Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Aleister Black needs to invest in some higher quality menswear.

I like to think that he bought the shirt with the sleeves split like that to show off his tatts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That line from the Ciampa/Regal segment where Regal said "This time, you're gonna have to Do It Yourself" was loving perfect.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Gaz-L posted:

That line from the Ciampa/Regal segment where Regal said "This time, you're gonna have to Do It Yourself" was loving perfect.

I just wanted Ciampa to just go hey wait a second as regal walked off.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gaz-L posted:

Regal had another great line when Dream showed up and said "You're looking well" and responded "I know." The expression on his face was perfect.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Regal looks pretty rough for his age and it makes me kind of sad

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Montez Ford is incredible. Can he promo ? If so I’d have to think he’d already be in Enzo’s spot on the main roster

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
The NXT conference call was a bit earlier, here are a few notable points from it.

- Triple H is open to working with other companies apparently, provided they don't give the fans a negative experience.

- He stated that in terms of some talent being left off of cards/takeovers (ex: Kairi Sane, Iconic Duo, etc), he prefers quality over quantity, and doesn't want to shove people into matches just so they can appear on the card. He would rather add another event than expand a Takeover to run longer, if it ever became a problem.

- In terms of who he sees as the future of NXT, the two most prominent names were Adam Cole for the males, and Shayna Baszler for the females.

- Speaking of Shayna, he brought up that with the signing of Shayna and Ronda, there has been an increase of MMA fighters (both male and female) wanting to join WWE.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

- Triple H is open to working with other companies apparently, provided they don't give the fans a negative experience.

Does that mean NXT will be cutting ties with the main roster?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/JustinLaBar/status/979774732152209410

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

the_american_dream posted:

I genuinely don't know specifically there's more to that situation, unfortunately. Will remain on as a TV character but he will travel a lot less going forward and will take a step back in his IRL/office role.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

the_american_dream posted:

Based on Regal's past lifestyle, this is what top scientists all agree he SHOULD look like:

So all things considered, he's looking pretty good!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This made me google how old he is and drat, he looks about 15 years older then he is.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

This made me google how old he is and drat, he looks about 15 years older then he is.

To really gently caress with you though, 15 years ago he looked 15 years older than he does today!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/980565626665103360

The injury actually happened March 4th.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

We know that Trevor.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I actually knew about it BEFORE he injured the knee :smug:
hides tire iron

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Oney rules

https://twitter.com/_StarDESTROYER/status/980880258781073408

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
A ton of NXT stuff was announced for Axxess. Tournaments galore.

quote:

WrestleMania Axxess to feature four invitational tournaments, PROGRESS and EVOLVE Wrestling action and more

For the first time ever at WrestleMania Axxess, multiple tournaments will be held, each with major championship implications. Featured tourneys include the WWE United Kingdom Championship Invitational, the NXT North American Invitational, the NXT Tag Team Invitational and the NXT Women’s Invitational.

The four tournaments will take place beginning Thursday night during Axxess Day 1 and culminate during Axxess Day 4 with the tournament winners facing their respective champions in title matches.

In addition, Axxess will feature competitors in action from WWE NXT, WWE 205 Live, the United Kingdom Championship Tournament, the Mae Young Classic, as well as PROGRESS and EVOLVE Wrestling.

Currently, the action for the four days of WrestleMania Axxess has been scheduled as follows:

Axxess - Day 1
Thursday, 6 p.m.

WWE U.K. Championship Invitational First Round

Lio Rush vs. Buddy Murphy
Dan Matha vs. Drew Gulak

NXT North American Invitational First Round

Fabian Aichner vs. Jason Kincaid
Akira Tozawa vs. Kona Reeves

NXT Tag Team Invitational First Round

Moustache Mountain vs. Tino Sabbatelli & Riddick Moss
Street Profits vs. Cezar Bononi & Adrian Jaoude

NXT Women’s Invitational First Round

Nikki Cross vs. Aliyah
Kairi Sane vs. Bianca Belair

In addition, the session will feature a WWN Championship Match between titleholder Keith Lee and NXT’s Kassius Ohno as well as action featuring 205 Live Superstars TJP, Kalisto, Gentleman Jack Gallagher and Buddy Murphy, Superstars from the Mae Young Classic, and much more!

Axxess Day 2
Friday, 5 p.m.

WWE U.K. Championship Invitational First Round

Lince Dorado vs. Raul Mendoza
Mark Andrews vs. Zack Gibson

NXT North American Invitational First Round

Chris Dijak vs. Ariya Daivari
Hideo Itami vs. Wolfgang

NXT Tag Team Invitational First Round

SAnitY vs. Forgotten Sons
TM61 vs. Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch

NXT Women’s Invitational First Round

Dakota Kai vs. Lacey Evans
Candice LeRae vs. Peyton Royce

In addition, the session will include matches featuring Superstars from NXT, the Mae Young Classic, PROGRESS and much more!

Axxess Day 3, Session 1
Saturday, 8 a.m.

Day 3, Session 1 will include semifinal matches from the WWE U.K. Championship Invitational, the NXT North American Invitational, the NXT Tag Team Invitational and the NXT Women’s invitational.

In addition, the session will include matches featuring Superstars from NXT, the WWE U.K. Championship Tournament, the Mae Young Classic and much more!

Axxess Day 3, Session 2
Saturday, 1 p.m.

Day 3, Session 2 will include the NXT North American Invitation Finals, the United Kingdom Championship Invitational Semifinals, an EVOLVE Tag Team Championship Match, as well as matches featuring Superstars from 205 Live, NXT, the Mae Young Classic and much more!

Axxess Day 3, Session 3
Saturday, 6 p.m.

