Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

d0grent posted:

shyvana bodies xin zhao and no one bans or picks her, and she's also not getting nerfed in 7.24. Be shyvana.

What are the best runes for her? I just went against one who farmed her jungle hilariously quick. Like she was level 10 by the time everyone was level 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

shyvana is so broken

I ban her every game. Her jungle speed is atrociously fast. She can get to lvl 6 when everyone else is like 4 or barely 5.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Is it just me or is Eve just amazing to play? If you take advantage of how your passive heal works, you can be pretty much full hp on your level 3 gank at top or mid. Or just keep trucking by getting river Harolds and rock dudes if there's nothing available.

Once you have your Protobelt and finished jungle item, you can practically one shot people with electrocute.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Verviticus posted:

lol at them nerfing ryze again

It's pretty hard to counter a complete free escape if they're quick with their fingers. It was like having a super flash for him due to how stopwatch works.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
I don't even use flash. It's the crutch of the weak.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Eve is decent too

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Radical posted:

they most certainly do have the means (bags of money) and the talent (they've hoovered up an incredible amount of designers, engineers and startup game studios over the years) but they're incredibly mismanaged. pretty much everything they take a shot at gets shut down since they're not interested in trying anything that doesn't feel like a guaranteed LoL-level success.

I get the sense the guys in charge got extremely lucky with league and now are completely out of their depth in terms of actual experience and decision making. I think some of the original interns are leads now within their studio which is pretty funny. Reading Riots glassdoor reviews are hilarious.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Also first free to play model I think. And they had free play tests via dota 1 at the time. Just grab hero abilities and randomize so you don't get sued.

Edit whoops just realized I repeated what you said.

Buckwheat Sings fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Aug 6, 2018

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
That article is pretty damning. They also listed a ton of ex rioter twitter accounts that confirm. Even a rape mightve happened? Oh geez.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
I think its revenge too. The bad actors within riot have the power to destroy careers. I can understand people not wanting to be known unless they exited the games industry.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Jesus christ riot.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Seems fitting for Riot at this point. So funny how they hate blizzard but secretly want to be them. Too bad the usual sexist bro poo poo is what's stopping them from growing via lovely leadership.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
https://t.co/BRz8I7KodB

In better news, that's pretty neat. They should make more of these and finish them. Looks better than their usual champ teaser stuff.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
When you have rich bros with alot money run things welp.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
What did Anthony Burch do? Also when will Tencent get sick of this poo poo?

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Lee sin and riot in general is out of their league. The league of legends.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Haha what a riot right guys?

Honestly though I thought PAX panels were a bunch of fans in a room asking questions that the general public doesnt care about. Are they predator dens now? I generally like the idea of female only and such but seems really poorly planned. KInda seems like a last minute decision.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Well the fact they fired someone and apparently the place is on fire internally still is news to me.

I hope Blitz becomes a permanent mode. They need to add more crazy poo poo and its replaced aram for me.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
I know you guys are like lol dead gay forums but I imagine if people on here are talking like this. Loads more are probably having similar conversations.

Its too bad riot leadership is this loving bad at this poo poo. Somehow sexist, stupid, greedy, and garbage at literally the easiest poo poo. I'm guessing they just hired all their bro buds when they lucked into this whole thing because god drat are they bad at literally everything.

Maybe when they finally put that s on the end, it'll be for a federal investigation or out of business.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Yeah that did seem pretty stupid. The other guy though, Mattius didn't seem to deserve it.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
That's an amazing breakdown and pretty accurate I bet.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
You're right I think but here's how it looks.

Riot games is a sexism nightmare in their management. Kotaku leak. Management then pivots to be the forefront of diversity. They then fire one of their guys who's pushing for it. He's also black and a very vocal member of black lives matters political group according to his twitter.

Like I dunno. It looks and reads like retards are running the show from the outside.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Then there's the other guy. The black guy that got fired from a company that stated they were going to be leaders in diversity.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
That black dude isnt Daniel and his only negative was liking Daniel's tweets.

Daniel shouldve gotten fired. Not too sure about firing mattius as well.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Leaders of diversity. Just the tip. No doesnt always mean no. Girls only. Heck maybe even rape for all we know.

What a riot.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Pretty much but they both get like 30 million a year according to the leak.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Trailers like this are usually done by places like blur studio, axis animation, digic, and sometimes even weta. The idea is to trick players into thinking it was done by riot or who ever commissioned em. Think every E3 ever.

Anyways well find out after a few weeks or months or whenever this event is over who actually did it.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
https://kotaku.com/riot-games-says-it-wants-to-clean-up-its-mess-but-the-1829013902

More crazy poo poo. This scott guy sounds like a winner.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Anyone they hire will rule towards whatever benefits the management the most since management are the ones who are paying them.

A company that rules towards employees wouldnt last long as no company would actually hire them.

Capitalism is the best.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Now you just need to rub against someone and do that and you'll fit right in.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Servaetes posted:

What we need is more dorky as hell goon segues into how :siren:CAPITALISM IS BAD:siren: instead of talking about anything else in the League of Legends thread

What's there to segue? I'm just here with popcorn enjoying the show. I mean maybe valve will have a break down at this point but Riot seems hellbent on it.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Bard is a secret adc. Raise up my brothers and join the pyke path of glory.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

I dont understand this new game mode lol

5 man yasuo and get the tornado Aug on everyone. Also the robot is a shop.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Just play a bit. Itll unlock and make sense. Riots never been good at tutorials or starting things out.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Shaco is secretly op as all hell in that mode. Especially in the urf mini game. Just spam ult, throw it at them and then spam boxes.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Eve is good in Aram due to her free passive healing and free engage after level 6. Her Q is good for snagging assist gold and farming.

Nothing really overpowered but all just solid stuff. Like Brand and company are way better but she's not a bad pick.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Yeah it's only on pbe but easy to get your account linked off of the riot website.

Wait times are like 50+ minutes for logging in, which I've never seen before. Guess this is riots game 2, heh.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
I mean all jokes aside, this is basically their game 2.

It's pretty fun provided you're willing to wait through the horrible login times.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
The only good thing about Elise, is if you win while her spiders are up, you deal more damage since there's more units on the board.

Fiora is goddamned horrible though. Even if you stack her thinking her immunity move will keep her alive, her ult attack speed is so slow that it's a liability on her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

curiousCat posted:

I think I crashed TFT by not understanding pirates

All I know is sometimes you get a fish that's worth 0 and it feels pretty stinky since pirates suck anyways.