Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
So there's another bug I've run into-

If you get placed into the low priority queue, there's a chance that you can never queue until you log out and back in.

Several times now the Time Remaining timer has reset at around 10 minutes. Once that countdown completed the countdown window disappeared but the 'Finding Match' timer didn't change at all and was stuck at 30something minutes. It seems to only happen after a full game has been completed.

So if you're in that low priority queue make sure you re-log after a game. This has happened to me on a couple of accounts at different locations

isaboo fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Champ I've died to most: Yasuo (428 times)

Champ I've killed the most: Yasuo (431 times)

:flipoff: eat poo poo yasuo :smug:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
loving the last stand karthus

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
so glad old LeBonk is back

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
yeah essence reaver renekton is ridiculous

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Ya know something I never see? Glacial augment. Well, I did see it yesterday on an AP support Shaco and by looking at his profile I found that that's the only thing the dude ever takes for runes.

Anywho, what champions do you like to use it with? Wasn't Glacial Vladimir a thing recently?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

:sigh:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
The map is neat I'd like to learn more about Mudtown

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Tired Moritz posted:

this is why you never play ranked, my friends

This is correct.

Some may howl at this post and I do realize it is from someone that is old and has been playing this dumb game since beta and ranked everywhere from Bronze 3 to Plat 3 but I've said this before and I'll say it again... I've found that the real magic, excitement, and true league experience do not come from playing ranked but rather from playing in the depths of blind pick with Bronzies. Silvers maybe. Anything above that and you get boosted scrubs that know nothing or players that have an exaggerated sense of skill and insist their calls are correct and if not followed will feed or quit or just make it miserable. In my experience Plat 3 was the goddamn worst division of anything ever. I still watch the LCS with my kids and get invested in it but my glory days of playing LoL seriously are over so I had to find a new way to enjoy it.

If you're not into climbing through ranked or need a break and you have some degree of skill, here's my hot take for playing LoL in tyool 2018 for maximum fun:
Play down to their level, don't expect them to play up to yours.

A couple years ago I decided to just become The Enabler. To me, nothing in this game is more fun than queuing up for blind pick and enabling other players to make the plays they've only dreamed of. See that 0/8/3 Bronze 3 jungle Zed that has probably never had a penta or even a quadra in his life? Set that poo poo up for him. Doesn't matter what team he's on. Just give the guy a good play. What, you've got an 18/0/10 Zoe going ham and just kill stealing everything and tilting both teams? Set something up to shut her down. Again doesn't matter what team.

I'm not saying that I intentionally feed or just gently caress off to the jungle and PVE until a big opportunity comes along. But if you've got the relative skill and foresight, it's so much more fun to "accidentally" whiff your Sejuani ult when you know that enemy bronze3 Zed has his ult up and the teams are grouping for a fight. If you're way above everyone else in skill, then you probably WILL throw out the perfect Sej ult and cleanup their entire team. Ho-hum. We all see that poo poo every time we play and for me it's really not fun to do it to players that are significantly worse than me. Bor-ing.
Consciously make a bad Baron call and watch one or both teams get aced in the pit with a billion particle effects going off and huge damage numbers flashing all around. In my experience that's all that matters to players that are stuck down in the Dirt leagues anyway. They want BIG NUMBERS and YouTube highlights so they build sub-optimal items. Crazy builds. They can't be bothered with warding and maybe don't even understand that other trinkets can be purchased. The jungler might not ever appear in a lane until he's level 9 cuz he's gotta get dat gold for his AP Jungle Nami build. It's those type of games that are hopeless to begin with and the winning team usually wins not because of but in spite of itself. It's those type of games that are not curses but rather golden opportunities to see and enable some really, really crazy poo poo. Those players are likely not going to listen to any advice you'd give them anyway, what with their Dunning-Kruger and willful ignorance and general obstinance holding them back.

Sure, ranked games with a legit good draft on both sides with clear win conditions and capable teammates and opponents are fun, but how often do you really get a perfect storm like that and play through it as expected? And morever, how often does a streak of games like that last? For me, if I do get into a ranked game like that it ends up just being played by the numbers and after a while that just becomes dull and stagnant to me- "Welp I climbed into Plat so I'm going to be seeing the same players over and over and aside from big meta changes nothing is going to surprise me."

So my old man advice to anyone playing this silly game is to give ranked a legit shot, let the matchmaking do its thing and put you where you belong, and then play down from there in blind pick whenever you've had enough of ranked, are tilting, or are just goddamn tired of playing sober or whatever. Turn off your brain, instalock Veigar or whoever and take whatever lane is left. Doesn't matter. You're there to just play around the 9 other people and set up crazy poo poo. If you're tilting or on a losing streak you're not not going to play well anyway so just have a bit of fun and be creative. The key to playing this way is to be subtle about it though. Bonus points if you '/ignore all' at the start or even better block the LOL chat servers so that you never even connect to the lobby during the picks. This is only for the most sociopathic of us though. So most of us I guess.

In essence my style of play nowadays is "LOG ON TO GAME PRESS BUTANS" and have fun watching everyone else have fun.

Dont do any of this if you care about the integrity of the game

isaboo fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Aug 29, 2018

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Yes stream your games Enigma do it do it

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I think you used to (or still can?) be able to get in an AA with Singed's Fling ability as they're being tossed.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Smite sucks and no money should be given to Hi-Rez anyway because of what they did to the Tribes property

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Dancer posted:

Okay how can user N1g3rF4gg0t (EUW) not be banned yet. Riot, it's not hard...