Day 3, Session 3 will include the U.K. Championship Invitational Finals, the NXT Tag Team Invitational Finals and the NXT Women’s Invitational Finals, as well as NXT’s Kassius Ohno vs. PROGRESS’ Walter.

In addition, the session will include matches featuring 205 Live’s TJP, Kalisto and Gran Metalik, Superstars from NXT and the Mae Young Classic, and much more!

Axxess Day 4
Sunday, 8 a.m.

Day 4 will include the following championship matches:

WWE U.K. Champion Pete Dunne vs. U.K. Championship Invitational winner
NXT North American Champion vs. NXT North American Invitational winner (First-ever title defense!)
NXT Tag Team Champions vs. NXT Tag Team Invitational winners

In addition, the session will feature a WWN Championship Match, a PROGRESS Women’s Championship Match, a PROGRESS Championship. Match, a PROGRESS Tag Team Championship match and much more!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is Keith Lee gonna murder Steve Cutler on these shows?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Wonder if the winner of the NXT Women's Invitational will be facing the Progress Women's Champion (Toni Storm) for the title? That's the only match that makes sense considering the NXT Women's Title isn't on the line on Sunday at all.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I actually knew about it BEFORE he injured the knee :smug:
hides tire iron

Why do you got that tire orn.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
With the UK title being turned into a generic mid-card title, creating another mid-card title makes even less sense...

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
An EVOLVE Tag Team Championship Match means Jaka and Chris Dickenson will be working Axxess.

There are strong rumours of Jinny vs Toni Storm on the 4th Day.

Dan Matha replaced an injured over the weekend Jordan Devlin:

https://twitter.com/Jordan_Devlin1/status/980429714782375937

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Sucks for Jordan but at least Martina isn't around to try and help him recover

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Mob posted:

Sucks for Jordan but at least Martina isn't around to try and help him recover

A super nice and talented guy with the worst luck.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I went to OTT this weekend and thought Devlin is alright, but the vibe I got from people I talked to is "he's ok, if a bit dull, but the import killer and hometown face gimmick works incredibly well here." I don't know if he has any personality that would work in nxt and reckon he should focus on Japan or something instead tbh

The evolve poo poo is loving wild and amazing and I hope those are fun matches for the live crowd. FWIW, I'll be afk this weekend continuing my Europe trip in London, so hopefully someone else can make the Takeover thread come Saturday :)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

laughing at the idea of Jason Kincaid in nxt tho tbh

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I went to a live show he was at and my friend turned to me and said "This guy makes me very uncomfortable"

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

abraham linksys posted:

I went to OTT this weekend and thought Devlin is alright, but the vibe I got from people I talked to is "he's ok, if a bit dull, but the import killer and hometown face gimmick works incredibly well here." I don't know if he has any personality that would work in nxt and reckon he should focus on Japan or something instead tbh

The evolve poo poo is loving wild and amazing and I hope those are fun matches for the live crowd. FWIW, I'll be afk this weekend continuing my Europe trip in London, so hopefully someone else can make the Takeover thread come Saturday :)

Ack, I forgot you were there, I should have said hi or sought you out. I was the greybeard in the front row fwiw.

He's a lovely lovely dude, the import killer and hometown face thing helps him, but he can display a lot more character in the ring than he's really gotten the opportunity for. I don't think badass killer suits him so much as cheery dude. He alays seems like he's inclined to smile.

He had a great match with Tyler Bate, where it started off scientific and went a bit meanspirited at the end, that was the start of the fans taking him seriously.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

RealFoxy posted:

I went to a live show he was at and my friend turned to me and said "This guy makes me very uncomfortable"
He's got a very boxy head that just seems weird on his body, great wrestler though

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Von Linus posted:

Ack, I forgot you were there, I should have said hi or sought you out. I was the greybeard in the front row fwiw.

no worries! i ended up hanging out with some locals who were happy to explain the angles to me, haha. this is obviously kinda off-topic for this thread but both shows that weekend were an absolute blast, and I was particularly impressed by the local women - wouldn't be shocked if some of them end up in NXT, in addition to heading off to Stardom and whatnot

and yeah, your take on Devlin makes sense - after the women's show Sunday, they taped some little thing by the merch tables where he chatted with Martina and he was just all smiles and seemed even more charming than smiley Finn. I think he wouldn't have a space in NXT right now, but could see him showing up on the WWE UK show (that will probably never actually launch), and if he got some kind of edge to him he could eventually do well in WWE I think

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
EC3's full theme went up on Youtube and it's absolute killer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na3y2TIY6r8

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I really want EC3 to wrestle Hiroshi Tanahashi, weirdly. It seems like an easy thing to promote: The one-percenter vs the 1/100 Ace.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJUH-hUk-u0

No mas tranquilo? :ohdear:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Black/Almas is going to be rad as hell

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Rarity posted:

They should've just given him the Moss & Sabbatelli theme since that's superior and deserves a much better person.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rarity posted:

Really? I mean nothing will ever match "troubletroubletroubletroubletroubletrouble" but that seems not very good?

Maybe its better in action?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

Really? I mean nothing will ever match "troubletroubletroubletroubletroubletrouble" but that seems not very good?

Maybe its better in action?

Works as a wrestling theme IMO.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Works as a wrestling theme IMO.

Well there's maybe like 1% of original wrestling themes that are listenable outside of wrestling.

But that's what I mean, maybe it works better timed with his entrance and video and lights and crowd noise and whatever. His TNA theme benefited huge from that.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Set for next week's NXT:

https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/981694790533136384

Also Lacey Evans's gimmick is loving terrible. Thanks for reading my bad opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Don't worry they're migrating her to some tied up t-shirt and daisy dukes redneck gimmick.

• Locked thread