Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Simon Numbers posted:

I got banned from the official discord for posting the hyperion wall of text

I have no idea what this is & would like to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

30.5 Days posted:

You guys are in troubleeeee

We genuinely didn't do anything, the thought was they didn't feed their guild claim and it lapsed. And we weren't going to let an opportunity like that lapse.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

30.5 Days posted:

I have no idea what this is & would like to

go back a few pages it's there somewhere.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Simon Numbers posted:

go back a few pages it's there somewhere.

Oh is this from that google doc

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

What the hell happened? Is our guild alright?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Tryhard RPers so mad they're threatening to doxx us :v:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 4, 2018

Malus
Nov 17, 2006

The dicks ain't biting
You're actually retarded if you think that the devs don't know that it was you.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Malus posted:

you bet

which is why we had like 3 guys over near an enemy claim raiding and had no idea when it happened, or that it happened to anyone else, or that it wasn't anything but one guild forgetting to pay their tribute, we thought

seriously get the gently caress out if you think we wouldn't have prepped to the max to exploit it if 1) We actually had it and 2) wanted to use it. :frogout:

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013

Malus posted:

Are you one of the morons in military gamers that our war boys left alone because it was literally the same as attacking target dummies?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
hyperion are TERRIBLE people, how could they do something so terrible! exploiting the game and taking advantage of poor everstorm... despicable

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

BEST :10bux: I EVER SPENT

Malus posted:

How does it feel to be the most autistic man on a website full of basement dwellers?

Equate
Nov 11, 2011

On a positive note, I was going through yalls' script area in discord. Some good poo poo there A+.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Agreed, though delete_all_enemy_monuments.ahk was a little bit incriminating.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.
I too was banned from the official discord for repeating something Kimsemus said.

Which in retrospect was probably the right call. Propogating a Kimsemus shitpost should be a punishable offense.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

andromache posted:

I too was banned from the official discord for repeating something Kimsemus said.

Which in retrospect was probably the right call. Propogating a Kimsemus shitpost should be a punishable offense.

:same:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Okie got :owned:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVAY91H-ACU

:captainpop:

Kimsemus fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 4, 2018

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

holy poo poo the developers are so out of touch, and it's a miracle that a game so easily broken is still alive years after the fact

this game is so bad but I really like the idea of it, it's weird

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

already gone

what was it

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Azerban posted:

already gone

what was it

The ending scene of fight club with snippets of screenshots where LiF devs are being told about the problem, they are acknowledging the problem, and saying they'll fix it. The exploding buildings are named with the guilds that got their claims deleted in last night's Incident.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVAY91H-ACU

It's fixed it looks like

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

it's because there was 1 frame of a giant cock in it you idiot lmao

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 4, 2018

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
globby did you quit forever already

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

globby did you quit forever already

no i spammed and someone deleted me, i'll come back when (if) i wanna play again

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
oh no that's just how discord loving handles kicks because its a trash gently caress program, you spammed and he kicked you to try to unfuck his client and you gotta repress the button and make someone give you fight club back

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

i already gave the powers that be access to everything, i'll come back if i wanna play again

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
I really can't stress how much relief washes over you when you're removed from the goondor discord. You guys should stop using that as a solution to problems bc I don't know who would experience that euphoria and come back.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

30.5 Days posted:

I really can't stress how much relief washes over you when you're removed from the goondor discord. You guys should stop using that as a solution to problems bc I don't know who would experience that euphoria and come back.

uh, the guy that you got in fights with is gone dude (i was working on driving him out myself but had 2 weeks away and he had skills that I hadn't had a chance to duplicate yet so he left when somebody else left instead)

also you're out of your mind if you think im not rudely correcting dumb poo poo

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 5, 2018

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

uh, the guy that you got in fights with is gone dude (i was working on driving him out myself but had 2 weeks away and he had skills that I hadn't had a chance to duplicate yet so he left when somebody else left instead)

also you're out of your mind if you think im not rudely correcting dumb poo poo

That owns but bobik says he just banned a bunch of you lol

forge
Feb 26, 2006
As the guy who gave him the exploit on a plate, over a week ago, and asked him to fix it, which was only 1 of the 2 ways to do this. I got banned.

Edit: he banned a ton of people for mystery reasons as it turns out.

This tells you one thing, there are no logs. Foozy had not logged on in over 1.5-2 weeks. I hadn't for 3-4 days. As neither of us did this, it's pretty apparent they just picked names from P2W.

forge fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jan 5, 2018

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

forge posted:

As the guy who gave him the exploit on a plate, over a week ago, and asked him to fix it, which was only 1 of the 2 ways to do this. I got banned.

