Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Lovechop posted:

hey thanks for showing up to do the VO work so last minute. basically you just need to read these lines out in character, thanks

Welcome to the League of Legends Thread!
:siren: Goon Discord! https://discord.gg/DfRKdtrne3 :siren:

Previous thread
Competitive thread
Legends of Runeterra thread
Riot Forge thread
Team Fight Tactics (TFT) Thread

So, I have never played or I'm coming back again after not playing, what all has changed?

:siren::siren: CHANGES TO THE JUNGLE AGAIN! NEW ITEMS! NEW DRAGONS THAT COME IN BOTH POLLUTED ROBOT AND ROBOT FLAVORS!:siren::siren:

If you've never played, feel free to ask questions in the thread. Lots of people are very happy to assist and answer anything you might want to know. You can ask in the discord too if you'd like as well!

Check out what they've added in 2022 in further detail below:
https://www.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/news/game-updates/preseason-2022-pbe-preview/

Quick Links:
General League News
OP.GG Stat Tracking Analytics site for Platinum and higher games
Champion.gg Champion analytics with most commonly bought items, etc

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

TOKEN STUPID PICTURES AND GIFS POST

Equally Important:

https://i.imgur.com/uQk5Ywl.mp4https://i.imgur.com/lqTTFCq.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/DsL7Adm.gifv

ps Rabidsquid was and is a fuckin' legend

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 20, 2021

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I'm still bitter about how they hosed up Skarner, man.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

kingcobweb posted:

Kha also has way more early pressure than Rengar, doesn’t rely on an insanely long cooldown ultimate, and is way less likely to get executed trying to farm early. He’s probably the easiest assassin to play.

Pantheon, etc irl

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Gonna have to humbly agree with Cobweb here, Ivern was fun as hell and it felt really good to play a genuine support out of the jungle. He's absolutely hot garbage though and time is far better spent playing some kind of tank or fighter kind of dude. Or you can meet the two half way and play J4, because J4 is cool, handsome, and good.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Mikujin posted:

It's because they'll ban Janna to remove a player from the game.

In this new era of :siren: DIAMOND :siren: players a Janna ban would bring the entire stack to it's knees, man

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Despite what your fan fiction might say 5 people cannot have Janna at once

These are all not worth picking up when I have Hyena, Vandal, Base Kayn, Pug'maw, Lu Bu J4, and Kain Xin. A bit of a bummer.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

why the hell would you not take moo cow alistar

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Are there any particular favorites you have been playing? From that we can probably give suggestions.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Rammus has been popular for a while dude, especially as a counterpick to all AD teams which are still pretty common. Outside of the autists that main him for whatever reason, he's an incredibly loving boring character to play constantly.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Ornn is already falling in popularity and winrate and now it's time to nerf him again.

He deserves it.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jan 10, 2018

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

The Shortest Path posted:

This site is very useful, thanks.

Does the silver squid discord still get used for people playing this? It looks like a dead chatroom.

Yep, it does. Depending on your region you might be poo poo out of luck during some hours, but if memory serves you were on NA. Or you're the Darius Player Guy from EU, I can't remember.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Everything

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

someone post the picture of serv owning all quinn goons as pantheon

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

He's not wrong, and I like Pog. Between him and Keven and the people that emulate them the thread can become unreadable for a while really fast

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

https://na.leagueoflegends.com/us/featured/champion-reveal-swain

Full reveal info

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I dunno why but he looks really weird with long hair. I'd have figured he had just that little diamond shape going on, because now he kinda looks like marquis Vlad. That being said I won't miss the bright rear end gold and green robe. Or his purple cornrows mohawk. Or the surgical mask. Will still use Tyrant but Soviet looks great too

Looks like fun though, cant wait to try him out

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

That's going to really gently caress Pantheon up, but I guess he just ducks and moves into brush a lot like Teemo might. That's gonna suck for Annie and Malzahar in mid and it's gonna hurt a lot more for others I can't think of offhand

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 23, 2018

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

https://i.imgur.com/UAsRn0B.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/AiplQAQ.mp4

oh my god this guy is so much fun, y'all

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Holy drat I'd love that animation

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Probably but if you do it you won't hit two. Also you're a massive butthole if you do it

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

The scream animation is by far the worst but all of it is bad, goddamn

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Ivern is not useless presently, he's a totally fine and suitable pick in the jungle. He's weaker than he was several patches back where they really overcompensated his release with way too many buffs, but he's really far from Kindred tier, lol

Also, do not play him as a support, he really doesn't work anywhere but the jungle. Much like Nunu!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

A few things to keep in mind with proxy Singed. If he's farming multiple lanes he's starving his team as well.As soon as you see it, start to figure out how to last hit under tower or buy sustain/armor so you can facetank creeps yourself. In the case of Urgot, you can probably use your shield and hold a bit that way too. Also assume because it's Singed, he's going to do stupid poo poo like that at level 1 so you ward up tri and guard the bottom entrance into the jungle and you tell your team as much so you score a first blood. If that doesn't work, walk with your first spawn of creeps so you can interrupt him.

