Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own
This poll is closed.
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 47 24.48%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 27 14.06%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 70 36.46%
This thread loving sucks rear end and I don't think I can revitalize it on my own 48 25.00%
Total: 192 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
My Favorite Touhou is Goku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
gently caress all Nazis

in their eyeholes. Hard.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

If they purposefully made it so her face sends the audience into the uncanny valley I can kinda get that. I'm more mad about the pg13 rating than anything.

The eyes are a bit much I think. They probably could have just used CGI to touch up her face and make her look more unreal and that would have worked, but by giving her anime eyes it goes a little to far into creepy to me.

EDIT:

Wark Say posted:

Y'know what? Fine, the eyes are kinda too big, she kinda looks like one of the Frozen ladies plopped into a live-action setting and it doesn't mesh quite so well. Just... please be good.

Yeah but directing it is Robert Rodriguez who hasn't made a good film in nearly a decade.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Dec 8, 2017

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
This film is actually a sequel to the Tim Burton movie Big Eyes.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
The First one is good, the second one is still good but you can tell they kind of rushed it.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

drilldo squirt posted:

Anime has always had a weird thing about nazis. Stuff like this popping up isn't that surprising.

If I remember correctly this come from the fact that most schools in japan don't really acknowledge that their country was basically on the entirety wrong side of history from the late 1920s to 1945.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So who's everyone's favorite anime? Mines Goku.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

VostokProgram posted:

I'm on board with this point of view. Sometimes I feel like I have to prove my american-ness to other people and I know that if he were real captain america would hold me close and whisper softly into my ear: "you're a real american"

And make sweet love to you?

Yeah my fantasies go there more than I like to admit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Suicide Squad basically got by almost entirely on the popularity of Harley Quinn and The Joker. which is ironic considering that the latter was only in the film for all of five minutes.

• Locked thread