Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
All of the Democratic candidates had Binks qualities if you think about it.

Chafee: Lanky, ridiculous, outcast
Webb: Killed people in a war
Hillary: Widely despised, prone to comical pratfalls, accidentally handed the Republic over to an evil guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I always figured it was at least a little ironic because even the worst Hillarymen would admit that the abuela thing was embarrassing at the time.
bullshit. the hillary diehards spent so much time and energy trying to convince america that she was the coolest candidate ever by doing stuff like this

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
It’s a good smilie OP

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

lowtax should really make a new section of the emote page for all the failed presidential candidate emojis

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Condiv posted:

was hillary the jar jar binks of presidential candidates? and if she wasn't, who was?

she was the count dookie

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
:abuela:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

get that OUT of my face posted:

bullshit. the hillary diehards spent so much time and energy trying to convince america that she was the coolest candidate ever by doing stuff like this

The d&d Trump thread regulars called her Iron Abuela with zero irony.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

WampaLord posted:

it's good and true

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

was it done ironically or unironically?

it was unironic

primary days were...very different

more insufferably smugness rather than jokes so with all the bernie emotes, they added that and bernout to "own" the perfidious bernard brothers

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I always figured it was at least a little ironic because even the worst Hillarymen would admit that the abuela thing was embarrassing at the time.

no this is wrong, you throw in your interpretive take around, you do this a lot~ they fully owned up to it out of sheer spite and smugness 100%

and what actually happened was that hillarymen were doing victory laps with :abuela: constantly that even i started using :abuela: ironically with photoshops of hellfire missiles shooting out of her mouth as she cackles

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

got any sevens posted:

she was the count dookie

:discourse:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

WampaLord posted:

:stonk:

i know that d&d is a hivemind of establishment dem thought and long had a mod team that reflected that (cough cough Evilweasel), but i had no idea that they drank the kool aid with such gusto. i take that they took every single lame, cringeworthy attempt of hillary trying desperately to be cool as a "yas slay queen" moment too?

Lastgirl posted:

it was unironic

primary days were...very different

more insufferably smugness rather than jokes
so not at all different from d&d over the last 10 years. that place and cined are the least worthwhile places to troll because the payoff is so underwhelming

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 03:58 on Nov 27, 2017

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

WampaLord posted:

cspam needs nukes to deal with the d&d menace

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

exmarx posted:

wall street, op.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

i know that d&d is a hivemind of establishment dem thought and long had a mod team that reflected that (cough cough Evilweasel), but i had no idea that they drank the kool aid with such gusto. i take that they took every single lame, cringeworthy attempt of hillary trying desperately to be cool as a "yas slay queen" moment too?

They were all insufferably smug during the DNC and the post-DNC poll bounce. To confess, I was one of them but quickly converted after November 9th, but the vast majority of them have doubled down on centrism and it's very sad to see.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

you gotta be really broken or craven to think that comparing somebody to margaret thatcher can be interpreted as a positive

WampaLord posted:

They were all insufferably smug during the DNC and the post-DNC poll bounce. To confess, I was one of them but quickly converted after November 9th, but the vast majority of them have doubled down on centrism and it's very sad to see.
instead of continuing to post there and exposing yourself to such dipshittery, consider posting here and making fun of it

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 05:54 on Nov 27, 2017

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

instead of continuing to post there and exposing yourself to such dipshittery, consider posting here and making fun of it

I do like it here, but something keeps dragging me back there. A dark impulse, one I must crush.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
:abuela: :burger:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

so not at all different from d&d over the last 10 years. that place and cined are the least worthwhile places to troll because the payoff is so underwhelming

steven spielberg on james cameron's avatar:] Thank god for C-Spam

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I haven't read D&D in a long time and I feel vindicated for abandoning it. :lol: at Iron Abuela.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i have no idea why i put up with that place for so long

WampaLord posted:

I do like it here, but something keeps dragging me back there. A dark impulse, one I must crush.
feel free to come here and bitch about em here, the door is always open

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

i have no idea why i put up with that place for so long

feel free to come here and bitch about em here, the door is always open

don't do this

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

we must stand vigilant against the barbarous hordes of dnd that assail our gates! hail C-SPAM! hail victory!

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Best Giraffe posted:

we must stand vigilant against the barbarous hordes of dnd that assail our gates! hail C-SPAM! hail victory!

Ceterum autem censeo D&D delendam esse

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Goldman Sachs

Oh wait you meant the smiley

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting

the bitcoin of weed posted:

this is erasure of just how loving awful and stupid the worst hillarymen were
One of them became a very insecure mod so I would start the hunt there.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Its almost 2018 and they still cant admit anything, let alone something important like their smilie is terrible.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

FRINGE posted:

Its almost 2018 and they still cant admit anything, let alone something important like their smilie is terrible.

wow don’t so blatantly subtweet logicv9, just quote him like a man

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
welcome back, fringe. I had wondered where you went

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

etalian posted:

the most qualified experienced smilie in SA history

it’s the smilies turn

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

FRINGE posted:

tattooing a list of mod crimes against the bernie men onto my forearms, so i will never forget

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

rudatron posted:

it's almost impossible to tell if :abuela: was bought sincerely or ironically, which is imo the best thing about it

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

rudatron posted:

it's almost impossible to tell if :abuela: was bought sincerely or ironically, which is imo the best thing about it

the purchaser will determine their position after extensive polling in key states (which do not include michigan, pa, or wisconsin)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
@septapus hugemoji :abuela:

• Locked thread