Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I haven't player a serious game of ranked league since like 2014 and have only played aram games sporadically since. I have generally kept up with the game and watch stuff here and there. Is there anything I need to know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I came back and have been playing only ARAM again since late November. Is it unpopular? The difference in games once I got to 55% winrate is crazy. So much better. Really, really hate the ADC items and ADCs in general still. They're my favorite but god its a slog going 9/7/9 sometimes but it's something i've gotten used to. I guess the game has changed on my old rear end. I really miss old Graves and Talon.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Why do supports need full builds? The rest isn't important.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

strong bird posted:

it isnt happening by design from riot games, its people doing it themselves. usually what happens is they do a hamfisted nerf/buff to try and right the wrong which only further dumpsters the champ. only sometimes will they actually lean in and let it happen. like they were loving astounded somehow that senna was being played as ADC and they just progressively made the entire champ worse over the course of half a year in response. i havent seen rell in any of my many games, pick or ban, unless its me playing it. they dont know what theyre doing

Wait is Senna not supposed to be an ADC?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

All these builds you guys poo poo on I see regularly in ARAM. I guess since they "work" there people are trying them in SR. Mandate Ashe is fine but I still think AP MF/Twitch is a meme.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm sure he was supposed to look like Karthus but they don't do monster champs anymore because of "reasons".

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

kartus isnt a monster

edit: also whats lillia then lmao

You know what I meant. What does saying one champ mean when there's over 150?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Amumu got nerfed by the items he built being nerfed.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Don't surrender until they're pushing your nexus and 3 or more people have 30 second death timers.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Been playing it and like it. Dont forget to actually claims the missions and rewards. Like got me to level 7 so far.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Did they say they were never giving PC have wild rift graphics options? I thought different.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah I'm about the same ARAM MMR and Wild Rift making me play ranked has been suffering. Luckily ARAM is finally open on it.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Because bashing your action figures together is always fun. Two try hard teams in ARAM is pretty fun. The games get more kill heavy and hetic as you go up in MMR. If people practiced team fighting and positioning as much as they study item builds and CSing we'd be better off.

Elvis_Maximus posted:

:same:

ARAM has just never been for me. Whenever I play league I generally just want to play specific characters as well, so playing someone I don't care for at all and then just slowly getting stomped is miserable

I've played Warcraft mod/DOTA/League for so many years now it's kinda boring. I can play pretty much every champion at a decent level except the new bullshit they spit out every 3 months so it's always interesting seeing who I'm gonna play next or how will our mish mash team wins? Or seeing if our dumb team can beat the enemy meta team. And win or lose who cares, it's just ARAM.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They don't ban new champ from ranked for a week? Or is that DOTA2?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Chemtank and rylais as usual.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Singed needs to live to be of any use and only Chemtank helps him actually live. He's not in a good place right now but buying stuff like Shurelya's or liandry's is asking to get rolled. The other two tank mythics are fine for him too.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Vayne is so bad right now reducing her range or nerfing her w even more will make her a troll pick.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I honestly don't see a reason to not have it Xbox or PC if you play games at all. Game pass is so worth the money

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I don't know, I get champion shards and BE so easily and I've owned every champion since years ago. I haven't paid money for a champ since I don't know when. And I only play aram a few hours every other day or so.

I was salty at heart steel for awhile but after figuring out it's actually bad on most champs because they can't stack effectively it's fine. It's just a tank meta right now. Frustrating as a carry lover as my margin for error is incredibly slim. Just gotta hug my fat guys and stay away from the enemy fat guy as much as possible and fight front to back.

RBX fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Dec 2, 2022

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Twitch prime drops every month combined with the easy battle pass helps too.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Every ARAM game feels like a coin flip and ends like a wet noodle. I knew once they stuck their noses in it they'd ruin it. Shout out to Kha somehow still not getting nerfed.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

He's the only champ I've never even tried and he looks amazing now.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I wish so hard we could get ACTUAL ARAM balance stuff but I understand why it's not a priority.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nobody is playing wild rift to try hard

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

That's a chroma.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I need this patch on live right loving now!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Those checks and balances make the game more fun I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

It's easier to quickly ult an unsuspecting target than risk an e.