Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

She's Nidalee 2.0

Pretty much, she's like old pre-rework nidalee. If you can poke people out with stars you are good, otherwise you are useless. Though with her sleep and being able to choose weird angles she's probably even worse than old nida.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Methanar posted:

The only silence left is soraka

Malzahar Q still has a silence, so does Garen's I believe? I don't play garen.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

the only genuinely fun moment i had in an alternate game mode is when all for one was on summoners rift and we took a 20 minute baron as zyras just having our plants tank it. and we took it SUPER FAST

I agree 100%. All for one right after the Zyra rework was some of the most fun League I've ever played. So many drat plants.

Though 5 Anivias vs 5 Anivias on murder bridge's all for one was pretty good too.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Vermain posted:

champion.gg's reporting a 60% winrate for her in mid, which I think is genuinely unprecedented.

60% isn't unprecedented. I'm pretty sure there was a variation of skarner that hit 65% for a while.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Camille is definitely going to show up in Arcane.

They already added in a very interesting easter egg to her voice lines for it.

They added in a taunt where she implies to Vi that she had some involvement in the death of her parents.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 8, 2021

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Lord_Magmar posted:

Usually, if you get jungle and ask you'll be able to swap it to someone else, especially Ultimate Spellbook. As for the ult thing, the way that the game-mode scales ults that are normally only AD or AP means that they get really really busted strong. I would easily recommend them on a mid-lane mage over Kha'zix.

Just become an AP assassin basically.

Depending on the mage, khazix ult is really good for engage/disengage. Like a veigar popping out of the shadows to cage your whole team and one shot a carry is pretty scary. Don't sleep on stuff that gives mobility/stealth/untargetability to champs that normally don't have access to them cause that can be insanely strong.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

TheAnomaly posted:

I haven't played DOTA, but Rammus and Hecarim are both Junglers with immense movement speed tied into their abilities. Aurelion Sol has a zoom across the map ability but probably can't jungle well. Twisted Fate can jungle (haven't seen him do it in a while, but he can) and his ultimate is a teleport. Pantheon is a jungler and has a similar but much more telegraphed ultimate, but his ult does do damage when he lands.

There is also Lillia who is a jungle champ that moves fast and does hit and run and kiting type stuff.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Miftan posted:

They already butchered Lux's ult

We lost Finales Funkeln but we at least gained her yelling Demacia when she ults, so it was about an even trade.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Super Librarian posted:

If you could get punished for a bad Bard ult, whether intentional or not, there'd be a lot of permabanned goons (myself included)

A while back Riot claimed they improved their ability to start picking up on some of the more subtle and hard to detect stuff people do to troll. They specifically mentioned people trolling with Anivia walls, Bard ult and Syndra throw (yeeting golem away from your own jg at level 1, etc). So it is Riot's intent to punish/ban people who intentionally troll with bard's ult.

It could be an empty threat, I don't know how they'd do it other than having staff personally review games if someone gets a lot of reports for something. I wonder if anyone has actually gotten banned for this despite what they said though.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

ShowTime posted:

Is there a TFT thread somewhere? Sorry to ask, I looked and couldn't find one.

Yup, it doesn't have a lot of traffic lately though

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3920058

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
PBE is unstable atm but Set 10 is on there now and really fun. I'd just play that instead.

If folks are still sticking with set 9.5, this is what I've noticed at Diamond recently if it helps anyone.

Void and shurima 6 seem to be the most flexible and easiest verticals to hit that i've seen (with spat of course). Void spat goes on a multicaster like Taliyah or Sona. But both of those are massive powerspikes even if you dont otherwise have the right units/items yet.

Chobitem still works with perfect cho items and 6 Bruiser with stacked Sejuani + 4 star carry of choice (most often Nilah) also does okay if you dont hit the 3* cho/cass.

Jinx can be situationally very powerful if you get robot arm. Stack her, Graves and Ekko, though you'll probably bot 8 if you dont hit graves or jinx 3* soon enough). It's not as good as ashe or void reroll but this gives you an out for rogue/gunner/zaun emblems.

Challenger feels like the worst vertical by far but Challenger Aatrox, Fiora and Ka'isa are very good. So they can still carry you if you manage to get good items for them and you can 2* them fast enough.

