Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I mean, isn't that why they charge you just to walk into the lot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The you-pull-it lots here are fully secured and charge you something like $2 just to get in, whether or not you buy anything on your way out.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Nah, they're not that hard to prime. When I had to reseal the gearbox and replace the pump on my WJ (so, mostly dry system that also drives a cooling fan), I just jacked up the front to unload the steering, filled it, cranked the wheel side to side, then started it for about two seconds. It'll make a hellish noise while it sucks down that first slug of fluid. Top it off again and let the bubbles clear, then start it up again. Repeat until it stops draining the reservoir dry, then let it idle for a while and continue slowly circulating the steering. Once it seems like it's done sucking down fluid, figure out what you need to do to get it to the ideal level (hot vs cold, add more or remove excess, etc).

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Mazda kept that up through at least the MS3 - a duct straight from the grille to the battery box.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

boxen posted:

"An AI Guide to Waterpump Replacement Step 23: Reprogramming your ECU with MS Paint"

I can't put it better than this.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sgt Fox posted:

I suspect noone who retrofits uses the antenna. I did, and my range is easily a couple hundred feet.

Hm. The Cadillac Homelink I have ziptied to the dash of my TJ didn't come with an antenna either and the range is kinda crap (though, sufficient for my needs).

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I'd say your chances are good. The Cadillac unit I have is apparently physically identical over a very long period, and the only way to easily identify which is which is the color of the indicator LED.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That looks really good.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sgt Fox posted:

The open diff shouldn't really care. Handling will be a bit more messed up, but its already not going to be great. I could always just only mount the spare on the rear to avoid diff issues. Am I overthinking this?

Yes, but I'd probably do exactly what you've already suggested - spare goes on the rear, rotate good rear in place of flat front if that's where your flat tire is. Also consider how rarely you actually use your spare on this car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Sgt Fox posted:

I'm committed now. Ain't no board like overboard...

:yeshaha:

I like where this is going.