Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Suburban Dad posted:

Anybody who does a motor swap and pays to details like a/c and making everything work like it were an oem vehicle is awesome in my book.

This. You're doing work beyond my time, patience, and expertise, and I'm always glad to read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Sgt Fox posted:

The same could be said about the AC install...

Eh, the AC is helpful to act as a dryer for the heater, anyway. :D

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Darchangel posted:

I have to do the opposite on my Crown Vic, so I don't kill my LSD. The donut spare (from another Panther chassis, with the same full-sized tires) is smaller rolling diameter. Mines a cop car, so actually came with a full-sized spare, but it's worn, and I wanted trunk space.

What were you doing back there, building an apartment? :v:

That front end is a thing of beauty, Fox.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Darchangel posted:

That came out sweet! Agree on the fog light placement - OEM look wins.

Spare normally goes on the shelf over the gas tank/under rear deck, and my sub box was just a skosh too wide to allow the full-size to fit, and offset the space-saver too much to use the hold down. The full-size took up too much room in the bottom of the main trunk area. The space-saver, though, fits right down in the recess at the bottom.

I haul around a lot/big stuff from time to time. I like my shed back there. Reeeeaaaally wish it had at least a ski hole in the rear seat, though, even though it could only be in the top foot or so, thanks to the gas tank hump.

Yeah, my sole regret with my vic is that lack of passthrough or sufficient roof stability for a rack so I could toss a kayak on top.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Might try hitting up https://decalgremlins.com/ for the decals. They're goon-run and could likely do you some customs without much of a fuss. GerbilNut runs it IIRC.

Did me a big war boys decal for my old work laptop with zero fuss, and it held up longer than the laptop did.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Sep 13, 2020