Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah you do everything with analog stick + A for interact, Y for use your tool. The L/R buttons scroll through your assigned items. I chose the river layout, did the forest one last time. I like the idea of having islands of crops, it looks cool. I also forgot how humble your beginnings are...I look forward to creating my monopoly. Also I wanna make this place a fish farm just because I have the water, why not. I wish you could do stuff more elaborate than just the traps for water farming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I'm getting the Switch version as soon as the patch goes through cause this game is Switchy as hell.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

In Training posted:

Yeah you do everything with analog stick + A for interact, Y for use your tool. The L/R buttons scroll through your assigned items. I chose the river layout, did the forest one last time. I like the idea of having islands of crops, it looks cool. I also forgot how humble your beginnings are...I look forward to creating my monopoly. Also I wanna make this place a fish farm just because I have the water, why not. I wish you could do stuff more elaborate than just the traps for water farming

You gotta get the 5 legendary fish and display them somewhere

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

You gotta get the 5 legendary fish and display them somewhere

Oooo good call. I have my goal now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Watering 100 turnips one tile at a time. Makes working the farm feel rewarding ! I don't think I'm gonna bother with livestock this time, but I'll definitely get a bunch of chickens

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game should have the Catherine thing where it lists % of players who chose Joja vs Community Center. And then permaban anybody who chose Joja from ever accessing the multiplayer once it gets patched in

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

Watering 100 turnips one tile at a time. Makes working the farm feel rewarding ! I don't think I'm gonna bother with livestock this time, but I'll definitely get a bunch of chickens

The best lowmaintenance animal is pigs. Just get a big barn of 12 of them and since truffles count as forage you can get bonus truffles and theyre all purple quality if you take the right perks. And you dont feel the urge to make them all into oil cause it barely gets you more

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Although I did like the aesthetics of having 4 different colors of chickens hanging out on my farm

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

i’m also doing a river farm and being a fisherman style farmer. i️ plan on having lots of crab pots or whatever those things are you put in the water and wait until it catches something. also question for those in the know, are they single use or do they just sit there forever catching crabs? bc there expensive as hell for the beginning of the game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

The best lowmaintenance animal is pigs. Just get a big barn of 12 of them and since truffles count as forage you can get bonus truffles and theyre all purple quality if you take the right perks. And you dont feel the urge to make them all into oil cause it barely gets you more

This is where I wound up on my first farm eventually. A pig Island would be fun to have again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

i’m also doing a river farm and being a fisherman style farmer. i️ plan on having lots of crab pots or whatever those things are you put in the water and wait until it catches something. also question for those in the know, are they single use or do they just sit there forever catching crabs? bc there expensive as hell for the beginning of the game

They catch one thing per day and just collect forever

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

sick. i’m going to line my whole river with them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think I ever once tried using the explosives before :staredog: you could obliterate the mines with a good loadout of these suckers

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i didn't like the crabpots because i'd always end up picking them up instead of checking inside :eng99:

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Evil Eagle posted:

my starfruit vineyard farm

three sheds, 2 filled with kegs and 1 with pickle/jam makers

61 wines....

where the magic happens year round

where the magic happens during summer. I have 10 iridium sprinklers spread about the riverside farm

and here's my big payout, I'm just waiting for it all to be done before I turn it in.

IDK why but these pictures got me to get the game and now I'm most of the way through Spring and having the time of my life. I picked the River farm too and it took me a while to realize I could actually till the soil of all the little islands as well as the stuff just outside my house. Now I'm going on a huge clearing frenzy while I wait for my crops to finish growing. Everything in this game is so cool, there's constant new objectives coming up and new goals to aim for.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

klapman posted:

IDK why but these pictures got me to get the game and now I'm most of the way through Spring and having the time of my life. I picked the River farm too and it took me a while to realize I could actually till the soil of all the little islands as well as the stuff just outside my house. Now I'm going on a huge clearing frenzy while I wait for my crops to finish growing. Everything in this game is so cool, there's constant new objectives coming up and new goals to aim for.

