Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I also have a PS3 that can play every PS1, 2 and 3 game. A lot of them can do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

I Iiek being told imformation like its a early 2000s gbs post where it 100 paragraphs abput a normal date but then the twist is you poo poo your pants and rape your sister now all my 5 and manbabies belogn to you bigpeeler

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The year is 2006. Sony is the laughingstock of E3. War was beginning.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want Sony to abandon the Vita so I can use emulators on it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I bought 18 SNES console and actually solved the vertical line issue that had been plaguing the internet for 20 years thank you very much

Also I made sure I paid no more than $25 for each one of those systems and I recently sold them for $100 each because SNES console prices skyrocketed in a measly 3 years

also for some reason my wife is still with me

the Vita has been hacked to hell and back. it's pretty cool, there is even a way (with something called Vitamin) that makes it turn into an actual PSP with the PSP menu and everything

people have also just recently made Sony Vita memory card to micro SD converters!

Yeah but there's no way to revert firmware. Also lol I thought elf was joking.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I need to mod my PS2 someday to load games off a SD card or something because the laser is starting to go

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

https://phys.org/news/2010-12-air-playstation-3s-supercomputer.html

I couldn't think of where else to put this so here's an article about the air force connecting 1,760 ps3s to create a supercomputer

1,760 PS3s huh? DId they store them in an Xbox?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Worth it so you can play uh. The Knack Uncharted crossover DLC.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I might finally be able to finish AC0 since my disc is scratched.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never had good luck with PS2 emulation which I why I just bought a PS2

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I won't hack my switch for like 7 years probably but I hope it can run PS2 games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

bitches with good pussy piss loud af!!

Sound like they grillin steak on a ps3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The PS Vita has just been hacked no matter what firmware you're on!

https://mobile.twitter.com/theflow0/status/1013361738950107136?s=19

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It says in the readme that 3.65 lets you install a "permanent hack" but no really sure what that means, because if you power cycle the console ever you have to relaunch the exploit to start homebrew stuff. I'm dumb about computers though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh good call. Well it doesn't matter for me, since I'm on 3.68 anyway

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

spent my evening setting this up and its pretty awesome. gonna use it for ps1/psp games for now, since they have hardware support, before even trying to use any probably junky emulators. its fascinating looking at the homebrew databases for this and its flooded with ports of 12 year old link to the past romhacks with expanded universes and pdf lore companions with 25 total downloads.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh I meant the vita stuff. I don't have my PS3 hooked up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The PS1 stuff works flawlessly, this is awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Don't update your system, Sony just new PS3 firmware to break this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

NintendoUncle83: she said she was 30
NintendoUncle83: I had a computer virus

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The best $50 I've ever blown is the OP's mom!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

quote:

PlayStation 2 DVD Player Exploit. This allows you to burn your own PlayStation 2 homebrew discs and play them on an unmodified console as seen in the demo video. With uLaunchELF as the initial program, users can include multiple homebrew programs on the same disc.

For technical details please refer to my blog post.

https://github.com/CTurt/FreeDVDBoot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

it says homebrew but can you just burn a game?

Yeah I think they just say homebrew to cover their rear end or something. Or you might need a homebrew wrapper to boot games properly. It's a cool new way to play hacked stuff on a PS2 without much modding work at least, and people will add more stuff over time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the collection is loving sick and it's the only reason I wish I still had my ps3 hooked up. Maybe I'll dig it out for July...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

With Metal Gear July coming up, people should definitely think about playing PW for the first time if they haven't already. It's like the proof of concept for the ideas behind V, and it's also got the best theme of any of the games (sorry Snake Eater).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjdS1BG6ulw

trying to beat missions with just the banana was awesome and I was bummed out when MGSV didn't have something similar.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MG2 is cool bc it's like a demake of MGS1. really impressive game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PS4 pro with 60fps Bloodborne for Christmas?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

After that you use the web browser exploit and install REBUG_CRC[8b9287fc]_FW[v4.84.2_RE]_PS3UPDAT.PUP

Absolutely do this and be sure to give the website your social security number when it asks it's just for logging purposes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

I'm not worried, surely someday the PS4 will be hacked no matter what firmware you're on

This. They always figure it out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

all the games are brown and there's none to play (and there's none to play)

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I shall hack a PS4 for crisp unstable 60fps Bloodborne fan patch.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

also apparently the hack somehow also works for the PS5 and will be released soon :dogstare:

Fuuuuuck yes even more no games!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SpaceAceJase posted:

I've got a PS3 slim with 4.82 firmware.
should I start the hacking from here or upgrade it first?

Doesn't matter hombre. Check out the thread title.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

i just retroarch/adrenaline/that app that lets you download vita/psx/psp games on there and loaded up all the nes snes and gba games i could get. maybe i'll add master system/genesis someday too

Yeah this. Plus Quake III arena for 1v1ing with the thriving Vita homebrew q3a port community.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ah.