Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

CubeTheory posted:

If I post on the first page do I become an important League thread poster, or does will I become cursed by spooky ghosts or something?
you either die a gowby or you live long enough to steal money from goons to build a speed running pc

I can still see gowby posts in my dreams sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Guys, I just got Vayne because of her new upcoming skin, and I love her. I feel like she's the best adc, and she suits me perfectly. I have a problem though: my support is never in sync with me, and I end up dying a lot due to their incompetence. Why can't supports just go in when I do? I've tried telling them to get in lockstep with me, but for some reason they are never gracious despite my advice. Just go in at level one, man. With my silver bolts I can win any engage if I just have some support!
:thunk:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I just hope they don't nerf Kleptomaniac because it's not really the best choice in most games but it's one of the most fun.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

foutre posted:

Fun fact for season 8: according to Meddler, Sona and... Yorick ?? are the top performing champs on the patch. Finally Yorick's time to shine...
I'm not even convinced that the higher ups in Riot even play this game anymore

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Riot made some improvements to the leveling system.

• Milestone emotes are now free and we're refunding anyone who already used BE to unlock them.
  • Leveling capsules will now give out more raw blue essence and fewer low-value shards.
  • To make the "First Win of the Day" more generous, we're making it reset 20 hours after you earn it (instead of 22 hours).

Now you're guaranteed enough gemstones to buy one of those Hextech skins.....By level 600.

source

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The new runes have caused :siren: 29 new Bugs on Mordekaiser :siren:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Let’s be all stand up and applaud the new Varus lore that is both gay AND extra edgy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lovechop posted:

this poo poo sucks

what's the most annoying emote i can get instead

dabbing or fedora tipping penguin

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It's time for URF again so you know what that mean!! It's time for The Fast: Tokyo Drift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA5yRlC5Uk4

We regret to inform you Tokyo Drift has been canceled

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Methanar posted:

protip you can leave any game without penalty by disabling your network adapter and then closing the game.

looks like your internet dropped out as far as riot is concerned
Fun fact: internet issues can still get you banned though

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Addamere posted:

I think toxicity is a requisite for installing League of Legends
I swear Mr Lyte it wasnt me that typed 300 racial slurs it was my brother

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Really a missed boat on someone not making parody song of Lyte with the Santa Clause theme after it came out he was taking nude pictures of his girlfriend while she was sleeping and sending them to her after they broke up

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

My favorite league of legends experience was when the same person had 7 out of the last 10 posts ITT because they can't find the edit button

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Nightgull posted:

I just want to say I like big, heavily armored guys a lot and Mordekaiser did not live up to that fantasy. Darius was really fun. But he seems very easy to run away from, and the Gnar I defeated in lane was even worse than me somehow. Darius Q is hard to hit sometimes.

I think next I will try Orn, or Illaoi. The bird girl also seems neat. Rayah? I like her aesthetic, though not as much as Kindred. Hopefully the next time Kindred is available, I'll be good enough to make use of her properly. I don't mean that in a creepy way, even though it sounds like it. I should probably go to sleep but I'm going to play Illaoi. Wish me luck, my new friends.
Mordekaiser, Darius, and Illaoi are all part of a subclass called the "Juggernauts" that were a recent update a year or two back, that were meant to be absolutely unstoppable if they get on top of you but easy to kite if you know what you're doing. If you ever made the mistake of getting close to these champions they were supposed to basically one-shot you.

Illaoi and Darius still fit the same mold, and when the update hit so did Mordekaiser, more than anyone else. But they had made him an "AD Carry replacement" in bot lane which meant to make up for being a melee champion with no gap closers and small range, he was incredibly over-powered. They started nerfing him, started a mini rework, and now he has so many bugs he's almost unplayable now.

If you like the Juggernaut playstyle (Big beefy champions that do a lot of damage if you get on top of someone) the other ones lumped into that group are Skarner (A jungler who has a gimmick with shrines you can capture to buff you), Garen (A tanky Juggernaut who does a lot of damage but can only basically run at your really fast), and Nasus (Someone who just wants to farm for about 20-30 minutes and can then just one-shot people with his Q if he gets close enough)

Kindred is a very complicated jungler, because she plays pretty differently than almost every other one, a lot of her strength relies on good kiting in the jungle and good sense to counter-jungle safely to get her marks up and her ultimate can sometimes gently caress your entire team over. For a similar type feel, Nidalee and Graves ranged junglers that are a little bit easier to use -- Nidalee herself has a bit of mechanics to master and is a bit more squishy and relies on hitting a long-range skillshot for most of her damage, graves is the tankier of the three and plays almost like an ADC in the jungle.