Enjoy. It's a wonderful game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Yeah you have to add bait every day but that's trivial with all the monster guts you have. Also I'm on my first playthrough as well and picked river farm :cool: it keeps me from obsessing over clearing debris from the areas of the farm I'm not using yet because as long as I have a few clean islands I'm ok with a couple being covered in bull poo poo . I'm in my first Winter now and I love it ...... kinda nice not having to worry about crops and I'm having fun getting my layout ready for Spring

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

I don't think I ever once tried using the explosives before :staredog: you could obliterate the mines with a good loadout of these suckers

its cool to do the insane skull cavern dive with explosives and staircases and get like 1500 iridium ore

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i didn't like the crabpots because i'd always end up picking them up instead of checking inside :eng99:

I found out after much frustration if you select your bait you can hold left click and it removes the fish and adds the bait

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

its cool to do the insane skull cavern dive with explosives and staircases and get like 1500 iridium ore
My girlfriend got really into doing this but now she just plays FFXIV all the time.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

why is it taking Nintendo so long to approve this loving patch

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah apparently the time it takes to save the game is getting cut in half which I am really looking forward to, it's a long time right now

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

My goal is to make enough money to fix the bus by the end of my first winter :hai:

edit: every time I feed my cows I think of this and lol

quote:

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic. RTFM

goferchan fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Nov 26, 2017

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

lol

I have harvest moon on my snes but I never got as far to get cows in that, just chickens. I wasn't very good at it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

My goal is to make enough money to fix the bus by the end of my first winter :hai:

edit: every time I feed my cows I think of this and lol
gently caress you rear end in a top hat.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Cobalt Viper posted:

gently caress you rear end in a top hat.

I don't mean thru Joja. Don't you fix the Community Center vault wing that gives you the bus just by donating a bunch of money?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Oh poo poo you might be right. I can't remember which ones fix which part it's been so long. My apologies.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

You can definitely fix the bus through the community center. I’ve almost finished the community center (I think I just need three apples and a purple mushroom) and I’ve had the bus unlocked for a while, though I don’t remember which part actually does it.

I got back into this game hard over the long weekend. I’m the cautious kind of gamer who likes to turtle before expanding so I’m only just now at year 2’s winter starting to clear land to expand beyond the area I cleared at the very beginning but my animals are bringing in good money and I just unlocked the greenhouse to serve as a vineyard for grapes and hops to support winemaking. Seems like things start snowballing really quick once you start making real money.

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 26, 2017

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The main hurdle with superfarms is just amassing enough raw materials to make everything you need. Kegs/Casks aren't cheap, so make sure you've got a tiny little sap farm setup in some corner of your farm pretty early on and just hoard that stuff.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Finishing year 1 and I have no friendship hearts with anyone and I have only attended one festival and that was on accident

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I married Maru and have no regrets

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I married Maru and have no regrets

:hai:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like the sassy chick but I haven't married anyone. I'm a sass fan.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I married Haley and she's kind of boring. at least Penny still teaches at the library. Haley just sits around the house

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I never actually got married because I was a min/max sperg and wanted to make sure I got to max hearts with everyone before I did but I decided on Leah as my potential wife.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Maru was definitely the best choice but when the time comes to make a new game I think I’ll go with Abigail or Leah just for the sake of doing something different.

Maybe Emily just to spite Clint.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Maru keeps giving me explosives that she “found in her scrap pile” and asking if I think I could find a use for it. I didn’t realize I was marrying into the Weather Underground.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

gently caress you Clint

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
drat, this thread is making me want to play this again, but i have dragon's dogma waiting for me. last game i actually started running out of trees anywhere on the map, so i was planting acorns and pinecones and waiting for them to repopulate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
they still havent raised the mexican eshop price so i got this for just over $8. big ol booya

• Locked thread