Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bought this on switch again. Going to dive in tonight and probably lose 6 hours or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah you do everything with analog stick + A for interact, Y for use your tool. The L/R buttons scroll through your assigned items. I chose the river layout, did the forest one last time. I like the idea of having islands of crops, it looks cool. I also forgot how humble your beginnings are...I look forward to creating my monopoly. Also I wanna make this place a fish farm just because I have the water, why not. I wish you could do stuff more elaborate than just the traps for water farming

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

You gotta get the 5 legendary fish and display them somewhere

Oooo good call. I have my goal now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Watering 100 turnips one tile at a time. Makes working the farm feel rewarding ! I don't think I'm gonna bother with livestock this time, but I'll definitely get a bunch of chickens

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game should have the Catherine thing where it lists % of players who chose Joja vs Community Center. And then permaban anybody who chose Joja from ever accessing the multiplayer once it gets patched in

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

The best lowmaintenance animal is pigs. Just get a big barn of 12 of them and since truffles count as forage you can get bonus truffles and theyre all purple quality if you take the right perks. And you dont feel the urge to make them all into oil cause it barely gets you more

This is where I wound up on my first farm eventually. A pig Island would be fun to have again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

i’m also doing a river farm and being a fisherman style farmer. i️ plan on having lots of crab pots or whatever those things are you put in the water and wait until it catches something. also question for those in the know, are they single use or do they just sit there forever catching crabs? bc there expensive as hell for the beginning of the game

They catch one thing per day and just collect forever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think I ever once tried using the explosives before :staredog: you could obliterate the mines with a good loadout of these suckers

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

klapman posted:

IDK why but these pictures got me to get the game and now I'm most of the way through Spring and having the time of my life. I picked the River farm too and it took me a while to realize I could actually till the soil of all the little islands as well as the stuff just outside my house. Now I'm going on a huge clearing frenzy while I wait for my crops to finish growing. Everything in this game is so cool, there's constant new objectives coming up and new goals to aim for.

Enjoy. It's a wonderful game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I reach Summer Year 1 iwth level 6 fishing. my farming has been pretty light till now but ive got 100 tiles to worry about now and i havent gotten very far in the mines so my upgrades are slacking. If i just fish all day and talk to my chickens though i can do just fine. I need to clear out the big rocks and stumps though asap because they limit your already small building space in the river variant

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i may do the slime hutch this time because Ive never bothered with it but does it actually get you money at all.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's a lot of ways to fulfill the 4 candles requirements to allow for a variety of playstyles I think. It's pretty flexible while still giving you a good goal to aim for

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I wish the quarry wasn't kind of worthless

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

It does make for some interesting prioritizations though. For example, you need earth crystals to make mayonnaise machines (plus one for the bundle) but the only way to get them without the mines is from geodes. SO once you get one from fishing or w/e, youll need to use a crystalarium to make more. But the crystalarium blueprint is only from level 9 mining skill, which you may never get. So the only way to get one is the reward from the $25000 vault bundle.

So you have to decide if you wanna invest 25k to make mayo.

Lol cool. I haven't really been visiting the mines an found like 25 iron ore in a treasure chest while fishing which was huge news, very exciting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Panning for ore??? :stare:

Yeah wtf

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can breed slimes but they don't really do anything other than produce more slimes. It seems like purely a post-game mess around thing. You can also go crazy trying to get a nest of rare purple slimes so you have a renewable source of iridium on your farm

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is multiplayer going to be online? That's insanely exciting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Imp Zone farm is gonna be popping off as the snow settles outside the window.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I just assumed multiplayer meant like, trading and visiting ppls farms, not like cooperatively building a farm from scratch

https://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-multiplayer-news/ so it looks like there's a main "host" and then you can have up to two other people simultaneously playnwith you and do stuff in the farm and town

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fishing doesn't really give a lot of money per day unless it's raining and I can just do it for the entire day but it's cool scraping by. I never bothered buying ore in my first playthrough because I was swimming in it constantly but now it's the way I progress. I can't wait to get a house though, I want that kitchen. Is the fridge still bugged on switch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Town loved the delicious Bass I brought to the luau.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I can send you the fish I have thousands.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

I think Stardew is better in a lot of ways but Rune Factory 4 on 3DS is really fun. It's more of a dungeon crawler than it is a farming game though. Also, just downloaded a patch on Switch! :woot:

Oh hell yeah! Here's notes https://stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-switch-1-2-36-patch-notes/

Looks like they fixed everything that I had had issues with. I've had the audio crackling, vibration and bundle tool tips issues crop up repeatedly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does where I fish affect the stuff I find in treasure chests or no. I'm almost level 10 and gonna work on making a bunch of treasure hunting bobs or whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never planted one before but ive been stockpiling Rare Seeds so once fall rolls around and I get a seed maker this farm is gonna be doing iron man numbers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Omg...got a prismatic shard out of a geode :staredog:

E: oh bullcrap you can't put them in crystalariums!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

You cant make seeds from gem berrys v____v

Oh no...the wiki says I can though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Although reading the match it makes sense not to do that because you lose way more value in burning a sweet gem berry for a seed rather than just buying them from the shop

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:cheers:

and i stumbled upon a legendary fish in the ocean in a few times but couldnt catch it. now ill be prepared, once fall rolls aorund and i can start stockpiling sardines for the +3 fishing stew

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

after i spent all day and a few meals moving my cropspace and hugely expanding my farm :mad:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Once I got a large milk to finish my animal bundle I sold all my cows in fall year 1. I'll get pigs eventually but I have so many crops right now that I need a meal just to have enough energy to water them all lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is such an alien way to experience stardew valley lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

*team of subscribers scrubbing down his body, then rubs with oil before finally enrobing him in the Gamer Shawl*

Glod splits salty runback pb tiem bitchyuazz. *makes stardew self w/shades and mohawk*

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A Vita version lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it would take 4 hours to type that on the Quad

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Me after typing up a flame in the Twitch App on PlayStation 4 using a DualShock 4

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Halfway through Fall Year 1 and ive finally entered the mines beyond level 20. I went in with a Gold Pickaxe and the galaxy sword so ive been tearing it apart, trying to reach the bottom before winter so I can do skull mine deep runs for iridium with a shitload of bombs and stairs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I assume the strat is to bring a million rocks and a stack of mega bombs, dive a few floors with staircase, Bomb a bunch, use the stone to make more stairs etc. I will need to collect a bunch of crap first though bc I don't really have a way to make money during winter since I didn't finish the greenhouse

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Just as a heads up you cant stack stairs so dont craft them until youre in the mine, just bring stone stacks of 999

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

What the he'll, I thought 140 was the bottom. :whoptc:

The skull mines are endless

• Locked thread