Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
I'm going to be blatantly honest. The only reason why I play this game is so I keep up with the lore so I am ready for whenever the MMO comes. Otherwise, gently caress all Yasuo mains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Just got stomped on by Warwick top. Why does this wolf do stupid amounts of damage so early?

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Thumbtacks posted:

I have no sympathy for vayne tops. i dont think i've ever seen one actually win, and i dont think they deserve to. stay in your lane, figuratively and literally :frogout:

They all must be camped.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I declare this season as confusing and annoying. No more mythic items, but I can only build so much. I may start only playing ARAM at this point.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

1stGear posted:

Riot is at least aware that Illaoi is in a bad spot at the moment. The map changes are one thing, but the loss of Iceborne Gauntlet as her go-to mythic makes her feel way squishier and has crippled her role as a split-pushing raid boss.

Shojin into Sterak's into a AP/AD defensive item has felt best to me so far. There's a guy on the Illaoi subreddit singing the praises of Voltaic Chainsword as it gives her a slow on melee again, but I haven't tried it yet.

T1 went on an unhinged rant about Illaoi being gutted for zero reason on today's stream of his. I somehow feel sorry for her mains out there.

E: Spelling

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Akali seems pretty busted right now. Rush Shadowflame and watch your E-2 and ULT-2 become nukes.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Akali top is something else. Shadowflame seems way too strong at the moment.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Teemo VGU is going to hit like a brick. Not ready for his annoying rear end to increase in play rate and win rate when Riot inevitably buffs him.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Riot. Give us MMO news or new Riot news. You are starting to treat League like a joke.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Vermain posted:

work on the MMO probably got significantly delayed by ghostcrawler exiting stage left; it's not a trivial thing to completely replace your project director, especially for something with the stakes of the league of legends MMO

They put multiple statements saying that they are ok and we aren't fazed. Whether that is the case or not is tbd.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

thebardyspoon posted:

To be fair, they did feel some pressure to put out a statement last year saying "hey, sorry for the impression that League isn't a priority anymore" so rightly or wrongly, someone having that perception was on their radar. I feel like they've kinda made a good case for showing that they've turned that around if it was the case as well though.

I think they said they weren't going to be talking about the MMO anytime soon relatively recently as well. Probably they have spent a lot of whatever pre-production period it's had so far honestly trying to work out if a new WoW/FF14 like can even possibly compete or if they need to do something completely different and what that'd even look like, you'd hope they'd be past that point by now but maybe it is a very hard thing to figure out, there's a lot of "what not to do" examples sitting around as well.

We'll see how long they keep that mentality because I've seen a lot more people bitching about the new season this year than in the past.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Endorph posted:

i mean the reason people are bitching is that there's substantial changes, thats gonna create more response than 'we changed the starter jungle item and thats it'

ADCs are left completely in the open and the new meta will be just running two supports. We already need some hotfixes for some mage items (lol), Jungle pathing is absolutely hosed. We have a ways to go.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Hellioning posted:

Even if the new season is poo poo I don't think it makes sense for Riot to put all these changes in if they're treating League like a joke.

The pressure was absolutely on.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

No Wave posted:

What game were players like yourself looking to move onto instead?

None because I'm addicted to this poo poo game.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Fajita Queen posted:

The biggest video game in history is definitely a joke, yup. lol

Obviously, the game is not a joke. But it's very easy to see when RIot decides to just backseat and develop it to milk money rather than actually try to make something that is creative and new that doesn't completely break the game. Diamond+ is a hell hole.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://www.riotgames.com/en/news/2024-player-update

Here come the Layoffs

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Vermain posted:

it's also a bit of a bummer to see riot forge going away, since i think every game under the umbrella was good-to-great at a minimum. ruined king's still easily one of the best classical turn based RPGs out there, and mageseeker/song of nunu/chronobreak were all solid titles in their respective genres

the reasoning given's a bit strange, and my real guess is that the amount of support needed to ensure artistic consistency and squaring any new titles with their push towards a unified canon outweighed the profit the games were bringing in

Riot is about to go all in on their MMO and needs as many resources as possible. They are now banking on Arcane and other titles to build the world, so their future investment pays off.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

1stGear posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if the only things at Riot that are really making money are Valorant, TFT, and League. We know that esports is a loss leader for them and there's no way Netflix is paying enough for Arcane for it to be profitable. Wouldn't surprise me if Riot Music projects also get reeled back to working exclusively on stuff immediately relevant to the games rather than all the off-shoot bands. And the MMO must be consuming atrocious amounts of cash with no release date on the horizon.

Sucks, but even Riot doesn't actually have infinite money.

They'll probably get a loan from Daddy Tencent.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

1stGear posted:

Going by some light Googling, Valorant started development in 2014 and wasn't officially announced until 2020 (and released just a few months later). Project L probably started development in 2016 when Riot bought the studio that L's leadership was making a different game under and it didn't get officially announced until 2021. So Riot continuing to be silent on the MMO isn't out of sync with their other development timetables. Its just that this particular project got sort of soft-announced early because they needed to massively staff up for it and Ghostcrawler knew it would leak anyway.

Also this was gonna take a lot longer to make than any other project. They needed veterans from around the VGC to get in now to built the foundation. Especially with how popular the Runeterra IP is.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Arcane is about to do some of the most intense and immense damage control for a brand.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Endorph posted:

50/50 odds on arcane s2 being bad

I’ll take those odds so we get some more proper world building.

Lord_Magmar posted:

The MMO/Legends of Runeterra were kind of carrying the "brand image" in terms of story/lore for a lot of people, something which otherwise only Arcane really worked great at.

Now that the MMO and LoR are both "dying" Arcane Season 2 is all those types of fans in particular have left.

Not just all of that. It’s the fact that Riot made it abundantly clear they now have a dedicated Lore Team to work on Runeterra and give everything life and meaning. Now they are just throwing everything away for the time being. I love Runeterra and the potential of how epic the world can get but Riot kinda treating it like poo poo for the moment.

E: Grammar

A Sneaker Broker fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Mar 22, 2024

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Tonfa posted:

Thanks for the effortposts, will look at the video when I get a chance and then gently caress around and find out with Master Yi :cheerdoge:

I recommend you start in bot lane. ADC or Support is fine. Top Lane is the ultimate "I'm on my own, no one is coming to save me" lane and is very hard. If you play jungle, you will have 4 other people bitching to you the entire game for help. And mid-lane is .... You'll get the hang of this game quickly.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Riot should just commission insanely talented authors to make canon books.

I would suggest either M.L. Wang, Brandon Sanderson, or Joe Abercrombie.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Riot needs to ask Daddy Tencent for money to make the mmo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Wake me up when T1 smokes MSI because they have a god-tier Top Laner.