Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

This is a strange way to replace a waterpump, but I'm diggin it so far!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Oh thank god, I thought he'd be swapping the B6 pump over to the KLZE before installing it. Phew!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

boxen posted:

I've legit tried to pay for large parts (I don't rembember what exactly, but they would've cost under 100, maybe under 50) and I've had the clerk tell me to just take it because neither one of us have an idea what it'd be called in their system to look up a price and I was already getting other parts.

Then I've run into the super anal one who insists that the part I'm getting is a much more expensive part than it really is (insisting it's a MAF sensor when it's an evap pressure sensor.. how do you mix up a MAF and a glorified MAP sensor?), and won't let me say "if you really think it's a MAF, keep it, I'm leaving" without waving security over and trying to keep me from leaving until I threatened to call the cops. I have absolutely no remorse about pocketing small poo poo there after that.

Also the 20 questions about what specific parts you're looking for, so they can print a list of what fits and what cars will have it. I've already looked up the car inventory/locations of stuff I'm interested in online before I got there, every time, and I'm usually looking for parts for multiple cars. Just let me pay the admission fee and stop holding up the line. :argh:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Just catching up on this thread, but holy poo poo, amazing work all the way around, but especially in the reverse-engineering.

Sgt Fox posted:

Not sure yet. I haven't figured out why the factory air pickup tube was in the fender. I don't see a lot of air ducting for it, I might have to think up something for that.

Nthing the "cooler air" part, but it's also to help quiet down intake noises. Every EFI car I've owned had the factory air intake in the fender and/or behind the bumper.

It'd be great if you could still keep it pulling cold air from outside, it would really help on hot days. That short ram is going to hurt you on hot days... (but it'll sound a lot better!)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Outside of the ECM, the AC stuff is the most interesting to me. Why? I'd like to play Hondalegos again with some 80s and early 90s Civics at some point, and it gets cramped in a hurry under the hood when you toss in an H or K series and a turbo - it's nice to see how people retain it with cramped builds. A/C is a must have for me, second only behind a running engine.

Like everyone else, I don't have anything to add beyond fistbumps.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

LED pucks that can be hung and have a cord?

Got a link for those, or did you fabricobble them out of regular pucks? If those are commercially available, I'm ready. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

72000 lumens :catstare:

Between the lights and exhaust fan, your neighbors are gonna think you're growing stuff in there :v: