Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Never forget Young Lizard, Defender of Buffs, Slayer of Terrible Junglers
~ RIP ????-2014 ~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/uQk5Ywl.gifv

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

Her kit barely changed, and the changes improved her. Idk what you’re missing. The slowest movespeed? The near-useless passive? Not actually being able to make a plant till level two?

I can't speak for Elentor but I think it's a little less fun now that each individual plant feels a bit less impactful. Reworked Q also still feels a bit more awkward to aim and quickly cast.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/eP4uabr.gifv

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

duck trucker posted:

I had a dream last night and riot added a new item that built out of rod and cloth amor.

A white flag that would immediately make a surrender call and make your vote Yes. If it didn't pass it would call for another surrender as soon as the cooldown for the next surrender was until the game ends.

This would be built by someone in every single game

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Alris posted:

I mean, it's ok I guess. Not sure I'd actually pick any of them up though.

give in, get the yi skin

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Alris posted:

But... but I have the legendary skins for both those characters :ohdear:

that has never stopped you before

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Sexpansion posted:

Guess the enemy toplaner and jungler that gave rise to this sad loss

Hint: Our Fiora was mid, and she picked Fiora as a counterpick to the jungle pick.

is that a jungle Yasuo

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Looks like there's a really good champ sale for the start of the new season, all half off with either RP or !!!BE!!!, 70% off (RP) as a bundle:

Zed, Sejuani, Shyvana, Riven, Leona, Vayne, Lux, Blitzcrank, Ezreal, Galio, Gangplank, Janna, Malphite, Miss Fortune, Morgana, Nasus, Rammus, Tristana, Veigar, Xin Zhao

For all the new players, pretty much every champ is either fun to play or currently in meta (or both)

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Riot posted:

Ashe's E - Hawkshot no longer procs spell shields when flying through champions out of Ashe's self-vision

too good

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Monathin posted:

Time for everyone's favorite game

Guess That Champion, ARAM Edition

Chogath

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/dgFkp3J.mp4

he also tried to stopwatch-ult earlier

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Methanar, it's really tough to get help on your own, I know this from experience!! You should really try to head over to a local mental health clinic, here's a list (you're in Alberta, right?).

You can call 1-877-303-2642 for more info or to speak with someone at any time.

If you don't feel comfortable with phone calls or face to face meetings, you can get basic counseling services through email and livechat instead.

The toughest part of getting help is taking the first step, especially if you're on your own. It might feel impossible at first, but it's worth the effort!

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

One for All with Jhin is really good :widowsnypa:

https://i.imgur.com/DCNKf5A.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/iceO73P.mp4

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

strong bird posted:

*the furry midget dude dies and flies into the sky like a deflating balloon* Amazing and believable. I love storeytelling
*a girl is pretty* Argh! My immersion!

tbf being anywhere near a pretty girl isn't very believable for the average goon

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

I would care a lot more about the grading system if it was more transparent. Give me a full score card that compares me to other people in my same tier playing the same champ, not just an overall rating that can feel entirely arbitrary without context.

CS/min: 70th percentile
Warding: 99th percentile
KDA: 61st percentile
etc

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Verviticus posted:

getting your rear end kicked and doing the thing they did is very effective

This is basically the most important thing imo, I didn't start getting good at this game until I started queuing with !!!DIAMOND GOONS!!! and lost every single lane for like 6 months straight

In particular, if there's a champ that you lose to fairly often, and they seem like total bullshit, just start playing them. Either 1) they actually are total bullshit and it's freelo or 2) you figure out fairly quickly how to destroy them in lane

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/DsL7Adm.gifv

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

The Mash posted:

One for All on murder bridge is the best gimmick gamemode

I wish they'd run that again

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I already miss the old placement of ultimate CDR in sorcery, who exactly is nimbus cloak designed for?

nimbus cloak is Swain: The Rune

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Smol posted:

When was the last time anyone here had like 50 minute nailbiter? I can’t remember a single one in recent times. :(

A group of us had one last night, I don't miss those at all :negative: We did manage to win it, though!

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Servaetes posted:

He'll be an even better jungler if anything

Yeah, I'm excited to try jungling aatrox because he looks fun but I'm too much of a weenie for top lane

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Gortarius posted:

With the lifesteal ... gone

Umbral Dash (E):

"Passive: Aatrox heals for 15/16.25/17.5/18.75/20% of physical damage he deals.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

if you're gonna quote the patch notes dont misquote them to make him sound better

I quoted exactly what I saw on surrender@20 at the time :shrug:

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Super Librarian posted:

Methanar, it's really tough to get help on your own, I know this from experience!! You should really try to head over to a local mental health clinic, here's a list (you're in Alberta, right?).

You can call 1-877-303-2642 for more info or to speak with someone at any time.

If you don't feel comfortable with phone calls or face to face meetings, you can get basic counseling services through email and livechat instead.

The toughest part of getting help is taking the first step, especially if you're on your own. It might feel impossible at first, but it's worth the effort!

All of this still applies!!

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

You could just buy tier 1/2 runes if you really wanted extremely specific pages as a new-ish player; you'd get 50+% of the stats for 10% of the price. As long as a page was roughly in the right ballpark (ie AD/arpen for physical champs, AP/mpen for magic), minmaxing with tier 3 runes didn't matter for the vast majority of the playerbase.

That being said, I'm glad they destroyed the old system.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Enigma89 posted:

Since I hit gold again the second time I am running into the same issue where the games are win one and then lose one.

Sounds like matchmaking is working as intended, 50% win rate

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

your mmr, in fact, potentially appears to be silver 1

+14 LP is probably about right

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

I'd rather play hots/dota2 than have some of the lovely gimmicks from those games copy/pasted into league

I like that the three major mobas feel unique enough that I can enjoy them all in different ways

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

If you start winning more often, that rubberbanding will vanish. You gotta prove to the system that you deserve a higher rank by improving your win rate. If you hover around 49-50%, it's not gonna let you just climb through grinding and attrition--you have to earn it.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

The matchmaking system gets more and more confident about its placement as you play more games, but that doesn't mean it's impossible to change. Since you can't seem to get above a 50% win rate, you seem to be exactly where you currently belong at the moment. If you go 15-5 in your next 20 games, you will climb because you've demonstrated that you've improved.

I'm not sure how many more people need to explain this before it sinks in.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Arcturas posted:

Speaking of which, if I think skills are lame and only want to attack and never press QWE or R, what’s the best champ to play? Caitlyn?

Yes (not mine)

https://plays.tv/video/5a7b6774c50693eb44/gods-in-her-heaven

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

all of these garbage human beings posting now who didn't post during the recent fun enigma times should get a month off

:yeah:

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

milkman dad posted:

Enough of the derail. If your could enter a hyperbolic time chamber and play 1,000 ranked games before the end of the season, with the caveat that it's a role/champion you haven't played before, what would it be?

I would probably pick up orianna because she seems like she's never weak and I got the dark star skin for free for buying rune pages last year.

I've always wanted to learn Diana, but it's a lot of work for a champ that hasn't been very good for the past like 5 years

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah maybe people should actually click the Twitter link instead of kneejerk posting.

That's all insanely hosed up, and I hope the entire management structure of Riot resigns/gets fired and raked over the coals

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

It takes way more than one fuckup to get chat restricted.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Spamming TT bot games with a bunch of jerks attempting to grind honor before the end of the season sounds like a circle of hell for the modern age

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

The old build that I miss the most is AP mid, DFG Sejuani