Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Did you keep the MX-3 seats? If they weren't too infested I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Sgt Fox posted:

Look how tiny it is. Barely fills the engine bay.

Don't forget to get a battery tie-down when you put it all back together.

Also what is that thing the ground wire is connected to, bolted between the strut top and the firewall?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Since you don't have PMs, do you have an email you're okay posting?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Oh haha I was going to send you the 92 PDF. Didn't know you already had it, sorry. The change probably occurred for the '92 model years, there were a number of changes with the refresh, including different fuel pump connector and other stuff I can't remember.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Is a solid lifter swap worthwhile (or available)?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Hah, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has broken one of those blasted things. It's a 7mm wrench IIRC which is super easy to put a bit too much force on, I guess.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
That's awesome! Wow, thank you for that work.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Haha. That's one way to do things.

Any idea if the U.S. KLDE is 15x17? I'm wondering if having a bigger table makes it easier to meet our particular emission requirements?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Makes me miss all the BG cars I ever owned (a lot) they are the best econoboxes ever.

Hell yeah

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
The Lantis had the 2.0L KF, although despite being called Familia uses a different platform. There might have been another model I can't think of, but not in North America, unless maybe the Neo had it.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

wesleywillis posted:

Was bored at work, did some searching. Apparently there were twelve.

Cropped some poo poo out but left the relevant-ness including url for posts in case anyone wants to see for themselves. I wouldn't have gone to this much trouble to fabricate all this.

I *think* there were some other posts about them in the group somewhere, which is why I'd heard about it, but thought it was a rumour (the post from "ask me" is me). This was the first that I can recall that was some sort of confirmation of it. The dude in question was known as being pretty knowledgeable about Pros back in the day, and didn't have any kind of reputation for bullshitting, lying or whatever.

I totally forgot about that, yeah. If I had the VIN I do have a copy of the electronic parts catalog and I could see what it says. I might need to find an XP computer as it's a really old version though and it need some Oracle DB software or something weird. The 323 hatch was offered with 8-valve vs 16-valve (B6-E vs B6-ME) depending on year / location sold in the U.S. Don't know about Canada. I think the 16-valve was for CARB? I haven't had a BG for 13 years but a lot of info is still at http://protegefaq.net too.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Sgt Fox posted:

I think that is the euro Mazda EPC you have? If it's the NA one, I would like it please. It does run on win10 still.

I have both a US and a Euro + JDM disc. They're 10 year old burnt media so hopefully they still work. My disc drive isn't showing up in Windows. I'll try again in the morning.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Charles posted:

I have both a US and a Euro + JDM disc. They're 10 year old burnt media so hopefully they still work. My disc drive isn't showing up in Windows. I'll try again in the morning.

I copied the files to my computer and mounted the CD images. I installed the program but it says I have to register it with Mazda or something. I don't remember what to do :-(. I think there was some kind of database server I'm supposed to install?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I was thinking about the Sockington scale of rust when the alignment guys said the toe arms are seized on my Mercedes. I think it'd be very low.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Having adjustable intermittent wipers is something that's hard to live without once you've had it, nice upgrade.

I have a Homelink dimming mirror on my 3 but it doesn't have the latest generation of the switching code system, I need to figure out the part # for the newer one. They still look identical in new cars, I just have to find out if they have the same connector.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Can't wait to see!