You said you played DotA, right? I'm pretty sure Axe used to do something similar so the same kind of rules apply.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 8, 2018

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Ladies and Gentlemen: A Play in Eight Acts, I give you:

Rengar

https://imgur.com/a/vvgnt

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

~fin~

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

of course its the yasuo, of course

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnsiZOJjfUg

how the gently caress is this a S goddamn minus

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Kit looks pretty cool but she looks like Quinn with cleavage and instead of a hat or a bird has butterfly wings. Kinda boring, would have been neat to have another monster champ

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Getting tired of seeing MF, Ahri, Lux and Ezreal getting skins all the loving time

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Vermain posted:

The biggest reason is that they're conceptually easy to develop skins for due to their relatively clean, simple silhouettes and uncomplicated particle effects. Taliyah's been one of the most popular midlaners worldwide since her release, but she's just getting a new skin (the SSG one, and even that's a bit up in the air) in 2018, two years after her release. The reason's because her silhouette requires those long, flowing sleeves and rock or rock-like particles to make her instantly readable as Taliyah, constricting an artist's ability to design a creative but readable skin. Someone like Lux, whose silhouette is "girl with wand" and particle effects that merely need to read as "light," is far easier to design a skin for.

No, it's very obvious why they release skins for the three anime protagonist knockoffs and the big tittied pirate lady and it's fuckin' annoying, there are like 130+ other champions they could make legendaries/ultimate skins. It can't possibly be that hard.

Also Taliyah is boring and lovely, that's like admiring Quinn's visual look for being so clean lined and identifiable and blah blah blah

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Methanar posted:

If I could make a billion dollars every time I drew a big tittied anime knock off then I'd obviously do nothing but draw big tittied anime knock offs

Well no poo poo but you are extremely boring

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Monathin posted:

it can be two things and also saying "it can't be that hard" about anything related to game development let alone a game that has some sort of constantly on component like MOBAs/MMOs prove you know gently caress And All about this poo poo

e: like seriously it does not take a rocket scientist to understand that silhouette/particle readability is a huge issue in any game in which you have a cast that is meant to have some sort of basic "easy to identify as x" visual cues like most online multiplayer games try to do

Of course it's more complicated you jackass. It cannot be that hard to conceptualize/create a skin for a champion that is not Ahri, Miss Fortune, Ezreal, or Lux. They've done it plenty of times in the past and they probably should explore other characters that are not them! It has gently caress and All to do with visual readability so much as $$$

I'm not buying "readability" and "it's hard to make particle effects" as the principle reason they're releasing Thirty Dollar Miss Fortune when it took eight loving years it took to make Beekeeper Singed

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

What the hell how does it take you nine loving minutes to load in a game in 2018

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

hey, check this out, i am going to do a skin concept for quinn. ready? patriot quinn. she is dressed up in the colours of the american flag and has an eagle. now watch me do one for taliyah. are you ready? magma taliyah. is it just an elemental version of taliyah? yes. but i do not see riot coming up with more ideas. these skins are not hard to come up with, riot is just not putting in the effort. it took me 3 minutes to come up with those ideas.

Okay I hear you, but how about we take that Quinn idea and expand on it by scrapping Quinn and going with All American Ezreal where he shoots bald eagles instead of Qs and has an Uncle Sam outfit, minus the hat. We want him to still have an easily identifiable silhouette. Oh and his E makes an eagle caw.

I think we could also refine that Taliyah idea into a second fire Ahri skin but that's just my thoughts at the moment, maybe we can discuss that idea a little later in more detail

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Mar 6, 2018

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Alright Pog I'm back, here's another skin idea: let's do a Zoey skin where she's not changed in any way shape or form but we give her a stupid name to try to force into a meme, like I dunno, Gappy. I think that has legs if we repeat it enough times

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

The Jhin changes look good enough to dust off the cowboy hat and frag idiots with spaghetti shots cross map, I can dig it

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Oh drat.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Rygar201 posted:

Yep.

Please just go AD heavy crit fam.

Does anyone have Jihn trip reports post patch? I've played him twice and it feels a lot better

He feels better but yeah he's going to die to tanks and he can't really hurt them so still not a super good pick.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

He absolutely works just fine, he just gets his rear end kicked a bit on his first clear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

really? i suppose i will have to try him out again at some point... my last memory of it was unfavourable and i have not seen much patching in his way, but perhaps with rune rework it has changed

Yeah, predator is absolutely great for him:

Build red or blue flavor smite, then build triforce starting with sheen and smash idiots. Again he's not super hot because his first clear is painful but he basically still is Hecarim, a bit snowball dependent but fun as hell.