricks posted:

So I get the rule of thumb re focusing on a narrow hero pool. How narrow? Do I just need to worry about surviving a ban phase or be able to come out with counterpicks?

Find a champion or two you're comfortable with in the lanes you queue for and then learn to play the counters to those champions. It will help you in those matchups and if the other team picks your main you have a champion your comfortable playing that is a strong pick against them.

But mostly just make sure you can play some tanks because in low elo everyone wants to be the guy that blows up the other guy and the team that actually has a frontline usually wins.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Wait, are you all not just spamming Morgana jungle and stylin' on people? That's been working pretty well for me.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Who all is playing Clash this weekend?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Just went 19/5 in my second game as Pyke support. I'm supporting.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

el dingo posted:

I'm actually questioning the wisdom of giving a champ two forms of crowd control usable from camo.

People who have played against him, is there a sound when he activates his camo? I was using it and people were backing off a lot like it was a sion ult or something

I practiced against a friend and he said it makes a crazy loud sound that is super noticeable.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Here are some hot Pyke hook tips:

Charging his hook doesn't seem to slow down his movement speed, or if it does it is not by much.

Flashing while charging the hook does not interrupt it's channel in any way, so flash hook everybody.

The hook pulls them a set distance towards you and not to you, so if you hook them point blank it flips them over your head a la Singed/Volibear. You give up a little damage by not just tap Qing, but the displacement is crazy for ganks.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

el dingo posted:

Today I was playing pyke and somehow I ended up with the bag of gold in my inventory after a kill

I think you get the bag if you put the X down but someone else actually gets the kill before it procs. You don't actually have to get the kill to share the gold, they just have to die standing over the X.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Last night I played a game where the jungler decided the game was over when the other team took the first tower. It was 6 to 6 in kills with no large CS lead on either side. He started talking about how he wanted out of the game so he could blow his brains out and how it was his fault we were losing and he was going to kill himself and please let him out of the game why were we torturing him before he took his own life.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I played against the Nunu/Karthus mid jungle thing today. I played Soraka and when I hit level 12 Karthus was almost one shotting me with his ult even though I had an MR item. It was a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Coming back to the game after a long absence and I'm a big Rakan fan, but I have no clue how to build him anymore. Any Rakan advice on builds or his general place in the meta would be appreciated. If it helps, my club is called Rakan on Heaven's Door.