Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

OP - sweet car!

BoostCreep posted:

The working gauge cluster is :allears:

Aside from the warning display.:v: But I'd guess there's only a handful of Zs out there with one that actually works properly these days. drat thing even monitored the electrolyte level in the battery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Oh god.

Does the original stereo have plugs like these plugs? If so, order that, it's a reverse harness intended to fix this kind of PO fuckery. But they don't specifically list the 280 as an application for that, so there's a chance it may not be the right one (I checked both Scosche and Metra and couldn't find a reverse harness specific to the 280ZX :sigh:). If those are at least the right plugs, you can probably figure out what wire does what and wire it appropriately.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

That looks almost like a layer within the plastic overlay is damaged.

Sun and/or heat damage if I had to guess?

• Locked thread