Ionia/Vanq caps out hard if you go 6/6 but it is the most item dependent of comps to pull off I'd say. (or at least ashe or vanq karma 3* dependent) so its not as consistent as the other verticals in practice because of how contested this comp can be. Vanq spat is the only way to make Karma a decent unit though. Ionia Nilah is amazing at least if you can throw an RFC or two on her so you do have a back up if Ashe doesn't happen. Xayah is still a little underwhelming. Not bad but she doesn't carry as hard as the other 4 costs but you have to use her for traits anyways.

Invokers is bad right now unless you ridiculously high roll. 8 Sorc needs stacked taric/shen + silco with good items (BB/Hextech) but i've seen it do well in a lot of games.

The important thing I've seen for consistent games is just to get 5-6 of something decent (like by early stage 3 at latest) asap and play to save health. Because even if 2-3 people hit 9 verticals or 3* 4 costs or 5 costs, if you got enough health you can last long enough for those people to take each other out so you can get top 3-4 with a much worse comp. But if you greeded to end up with 7 demacia 4 slayer at 18 health, then that 9 Shurima player or guy who hit 3* Kai'sa can still randomly knock you out in a single match, even if you happen to have the 2nd strongest board at the time.

You just have to expect that at least 1-2 people are gonna high roll to the point that they will just slaughter everyone, so in that case the only thing that helps you is having more health than the others.

But yeah you have to play Urf legend every game regardless. Emblems are just too important right now. It sucks but Set 10 seems so much better already at least.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

To be fair everyone who first tries TFT and also most players trying a new set end up feeling this way. I think they actively aim for that feeling of esoteric confusion.

100% this. Everything is just pure chaos for the first 20-30 games or so usually. Just figuring out what comps and sets do takes time. Let alone all the new mechanics they add every season.

Though Set 10 is really fun so far so I think it'll be worth to wait for that.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

It is true that diamond lobbies are 9/10 Urf but I've had success with poro and draven (only take first augment if silver) but you know, your mileage may vary.

Edit: they are 9/10 because I am not playing Urf.

Not to derail the thread too much with TFT stuff but at least it looks like this playstyle will be fully dead in set 10. I've just noticed testing it out but there are no emblem granting augments at all now. They were all removed as well as legends. So the only way to get emblems is the very rare rng tome of trait drop from the pve rounds or picking up a spat or emblem on the carousel.

And even with the return of chosen, you still need 1-2 emblems in addition to the right chosen unit to cap out any vertical so it's definitely going to be once in a blue moon sort of thing again.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 9, 2023

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Riot is about to go all in on their MMO and needs as many resources as possible. They are now banking on Arcane and other titles to build the world, so their future investment pays off.

See I kinda interpreted this as a sign that maybe the MMO is being written off as a failed project and now they are just rallying to what's making money currently. It's already known as a current project but there's no mention of it except for the "there are various projects at various stages of R&D development". And that feels like the sort of thing you'd want to reassure people about in a message about cutting a bunch of projects/etc. Like they did by making clear that the fighting game is still undergoing development.

Rip Runeterra though, it was kinda a fun game and I'm sure there's quite a few people who will miss it once it's fully in maintenance mode.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

The Chad Jihad posted:

The riot mmo's "direction has been reset", and has been punted far into the future. They're going dark for "likely several years". Grim news for both the remaining MMO enjoyers and the League Lore appreciators, and especially that one goon

The fact that it wasn't even mentioned as a project of note when they made the announcement of projects that would go forward was pretty telling. The fighting game at least got an announcement that it would be going forward so I expect that will finish at least. It's also much further along of course. But yeah the MMO is dead for sure. To be fair its a hard genre to get into and it's unclear of how successful it could even be with WoW/FF14 and GW2,etc in the market already. If they are pairing things down, even successful things like the riot forge stuff, a project like that is a pretty easy choice to axe.

It also probably didn't help that they already had to replace leadership on the mmo once, so there's probably been a lot of trouble for the project behind the scenes for a while now. Which wouldn't be that unusual for a MMO but might be part of the reason why they got to that point. It just might not make sense for them to throw more resources at it now.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Mar 21, 2024