Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
Ha ha cool.
FF is the devil I say :v:
what's up fellow 12a enthusiast and dual carb rotary person? I ran dual 40IDFs in a 13B bridgeport and had a 12A turbo completely rebuilt with new housings a long time ago, *[Steve Buscemi - how do you do fellow kids?.gif]
I've never known anyone else to run dual carbs on any rotary or care about 12As

I'm currently into the BMW thing myself (looking for a m54b30 soon), also the aussie falcon barra; but I used to get all my past girlfriends to buy the 4cyl 323s for them to own and me to have fun in. But I never wanted to work on them. FF devil and just terrible vacuum lines and emissions solenoids and poo poo. No delete option like old rotaries, no simple system like on more advanced or modern cars - so I like them but don't want to work on one.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
Think of it like bleeding brakes, but instead of pressing the brake pedal you are turning the wheels left and right.
Fill the reservoir, pull the return hose off, put the car up stands (or wheels off), manually keep turning the wheel left and right and refilling the reservoir until clean fluid coming out.
optional clean out the bucket(or get another one) and put some clean fluid in, put the hose in the fluid and keep turning the wheels until no bubbles coming out of the return. Also like brakes you can use a vacuum system .

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Dec 19, 2017

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
So is the parking brake on those a rear caliper - ie no drum? Are those the type you have to wind the pistons back when doing a pad change? I'm just wondering because I've often heard of pistons you can't just compress back when doing a pad/rotor change, but all mine have had internal drum shoes for the parking brake so I have never needed to worry. I've only heard of fiat and vw having those types of parking brakes.