Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

ionn posted:

There are plenty of things that can be said about the Mazda B8/BP engines, but noone in their right mind would ever call it "torquey".

A couple weekends ago, we did the final 24hr race in our Mazda 323 (with the lovely BP in it). It went rather well but with a lot of short stops. Black flags for violating rules we didn't know about, electric issues, brake failures, flat tires, and one case of having to repair collision damage. The last few hours was just babying it to the finish, as we were low on brake pads and tires and the left driveshaft was making noises suggesting it was trying to disembark. But we finished, in 11th place out of 60 starting. 582 laps.

That looks great and 582 laps sounds mechanically grueling, well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I read this thread religiously when you update, I don't know whether it's the devotion to making the best possible 323 or the increasingly clever ways you do so but it's a good project, usually though I've nothing useful to say. Please keep updating?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Oh yeah, patina and exhaust rocks.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Sgt Fox posted:

The trailer is stupidly heavy. It must have been someone's side project at their work, as SC YARD is welded into it. The axle is cut down from a road trailer.

For when you need to move a load of neutronium from one end of the garden to the other