There are so many like this on NA. Sometimes it's the group or clan or whatever name and I report them all the goddamn time but I have never gotten the pop up notice for any punishment. If 'human being friend of the family' is said in chat i sometimes get the notice after a report but never have for an offensive name or tag

Riot really sucks hard on this one

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
edit: nevermind I hate this game

isaboo fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Nov 16, 2018

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Sylas is tilting as gently caress when he steals a Cho'Gath ult and kills the Cho with it. Fortunately I was the Sylas. Killing a Karthus with his own ult just before he finishes channeling his is awesome too.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I'm having a lot of fun with Sylas but drat it's confusing to keep in mind what the limitations of some stolen ults are. Like if he steals Teemo's, he gets 3 shrooms but stealing Kassadin's ult only gives him one use. It's a bit buggy too.... sometimes the reactivation to actually cast the stolen ult works immediately, other times it doesn't fire at all and goes on CD. Also stealing something with stacks like Zed's ult keeps the stacks (I think, unless the stack buff indicator is just bugged).

I could see his ult cooldown getting a nerf; I had it down to 12.5 seconds with only 30% CDR iirc but I guess the CD per enemy champion makes up for that most of the time.

One of the best things about him in Wood Tier is that no one ever reads chat at all unless it's to flame each other so no one ever sees the "Sylas has stolen _________'s Ultimate" message and all of a sudden a stolen Shaco ult turns into another Sylas and everyone freaks out. Anyway the tilting potential and mind games available with this dude are just so fun he's my favorite new champ in a very long time.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Are the buffs to Vi gonna impact her in a meaningful and good way?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I mean there's a point at which you're only trolling yourself by not voting yes if you would make the difference. I guess where you decide that line is, is up to you, but still.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
which hotkeys options do ya'll prefer? I've always used quickcast with no indicator except for stuff like Veigar's E

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
you don't have to edit anything to enable left-click attack move. there's a checkbox at the very bottom of the options on the Hotkeys page that is labeled something like "bind left mouse click to attack move"

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
New blue Kayn is a blast to play with the buffs to his E. Just hope you have a team that can fight for an extended amount of time near a lot of walls. The ability to get in and out of the fight from multiple angles every 5 seconds with 40% cdr is just stupid fun.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Yuumi is pretty loving fun especially in long teamfights

Meanwhile, my cats lay around doing gently caress all. I really don't think she is an accurate representation of A Cat.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 15, 2019

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
anyone feel like streaming? I've only played 2 games and wanna watch before playing more

e: doh nevermind. missed last post last page

kingcobweb posted:

Streaming goon 8-man with the following toxx clause:

BAN ANYONE WHO TAKES A UNIT FROM CAROUSEL INSTEAD OF RANDOMING

https://www.twitch.tv/kingcobweb

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
took a break from TFT to play Qiyana for the first time and it did not go well but I'll chalk that up to my 3 teammates with racist names that fed all game

anyone else try her?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Got several games of Qiyana in and boy howdy she is pretty drat fun. Glass cannon build is pretty great (lethality items) and she seems to scale really well but I haven't had as much success with a bruiser build (triforce, steraks). Her outplay potential is huge once you get used to her W's range. That being said I really wish summoner's rift had a few little bodies of water deep in the jungle for her to work with. If you're pretty far into the jungle you really only have the brush and walls to use with her W. The Q bonus damage on targets below 50% hp is pretty bonkers and I expect that will be nerfed.

Her ult's explosion going all the way around the baron and dragon pits is hilarious and surprises everyone including me at times

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Vermain posted:

I loving knew they were working on a fighter for their next game. High probability that it's the Legends of Runeterra trademark they registered not too long back.

So help an old man out here. What is the "fighting game" genre like these days? What should we expect from that being that it is Riot we're talking about?

e: dude in the video almost passed out at the news so it should be good right

isaboo fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 3, 2019

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
TFT Jayce isnt regaining mana after he ults. Is that intended?

e: I guess it's a shapeshifter thing. can't say I've ever seen Nidalee or Elise switch back to human form

the hextech trait is cool and I like Jinx and Camille

isaboo fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 15, 2019

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I haven't played TFT in a few weeks. What's the new hotness?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
not sure how I feel about this new game launcher

e: lol it keeps crashing

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
That Darius Teleport - E bug and the Fiddlesticks' Casting Dark Wind From A Bush Crashes The Game For Everybody bug are my favorites

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Not sure when it was added but Netflix has League Of Legends Origins available. It's a pretty cool history of Riot Games and LoL and the best parts are seeing casters and players 10 years younger.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
So what's the opinion on the new Omnistone rune? I totally forgot it replaced Kleptomancy so I'm currently playing Illaoi with it :downs:

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I did an oopsie and ulted as Olaf while I was reviving via GA. I guess the revive is considered a CC status effect? Still won the teamfight but boy did I feel dumb.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
DID YOU KNOW: Illaoi was Gangplank's first love

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Arabian Jesus posted:

I've been muting all for awhile now. I figure if these people had anything useful to say they wouldn't be in my elo

yeah always mute all

for extra points just block the riot chat servers in your hosts file so you never even connect to the lobby chat. do both and just pretend you're in a bot game

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Sett is pretty fun though I haven't had the chance to ult a big beefy target like cho'gath. I didn't realize he is manaless so that was a nice surprise

his autoattacks have a nice visceral feel to them sorta like Jax's empowered autos

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
it's there but toggling it does absolutely nothing on my end

also the nameplate toggle often does nothing

best online technical etc

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
reworked Wukong is pretty fun. Loving the 2x ult and the clone mimicking the ult

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Not sure I can play anything other than Fiddlesticks now just because of his voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
buffed urgot lol