Edit: he banned a ton of people for mystery reasons as it turns out.

This tells you one thing, there are no logs. Foozy had not logged on in over 1.5-2 weeks. I hadn't for 3-4 days. As neither of us did this, it's pretty apparent they just picked names from P2W.

This is backed up by the fact that he later unbanned them.

And let the forums know: I personally and glad to have mord gone and deadtear back to right this ship.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Confirming unbanned.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
This game loving owns.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

30.5 Days posted:

That owns but bobik says he just banned a bunch of you lol

by bunch it was like 3 and 2 of them were overturned within an hour

30.5 Days posted:

This game loving owns.

but yes

forge
Feb 26, 2006
After some discussion..

P2W was picked to appease the masses as the evil hackers. Even though admittedly only 2 people I know from P2W ever used a "hack" of the 15 or so which were in the guild. Foozy was banned from the assumption he was cheating and guild creator. I was banned because I was the now current Count of P2W. They didn't know that my account "leader of p2w" was me "forge" and I was one and the same. This is why me and foozy got banned and Simon, I have no idea. Simon now also unbanned, with no proof, and never affiliated with P2W. There was discussion about the fact that "Goons" got a claim on the enemy territory RIGHT after guilds were deleted. So far no one can give me any proof this occurred as goons, this is when it dawned on me. The claim they are talking about is actually the P2W claim on Hyperion. Also the only one left after the guilds got deleted. They see this claim on the only patch of trees around and assume we placed it and why P2W was targeted. Though none of this could be further from what actually happened, our P2W claim was there for at least 3 weeks. Which leads us to the following..

TLDR: P2W ate so many tickets and complaints from all of the Hyperion island guilds, and Everstorm and Co. It was assumed that since we were taking on 10+ dudes with 2-3 that we somehow were cheating. Me and Blazing were taking on 10 dudes most of the time, and when Delamore got into the mix we were fighting up to 20 with guerrilla tactics and getting kills. So we were literally too good at the game.

forge fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jan 5, 2018

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

not to mention the one time 4 of us broke into everstorm's keep, murdered nearly a dozen of them, stole all the gear, and escaped without a single fuckin' loss

forge
Feb 26, 2006
You haven't been playing, but obviously banned as the evil ring leader. Me Blazing and Justin killed a dude a week ago at the Military Gamers door and it got left open and we went for a another ride in that base. More terrible design and we were able to get out and score two more kills outside. People running to non airlock doors are the gift that keeps giving.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

forge posted:

After some discussion..

P2W was picked to appease the masses as the evil hackers. Even though admittedly only 2 people I know from P2W ever used a "hack" of the 15 or so which were in the guild. Foozy was banned from the assumption he was cheating and guild creator. I was banned because I was the now current Count of P2W. They didn't know that my account "leader of p2w" was me "forge" and I was one and the same. This is why me and foozy got banned and Simon, I have no idea. Simon now also unbanned, with no proof, and never affiliated with P2W. There was discussion about the fact that "Goons" got a claim on the enemy territory RIGHT after guilds were deleted. So far no one can give me any proof this occurred as goons, this is when it dawned on me. The claim they are talking about is actually the P2W claim on Hyperion. Also the only one left after the guilds got deleted. They see this claim on the only patch of trees around and assume we placed it and why P2W was targeted. Though none of this could be further from what actually happened, our P2W claim was there for at least 3 weeks. Which leads us to the following..

TLDR: P2W ate so many tickets and complaints from all of the Hyperion island guilds, and Everstorm and Co. It was assumed that since we were taking on 10+ dudes with 2-3 that we somehow were cheating. Me and Blazing were taking on 10 dudes most of the time, and when Delamore got into the mix we were fighting up to 20 with guerrilla tactics and getting kills. So we were literally too good at the game.

I feel like a developer, somewhere, somehow, should invent some method by which a server, I don't know...logs key information and events into some kind of readable file that can be looked at and easily checked later

hopefully someday that thing will exist. Until then, :psyduck:

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Kimsemus posted:

I feel like a developer, somewhere, somehow, should invent some method by which a server, I don't know...logs key information and events into some kind of readable file that can be looked at and easily checked later

hopefully someday that thing will exist. Until then, :psyduck:

In Murica, developers monitors their logs so poo poo like this is traceable and repairable...
In Soviet Russia, not so much...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
I dunno, it depends on the nature of the exploit. If someone is deleting database entries, they could have had access to log files too, and deleting log files is pretty common for breaking into a system.

• Locked thread