Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Hey folks post about farm game Stardew Valley in here. Theres suppsoed to be a PC beta of the multiplayer patch before the end of the year.

Post your farm pics and storys!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Should I wait until then before getting a copy of the game? (never played Harvest Moon or the others before)

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Bell_ posted:

Should I wait until then before getting a copy of the game? (never played Harvest Moon or the others before)

No its a great game already. There's different farm layouts you can choose so there's pretty good replayability.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

are the pc mods good enough to warrant getting the pc version over the switch? i would have to play it on my work laptop because i’m too poor to own a computer.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

GameCube posted:

are the pc mods good enough to warrant getting the pc version over the switch? i would have to play it on my work laptop because i’m too poor to own a computer.

I haven't played on PC but I just picked it up and I'm loving it on Switch. Just starting my first Winter, got a kitchen built, some cows, some chickens, made it to the bottom of the mine, tools are all silver :cool: feeling pretty good

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The only mod on pc that doesn't completely break and ruin the games progression is the npc map mod. I'd strongly suggest buying on whatever platform you use most

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Yeah Ive never used a mod on PC and I don't feel the need to. I'll probably buy it on switch when I get one for some bedtime farming

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bell_ posted:

I like it a lot, but it is easy to burn out, so if you do a playthrough before the new poo poo you might not feel like doing another immediately after.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

switch version is best imo, stardew makes for some epic comfy gaming

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Yeah Ive never used a mod on PC and I don't feel the need to. I'll probably buy it on switch when I get one for some bedtime farming
I messed with the fishing a little, I think.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

stardew Valley is a great game

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Does the switch version still have bugs in the refrigerator etc

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

P-Mack posted:

Does the switch version still have bugs in the refrigerator etc

Yeah their patch is still working its way through Nintendo. They said it was submitted a few weeks ago so it should be anytime now.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Here's a lategame img of my pig farm:

The other side at night feels:

I filled the center aisle with tree saplings going down to the lake at the south. I stopped playing around this time but what a drat fine game

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This was my setup before I randomly quit playing like a year ago. I actually reinstalled the game to take these pictures and the winter music with the huge booming synths kicked in and now I just wanna sit down and play for another 500 hours.

I went supernerd and designed my perfect greenhouse setup in photoshop before I learned that honey doesn't actually produce in a greenhouse. Oh well, it still looks nice.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

There's a mapping tool you can use online to check if things will fit btw. You could also just plan your entire farm with it like an insane person. I can't remember the name of it but I'm sure you can find it

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

my farm isn't nearly as nice looking as those but it's still functional. I'm kind of tired of milking goats and cows everyday, I might switch to all pigs

between the switch and pc versions I have over 100 hrs in

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

my starfruit vineyard farm

three sheds, 2 filled with kegs and 1 with pickle/jam makers

61 wines....

where the magic happens year round

where the magic happens during summer. I have 10 iridium sprinklers spread about the riverside farm

and here's my big payout, I'm just waiting for it all to be done before I turn it in.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I wish fermenting didn't take 2 months. I have like 2000 beers/wines just waiting

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

my farm isn't nearly as nice looking as those but it's still functional. I'm kind of tired of milking goats and cows everyday, I might switch to all pigs

between the switch and pc versions I have over 100 hrs in

Yeah once goat cheese stopped being worth the time i sold all my coop animals and goats and went full pig. I just make sure they're fed & happy, let them out into the field during the day and pick up like 15 truffles at night. Way more efficient when you can afford the pigs

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The music in the little hidden forest area is so good. I'm gonna get a lot of fishing done

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Excellent farms all

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
thank you for posting this thread right when i got back on the wagon. my farm is currently not worth posting pics of as i just started and it is 15 parsnips, 3 bean trellis', and 5 potatoes, all several days from Producing. i love this game

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Your farm will never be worth posting pic's of , becausE your a retard lmfao. gently caress you BIT%CH!

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Wormskull posted:

Your farm will never be worth posting pic's of , becausE your a retard lmfao. gently caress you BIT%CH!

Ollloll

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Wormskull posted:

Please stop drinking so much

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

thx for the Mod Opinions. switch it is, i suppose.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

rediscover posted:

Please stop drinking so much

Please stop breathing so much

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

There's a mapping tool you can use online to check if things will fit btw. You could also just plan your entire farm with it like an insane person. I can't remember the name of it but I'm sure you can find it

oh yeah thanks for remind me.

its here: https://stardew.info/

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

What do I do with the skull key? I want more mines !!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

What do I do with the skull key? I want more mines !!

fix the bus first

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

HORMELCHILI posted:

Please stop breathing so much

Leave it in the tryouts thread please

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Oh, where you live?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

HORMELCHILI posted:

Oh, where you live?

You're better than this

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

There’s one mod I like where time pauses indoors like harvest moon does.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bought this on switch again. Going to dive in tonight and probably lose 6 hours or whatever.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

In Training posted:

I bought this on switch again. Going to dive in tonight and probably lose 6 hours or whatever.

How are the controls on a controller? I feel like it would be awkward playing that way

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

rediscover posted:

You're better than this

hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

rediscover posted:

How are the controls on a controller? I feel like it would be awkward playing that way

They're fine, it's more like harvest moon

• Locked thread