Orn is pretty interesting and really powerful right now, but if you want similar champions that are easier to play/learn on there's Zac (Jungle) and Malphite (top)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Aumanor posted:

You forgot about Methanar.
He's less weird twitter and more irl amumu.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Looks really cool and I can't wait. Is it live in the patch 2 weeks from now?
It will prob hit PBE in the next week and stay there for around a month and a half

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

JerryLee posted:

Those new MF splashes are so much worse, holy poo poo
I applaud the riot artists for somehow managing underboob and buttcrack in the same Road Warrior splash that isn't even that revealing of a skin in game

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I know you're all huge fans of LoL lore. Here's the latest updated lore on Annie:

quote:

"HER STORY BEGINS IN THE ASHES."

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

JerryLee posted:

Why would a bot end the game with only a doran's item though
If someone disconnected they probably sat in fountain

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The Dregs posted:

He's fun tho
He's a jungler in a semi-nerfed state so it's not the best idea right now

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Doesn't ivwen have abilities that only really work in the jungle

Because that feels less like off meta and more like eating soup with a fork
He was one of the old attempts at making a weird, situational jungler like Kindred. Surprise! You make a really weird jungler they're either OP or totally useless. They've nerfed Ivern a lot, just like they used to nerf Kindred a lot, or Graves/Nidalee a lot.

They'll eventually come back into meta because honestly Riot has no idea how to handle more than 3 junglers being in meta at one time so they'll keep nerfing what's strong until they're just default again. See also: Jarvin who has been the strongest jungler or unusable for 6 years now

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Scarra plays almost exclusively Katarina. He's not GREAT at mechanics, but he's probably got the best third eye and game sense out of most streamers.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Nightgull posted:

I've seen joke before, but I don't get it. Of course I've only played with a varus once, and he kicked my buttocks.
The Darkin are a race of demonic weapons that attempt to take control of whoever is using them. For some reason Varus had his lore reworked to become one of those, with his host being two gay men fused into a third body.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

what the gently caress is that

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I miss Season 2 competitive where the top laners were all just proxy farming in each other's bases

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Nightgull posted:

I don't think i've ever seen a MOBA character as radiantly sensual as Evelynn.
Uh hello, Taric is in this very game

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It’s more of a competitive change since teams are afraid to do loving anything after 50 minutes and will regularly just flat out refuse to leave base if they have inhibs down

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

njsykora posted:

If you think Taric is gay wait until you hear about Varus.
Taric is actually three times more gay than any other champion because it's two gay men living inside a gay demon

e: Varus, typo altho there could be two gay men inside Taric too, I don't know

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Feb 25, 2018

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Do you think Thresh is the gayest champion, considering he has access to unlimited gay souls? He does have a thing for Lucian...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

also foo fighters
When has Dave Grohl ever been broody or emo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The weird thing about Lux skins is that I hardly ever see her anywhere except ARAM because she's still kind of slow and sluggish. Just about every streamer girl on Twitch plays her in every lane, though.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I think they've said before the skins team just makes the skins they want now, so that's why some champions get 10 skins a year and some champions get 1 skin in 10 years. Some initiative to get "high quality skins" out of the team because they're more passionate about what they're working on

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Chroma skins are just too hard to make for us

Also we're going to release every new skin with at least 4-8 chromas

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Vermain posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt0vf5uxTeI

anthony burch 100% wrote every line of this and i hate it
Reminder: Jokes should be funny

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPomkiqkdzA

very important

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

say no to bats posted:

So if I logged into league and was made to pick a new summoner name, is that to mean my old one was reported and disallowed?

Had that one for 7 or 8 years...
What was it before?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Welcome to Sneaky's butthole

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

She's literally Vayne that somehow got access to a lane-long tumble.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

otoh she doesnt have a stun
Are most Vayne mains aware that Vayne has a stun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Asema posted:

you can name anthony burch and remind people of his divorce if you really wanted to
Anyone who name-searches themselves then blocks people who say bad things about them should be spanked with moon rocks