Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I decided to make this thread so that fellow GAF members would have the tools necessary to deal with the kind of people that everyone knows: The deplorables.

I'm gonna first preface this by saying that the method I am going to disclose is not meant for ALL Trump voters, but specifically the kind of deplorables who treat talk radio as gospel, constantly hate on all kinds of minorities, and when confronted with facts will almost always rely on conspiracy theories about how everything is supposedly rigged against them. This is NOT a method to be used for those that may be ignorant or misinformed but truly are open to learning new information. 

In fact this method is not even about changing the view points of deplorables, but is instead a method for the sole purpose of getting deplorables to shut the gently caress up about their bigoted views so that you can at least enjoy a decent meal. Others posting in this thread are certainly welcome to post their own methods.

So with that disclaimer brought up, I will now explain what I call the Nuclear Political Discussion Option:

One of the core tenants of liberalism is sensitivity is inclusiveness and tolerance, and it shows in how we usually discuss politics. We try to reason and empathize with the other side and it often can help but other times it can be to a detriment.

So instead of dealing with deplorables with empathy and reasoning, my method is about making deplorables feel like poo poo.

Now it won't have its impact of you go straight to this option, but the idea is that you give the deplorable or deplorables warnings that you are holding back a nastiness and if they don't back off they will feel that verbal wrath. Once you are actually starting the method, you basically talk to them in ways that prove that political correctness isn't just a one way road.

The following are examples of phrases that are part of this tactic:

- "Dumbass conspiracy theories" "here we go again with the dumbass conspiracy theories" "since you rely on dumbass conspiracy theories so much are you gonna next tell me about UFOs"

- "man you seem really TRIGGERED by black and brown people" "do you need a safe space from all the Muslims you loving pussy?" "America is not your safe space from minorities you loving dipshit"

- "oh here we go again with Benghazi. Are you gonna cry like that bitch Pattt Smith?"

- "Oh I'm sorry I can't hear you when you have Trump's dick in your mouth"

- "You sound like a loving wuss if you can't handle a black guy taking a seat during the anthem."

- "Here let me pour one out for those POOR OL' PERSECUTED CONSERVATIVES" (then literally pour your drink onto the floor mockingly)

- calling them "white trash" or otherwise bringing up the fact that they are white in insensitive ways. "Man you are whiter than my pair of New Balance" "well of course you think that, you're loving white" "no, the sheep are Trump supporters; you can tell because they are white"

- When they call out your insensitivity, respond with "No I am just being politically incorrect, you loving dumb hypocrite."

- Constantly ending your sentences with "dumbass", "dipshit", "loving idiot", and similar insults. These are little stings that will get under their skin.

- Bringing up anything personal about them in an insulting way that would have political context.

And that's just off the top of my head. If people want I can post more examples.

Frequently/Inevitably Asked Questions:

1) This sounds like you are saying to be an rear end in a top hat? 

- Yes that is the point. Deplorables are used to having liberals trying to reason with them, so pushing back hard will throw them off because they won't be used to such visceral language coming from the liberal side.

2) What if the deplorable or deplorables get physically violent?

- Always be prepared to defend yourself in any situation anyway. I'm not going to post what is okay for all 50 states, but I encourage that before thanksgiving you look up how you are legally allowed to defend yourself.

EDIT: Just to be clear I am not advocating for violence and I do not condone violence. I am merely stating that if THEY assault you then you need to be prepared to defend yourself.

3) Why should I do this when it seems like it will never actually change their viewpoints?

- This Nuclear Option is not meant to change their viewpoints. It is meant to make the opposition feel uncomfortable openly speaking their bigotry.

4) Have you actually tried this method?

- Yes, both on social media and in real life. And for its stated purposes it works incredibly well, mainly because, as I said, it's not something that deplorables are used to hearing from liberals.

5) I noticed your examples have a lot of swearing and insults. Is that on purpose?

- Yes it is on purpose. It drives home the idea that you have no respect for deplorables, which is essential if you are to successfully make a deplorable feel uncomfortable speaking politics around you.

6) Why are you making this thread in the first place?

- Because I have seen post after post of GAF members dealing with deplorables and getting frustrated that they can't reason with the deplorables, so I figured I should make a thread so that they have some important tools to help make thanksgiving a more enjoyable meal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread