Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Aston posted:

Is Axiom Verge any good?

I was disappointed by it immensely. The movement is kinda junky and the bosses have a billion health and are super boring, instead of doing a puzzle to get a Missile Pack you get heart piece style upgrades where you get 1/5th of a weapon upgrade which is annoying. And there's like 15 weapon types for some reason that feel very haphazard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

If I made bad budget decisions and can only get one this holiday sale, should I go for Persona 5 or Yakuza 0? I’m leaning towards Yakuza but need Imp guidance.

I would go with Persona 5 but Yakuza 0 is a good choice too

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Aston posted:

Is Axiom Verge any good?

the aesthetic is really cool and the story is fun but it's the only game i've played where every movement upgrade makes the game less fun to play

also what in training said

play ori or hollow knight or environmental station alpha instead

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i already got dragon's dogma for the pc, and i'm going to try don't starve as a time killer laptop game, and i think that might be it for me

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

i already got dragon's dogma for the pc, and i'm going to try don't starve as a time killer laptop game, and i think that might be it for me

I like don't starve. It reminds me of playing wc3 troll tribe custom maps

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

If I made bad budget decisions and can only get one this holiday sale, should I go for Persona 5 or Yakuza 0? I’m leaning towards Yakuza but need Imp guidance.

That's a really tough choice because those are two of the best games ever. I'm a huge Yakuza fan and 0 is far and away the best in the series. I always loved everything in Yakuza but was lukewarm on the fighting and the main plots, and both are finally really good in 0. But I'm about halfway through Persona 5 right now and I think I enjoy it a little bit more. You can't go wrong.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Bloodborne isn't on sale so I don't give a crap or a poo poo about any of this. gently caress off.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i thought it was 15 bucks?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wrong thread

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
huh, don't starve is a lot harder than other games in the genre

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Already have my tent st up outside Best Buy. Really want snipperclips for 45 dollars

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Aston posted:

Is Axiom Verge any good?

it isnt. pick up hollowknight/ori/guacamelee

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

"No dude I just like cute things." -- Actual In Training quote, United States vs In Training, Jan. 2018

lmao

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
First time I’ve ever seen Persona 5 discounted. Not even amazon have discounted it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Wormskull posted:

"No dude I just like cute things." -- Actual In Training quote, United States vs In Training, Jan. 2018

lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Wormskull posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the mega trackmania game is on sale but i wonder if people still play it and i can still find servers with people playing hosed up smells like teen spirit remixes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There are always the same 30 people playing trackmania

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

extremebuff posted:

the mega trackmania game is on sale but i wonder if people still play it and i can still find servers with people playing hosed up smells like teen spirit remixes

depends
on both Trackmania United Forever and in TM2 the most popular environ Stadium is still heavily populated

no idea about the other environs since i only have the free TMUF version, TMN which only has stadium, and TM2 stadium.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

think im gonna grab it cause even without a community i love a nice simple racer w/ an emphasis on crazy course design and speedruns. i played stadium and the tracks reminded me a lot of f-zero

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
trackmania is the unholy mix of fzero, sonic and realistic physics ive dreamed of as a child and im glad i got to experience it when i did

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
now they just need to mix vanquish in there somehow

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ArfJason posted:

trackmania is the unholy mix of fzero, sonic and realistic physics ive dreamed of as a child and im glad i got to experience it when i did

its great and im excited to try out all the new tilesets, its also a drat pretty game

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

sector_corrector posted:

i thought it was 15 bucks?

That's not good enough. I want to buy it for five dollars

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

That's not good enough. I want to buy it for five dollars

its worth 300 dollars

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i would like to read more of wormskulls summaries of posters

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

extremebuff posted:

its worth 300 dollars

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Can't believe the dinosaur sucking off two dicks guy has bad taste in gaming.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Don’t be too hard on yourself lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Liquid Drink posted:

Lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i bought satellite reign and alien shooter 2 using some of the ill gotten steam wallet money i got from gunky junket like 2 years ago for probating the byob guy

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Liquid Drink posted:

*spitting the dicks out* What did you say to me

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

trying to jack off posted:

i bought satellite reign and alien shooter 2 using some of the ill gotten steam wallet money i got from gunky junket like 2 years ago for probating the byob guy

how is satellite reign? i got it in a humble bundle, but it didn't click right away. i'd be interested in giving it another try, though.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

how is satellite reign? i got it in a humble bundle, but it didn't click right away. i'd be interested in giving it another try, though.

i havent played it yet, instead i started up a game of clive barkers undying which is also on sale

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Liquid Drink posted:

Lmao rack em

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Liquid Drink posted:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
don't starve is fun

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

mirrors edge catalyst is prob worth 5 bucks on psn despite its issues.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

He's actually the She Wants The Doge guy now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

extremebuff posted:

it isnt. pick up hollowknight/ori/guacamelee

Already have these but I’ll probably pick up environmental station alpha from pleading fungus’s recommendation

• Locked thread