Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Wires laid flat along side each other. One zip tie around all the wires. A zip tie between each wire wrapped around the large one. There are videos all over of guys doing it. If you take your time and use matching ties, it can actually turn out looking pretty sharp.

Until some cable-spec-autist comes in and starts :goonsay: about bend radii.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

sharkytm posted:

Bend radius doesn't figure into it. The cables are left flat.

Trap sprung

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

After working on a miata of the same vintage for the last couple of weeks it's amazing to see the identical alternator, ps pump, and oil cooler on a completely different engine.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Breakfast Feud posted:

Awesome work. I'd be a little worried about getting it looked over by cops though, with the bolted together rad support. Might just be around here though, but they were huge dicks about having an intact rad support and having it welded in.

Must be a peaceful place if cops have enough time to give a poo poo about things like that.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Couldn't you have just bought the electronic speed sensor off an NB miata? Not to poo poo on nice machining(I'm a CMM programmer), mazda didn't exactly custom-engineer a lot of stuff and parts off one car seem to bolt onto a completely different model in the same year range .

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Probably all NAs are cable speedo: my '97 Miata was definitely a cable-driven speedometer, but the speedometer also fed the ECU vehicle speed for some reason I will never understand.

I know this because it threw a code when the cable seized since the previous owner greased the outside of the cable when it started making noise on the highway.

The NA miata is indeed cable driven. The speed sensor lives in the gauge cluster and is intended for the factory cruise control and automatic transmission, if so equipped. Fun fact, when the speedometer cable gets sticky and the needle starts to wobble, the cruise control does a fun delayed on/off power thing on the highway. Ask me how I know.

Sorry I misunderstood your post OP, I was under the impression you were going from cable to sensor, not verse visa.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

This kind of thread is why I keep coming back to SA. This is THE BUSINESS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

ionn posted:

There are plenty of things that can be said about the Mazda B8/BP engines, but noone in their right mind would ever call it "torquey".

Try slipping an s2000 into traffic in first gear without touching the accelerator and compare that to an NA miata with the 1.8. There, it's torquey compared to that :colbert: