Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Was hoping for a win but gently caress that Willian goal was sexy as hell and we totally deserved to concede it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gorn Myson posted:

Was hoping for a win but gently caress that Willian goal was sexy as hell and we totally deserved to concede it.

lmao

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
congratulations to TP Mazembe, the team with the best crest, on winning the CAF Confederation Cup (African EL equivalent)

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

curried lamb of God posted:

congratulations to TP Mazembe, the team with the best crest, on winning the CAF Confederation Cup (African EL equivalent)

drat you weren’t kidding, that’s pretty great

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
Liverpool’s defense played very well. They drew because Chelsea have enormous pace and the strength in depth to completely exhaust Liverpool’s midfield.

Klopp didnt have any more defensive midfield substitutions beyond Wjinaldum from the bench he selected - Milner and Henderson were already playing.

Klopp’s best play was probably to bring on Firmino to press manically, and push Chamberlain back into defense to shore up the line.

Result seemed fair to both sides.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Starting Big Stu against a proper side is insane IMO.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Seriously. Its like I think Wayne Rooney is a massive oval office and Man Utd and everyone that likes them are filthy lowlife scum, but you can't deny that his volley against Newcastle is an all time great.

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Drawing at home to Meggo's West Brom should absolutely be a jailable offence

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Xabi posted:

Starting Big Stu against a proper side is insane IMO.

it is

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gorn Myson posted:

It was a cross.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

If you're not watching the Saints v Everton game you're missing out on some very entertainingly bad defending.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Feel bad for Unsworth, going to be the worst performing caretaker ever at this rate just because nobody wants to actually manage Everton

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Everton are very bad and it's quite funny.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Insurrectionist posted:

Feel bad for Unsworth, going to be the worst performing caretaker ever at this rate just because nobody wants to actually manage Everton

Commentators mentioned that he was the second (I think) longest serving caretaker manager (behind Phil Thompson when Houllier had his heart surgery). It is so clear that Everton didn't have a plan post-Koeman, I don't know if they were forced into the decision from fan pressure or if they just don't know what they're doing.

That being said there's not a lot out there. I'm not entirely sure the Everton fans would take to Allerdyce, they wouldn't have had Moyes back, Pardew I guess is out there? Beyond that you're looking at trying to poach someone for elsewhere, either in the lower leagues or abroad, and who would want to go there right now?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
Unsworth looks like a bad guy from a Guy Ritchie movie

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Commentators mentioned that he was the second (I think) longest serving caretaker manager (behind Phil Thompson when Houllier had his heart surgery). It is so clear that Everton didn't have a plan post-Koeman, I don't know if they were forced into the decision from fan pressure or if they just don't know what they're doing.

That being said there's not a lot out there. I'm not entirely sure the Everton fans would take to Allerdyce, they wouldn't have had Moyes back, Pardew I guess is out there? Beyond that you're looking at trying to poach someone for elsewhere, either in the lower leagues or abroad, and who would want to go there right now?

At this point I'm pretty sure 'anyone who's not a caretaker manager' would do a better job. Maybe even Unsworth himself, although I'm not sure the players would really believe in his ability after these past awful weeks. Of course, I'm sure that feeling is mutual.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Insurrectionist posted:

At this point I'm pretty sure 'anyone who's not a caretaker manager' would do a better job. Maybe even Unsworth himself, although I'm not sure the players would really believe in his ability after these past awful weeks. Of course, I'm sure that feeling is mutual.

Unsworth is hilarious, before they sacked Koeman my toffee cousin was going off about how he was tearing it up in the u23 league and should replace Koeman, best manager they've had at the club for years etc. etc.

That's all gone a bit quiet. Can't imagine why.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Lee Mason isn't a very good referee. Not that he's done anything egregious yet but he's made two wrong decisions already.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

I wish I could watch the everton game but none of the sites I watch streams on have the game up.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Arsenal look dogshit once again. Hooray.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

What a loving hit from Sigurdsson

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
cool goal

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Classic Gylfi.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

West007 posted:

I wish I could watch the everton game but none of the sites I watch streams on have the game up.

download acestream and grab a link from reddit or livefootballvideo

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

lol Ramsey

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Ramsey still poo poo finisher water wet. I hate Wenger's insistence that he get in the box at all times.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Arsenal look dogshit once again. Hooray.

3 teams above us drew and we had a chance to leapfrog two of them, was always going to happen

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

3 teams above us drew and we had a chance to leapfrog two of them, was always going to happen

True enough. Also forgot about how awful the away form is.

Gene Ricman
Aug 14, 2008

EvilHawk posted:

Unsworth is hilarious, before they sacked Koeman my toffee cousin was going off about how he was tearing it up in the u23 league and should replace Koeman, best manager they've had at the club for years etc. etc.

There were a few saying this, it was always madness. He's done amazing with the U23's but premier league management is a completely different world and its showing. Hope we can get a proper manager in soon because we're in dire need of some reorganisation. Its painful to watch :(

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

I'm disappointed Moyes didn't end up back at Everton. It would have been so perfect.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

What a flop. Good English lads with caps don't flop to cover up they've hosed up though.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Burnley are some whinny loving cunts. Pissing and moaning over everything.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
lmao how the gently caress is that a foul on Ramsey

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

How is Lee Mason a referee

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Everton are so bad lmao

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

I hope the media continue to big up Dyche and he goes to Evrton and he's garbage. He doesn't do anything unique its the same poo poo Alladyce and Pulis do.

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

I hope the media continue to big up Dyche and he goes to Evrton and he's garbage. He doesn't do anything unique its the same poo poo Alladyce and Pulis do.

Agreed, he's real bad, his Burnley team are excruciating to watch.

With added diving and whinging and arguing with the ref!

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
We have a Mark Hughes that is free to a good home if there are any takers.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

how did Burnley gently caress up that break so badly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

The attacking movement out of this Arsenal team is dreadful when Ozil isn't playing. Everything basically has to go through Sanchez and he can't really be assed.

• Locked thread