Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

welcome to Hentai Bill's Used Post Emporium
We got lots of posts y'all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

this video is actually really outdated, I'm good at fiddlesticks now
I got a name change and now I have a skin for him (the mummy skin)

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

same.

Vermain posted:

I love League of Legends!!!

same

I've been playing battlerite and that's pretty fun too

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

you either die a gowby or you live long enough to steal money from goons to build a speed running pc

I can still see gowby posts in my dreams sometimes

I'm here!! It's me, your friend gowby!

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Does jinx have the most skins in the game yet

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Also lol that riot has literally made a 8000 year old with the body of a child

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

will the goon who played teemo support to challenger in season 3 please report to league of legends immediately.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Crazy Larry posted:

I think you're focusing way too much on single abilities for these comparisons and not the champs entire kit and the way their abilities and play style interact. Like yeah, Sivir and Ekko are superficially similar if you just look exclusively at their Q. This ignores the entire rest of their kit and the way their abilities work together, which gives them extremely different play styles and roles in a team.

That's what the guy meant about how league is like Pokémon imo. It's kinda samey until you get extremely into it. I agree that dota is better about making distinct, memorable heroes but I prefer leagues gameplay

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Irelia has easily the most terrible ult in the game, it feels completely awful to use and is super low impact

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Tales of Woe posted:

it's strong with sheen/trinity force and can be used to prime a minion wave for Sick Plays with her Q. The healing can turn duels as well. It's not flashy but pretty far from the worst in the game.

Which ult is less impactive + feels worse to use in all circumstances

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

The Mash posted:

Nunu
Rammus
Volibear
Aatrox

I'll give you rammus but the rest..you are crazy

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Reality Winner posted:

You dont need an impactful ult if the rest of you is good

This, but also trundle ult is noticeably impactful in that their tank will melt and you will be super buff

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

They really need to figure out some way to make zyra jungle viable just for thematic reasons

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Wait does zyra not have her death passive anymore????

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Servaetes posted:

I'm still bitter about how they hosed up Skarner, man.

Skarner is a bug not a man
(Me too)

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

I liked old gali0's flappy wings

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

d0grent posted:

shyvana is amazing. just stand in front of your team and dare the enemy tanks to engage you

Watchoo takin on on her rune wise

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

I feel like every time I plays shyvana nobody on my team picks any hard cc at all and then welp what do you do

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Rygar201 posted:

Lots of Heroes can do this

Champions. Idiot.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Short duration silences are cool because they interrupt combos and seriously disrupt teamfights without turning champs reliant on abilities into player controlled minions. Does Kass's Q still interrupt channeled effects?

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Shelvocke posted:

Just had the plasure of playing with this terrifying Darius main

https://i.imgur.com/OVoBmug.gifv

Flashback to Dyrus at worlds 2015

I love a good Darius!

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Lovechop posted:

[with a great sense of levity] The ultimate nut.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Enigma89 posted:

I am a hard core DotA player that started playing League because I hit my MMR goal in DotA and want to play something a bit more casual. Currently level 18 and playing with a few friends. I was curious about the build path for Draven.

It seems like ghost blade is the first item you should build but most of my friends recommend getting BF sword and then building a full item (like BT or Death dance), then a zeal item and then finishing the BF sword item. They are all pretty low level bronze players so I am a bit cautious on their advice.

First, take back what you said about league being casual

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Monathin posted:

Or, hear me out

you could play yorick, as I am going to because botlane is a cointoss rn

(seriously though, Yorick is busted and will probably only get moreso next patch)

HOw so and what do you take on him??

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Why not just play tom kench tho and be more useful and tankier than yorick?

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Quoting keven is confusing because he is really good at irony and even I, gowby, fyad poster extraordinare, can't tell when he's being serious even after I've given him friend quests in Hearthstone

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

njsykora posted:

I mean Skarner's been in the dumpster where he belongs for about 5 years so the system works.

eat my rear end fuckman

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

The one thing you NEVER want to do is call Ratigan a rat, trust. Me.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Bank of Draven is pretty fun this patch.

Klepto and Triumph for maximum gold generation, have 4 items at 22 minutes

Its like farmer's market, but there's no debt, you just buy stuff

I love going into debt to buy locally sourced fruits and vegetables at a farmer's market

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Yeah I agree with berbeticus, yasuo is cool and fun to play with and against

And when he's good I get to pull out my secret jungle yasuo technique

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Yay tomorrow I get unbanned and I can play again

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

Why were you banned Gowbo

I got into an argument about the holocaust with a support lux

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Camilles legs are really hott because I can fantasize about having sex w her and then dying and those are both things really high on my to do list

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Enigma89 posted:

I'm new to league but a hard core DotA player. Just curious what you guys think of my stats, builds and rune on Draven. I ran aery for a while but using klepto now.

Have about a 50% win rate which I think is pretty solid for never playing League before. I have a bet with a friend that if I rank into Bronze 2 he quits league and comes to DotA.

http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=Enigma89

Any tips would be recommended. I have been noticing that I have been queuing up with gold, plat and silver players so I feel like hitting Bronze 2 should be fairly easy but just doing a gut check with this post.

When I came from Dota I placed into silver 2 and got to gold really quickly, but then my skills atrophied and I never reached such heights again. Learn from my tragic tale

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Radical posted:

i think this game is pretty fun to play and usually have a good time as well

YEa! Hell yea!! FRICK yeah!!!!

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Q8ee posted:

I can comb through the yelling and pick out useful tidbits, and i've never been the type of person to mute.

drat the playstyle is so different from DOTA. I absolutely hate being a melee champ and just having the enemy ranged dudes kite me whilst I can't do poo poo against them.

why is top predominantly melee? surely going ranged top means you could just snipe the melee enemy and harass free of charge?

edit: another thing I've been meaning to ask: I look at my death recap a lot, and for games where most of the damage from enemy champs seems to be magic, I buy stuff that is magic resist, and vice versa for if it's physical damage. is this a good strat, or should I just stick to the recommended items at all times?

Ranged champs are more fragile, slower, and have less escape options generally, so they are very vulnerable to ganks in the top lane, the longest and most dangerous lane. But yeah you can usually win if you play a ranger carried top but your team will lack a beefcake which is bad.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

maybe he means the ult which still isn't hard to use

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Mikujin posted:

I think honestly the hardest part of playing Tahm Kench is hoping your allies remember what your buttons do because no one seems to understand that if I eat you and you right click like a moron you don't stay safe for like 5 seconds and instead we're both sad.

Yeah love too eat a 148 hp jungler and then he immediately jumps out and into the waiting akali scythes

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Lovechop posted:

do you have the star guardian one

There's a star guardian pantheon??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

omg star guardien pantheon :swoon: