Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most interesting conference championship game
This poll is closed.
American Athletic 15 10.07%
Atlantic Coast 29 19.46%
Big 12 14 9.40%
Big Ten 38 25.50%
Conference USA 5 3.36%
Mid-American 4 2.68%
Mountain West 1 0.67%
Pacific-12 2 1.34%
Southeastern 41 27.52%
Total: 149 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Conference championships are set!

ACC: Clemson vs. Miami
Big 12: Oklahoma vs. TCU
Big Ten: Wisconsin vs. Ohio State
Pac-12: Southern California vs. Stanford (probably)
SEC: Auburn vs. Georgia

AAC: Central Florida vs. Memphis
C-USA: Florida Atlantic vs. North Texas
MAC: Toledo vs. Akron
MW: Fresno State vs. Boise State

The Sun Belt's champion will be determined by the winner of Arkansas State-Troy and whether or not Appalachian State wins their game.

Oh, and Bama lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Fire Tim Beck

edit: Also the conference championship games are super cool and interesting this year. At least two are defacto playoff games, and maybe the big10 too.

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 26, 2017

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Michigan season ended pretty much as I assumed it would, but we did hang in there against Ohio State for a while.

Nine months until it really begins anew.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
we flipped the script(TM) and could get to 10 wins so that is cool

dave warner and most of our coordinators and assistants are still loving trash and dantonio needs to stop defending idiots

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Feel like we're going to come up short of major fuckery this year and it'll just be ACC/SEC/B10/B12 conference winners regardless of who. If Miami hadn't putzed around then an OSU or TCU win would have been prime to get two ACC teams in but otherwise seems boring this year. Getting to this week was fun but I don't think anything wacky is going to happen.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Crotch Bat posted:

Feel like we're going to come up short of major fuckery this year and it'll just be ACC/SEC/B10/B12 conference winners regardless of who. If Miami hadn't putzed around then an OSU or TCU win would have been prime to get two ACC teams in but otherwise seems boring this year.

tcu isn't going to the playoffs lol

the only debate will be if wisconsin loses and oklahoma wins, is it bama or ohio state. every other scenario sorts itself out

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

G-Hawk posted:

tcu isn't going to the playoffs lol

the only debate will be if wisconsin loses and oklahoma wins, is it bama or ohio state. every other scenario sorts itself out

You think? The losses are respectable enough and they'd have a win over Okie State and a revenge win over OU.

e: holy poo poo that Apple Cup.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 26, 2017

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
This loss means that Nick Saban can pour his energies into an extra full week of recruiting.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
i am told there was a football game involving my team and the sooners. i am not sure it happened.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

#neveragain

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Playoff pecking order seems pretty clear (order of the top four is arbitrary)

1) Auburn/Georgia winner
2) Clemson/Miami winner
3) Wisconsin (if they win)
4) Oklahoma (if they win)
5) Alabama
6) Ohio State/TCU/Notre Dame/USC/Washington (if they win)

I have to think Bama is first alternate if Wisconsin or Oklahoma lose, but if both lose- hold onto your butts, it's gonna get wild.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Nov 26, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i am told there was a football game involving my team and the sooners. i am not sure it happened.

Not that I think you'd have won but it sucks Grier had to miss the game because I think you guys could have put up some crazy numbers together, one of those 100 point, 1300 yard games.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

General Dog posted:

1) Auburn/Georgia winner
2) Clemson/Miami winner
5) Alabama
6) Ohio State/TCU/Notre Dame/USC (we probably won't get this far, but if we do hold onto your butts)

Oklahoma is prolly going to be #1 tuesday and will have wins over a bunch of top 25 teams, including two teams currently in the top 10 and the Heisman winner. If chalk holds, they're almost assuredly going to be the 1 or 2 seed

Crotch Bat posted:

Not that I think you'd have won but it sucks Grier had to miss the game because I think you guys could have put up some crazy numbers together, one of those 100 point, 1300 yard games.

yeah though props to dana because the offense actually played pretty well. the wild cat owned. it mostly a couple of early missed chances (a fumble at the 11 down 4, and 6" from recovering an onside when it was still close.)

the defense got housed, but oklahoma's offense is really, really loving good

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Oklahoma is prolly going to be #1 tuesday and will have wins over a bunch of top 25 teams, including two teams currently in the top 10 and the Heisman winner. If chalk holds, they're almost assuredly going to be the 1 or 2 seed

Yeah like I said, the order of the top four is arbitrary, but they're all in if they win.

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

By rule, it's never allowed to be pretty, but the Territorial Cup has been returned to its rightful home in Tempe. Demario Richard ran real hard all game. It was a lovely way for him to close out his ASU career. Go Devils!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Mayfield's stats are absurd. That YPA combined with the completion percentage :monocle:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/550373/baker-mayfield

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I predict that OU will not finish #3 or #4.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

General Dog posted:

1) Auburn/Georgia winner
2) Clemson/Miami winner
5) Alabama
6) Ohio State/TCU/USC/Washington (if they win)

I have to think Bama is first alternate if Wisconsin or Oklahoma lose, but if both lose- hold onto your butts, it's gonna get wild.

Notre Dame is losing right now, so I took them out.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Not that it matters a ton but why would OU jump Clemson this week? Clemson is kicking the poo poo out of a better team than WV (at least with Grier out). And Clemson's win against Auburn is looking even better.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hail Xort

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Oklahoma averaged 12 yards per play today.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

General Dog posted:

1) Auburn/Georgia winner
2) Clemson/Miami winner
5) Alabama
6) Ohio State/TCU/Notre Dame/USC/Washington (if they win)

Washington's DOA because they can't qualify for the Pac-12 title game, and the committee won't bother with a 3-loss Stanford. It's USC or bust for the conference.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
By virtue of their head-to-head record, Stanford would be in the Pac-12 Championship over Washington.

e: Beaten like a Coog.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Benne posted:

Washington's DOA because they can't qualify for the Pac-12 title game, and the committee won't bother with a 3-loss Stanford. It's USC or bust for the conference.

Ah poo poo I didn't realize that, my East Coast bias is showing. So yeah, USC is the only hope for the Pac-12, and if Notre Dame manages to come back against Stanford it might be hard to justify taking them.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i really have no idea how USC would have a path, in part because Stanford isn't going to be a super impressive win, if they win. And looks like ND is toast, now

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The more I think about it, the more I realize it's probably just

1) Auburn/Georgia winner
2) Clemson/Miami winner
5) Alabama
6) Ohio State (if they win)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The American Athletic Conference and CBS Sports Network are garbage organizations that stole Tulane's victory. The unlikely quest for a bad bowl was almost complete, they had marched down the field as time expired. I was there, I watched Banks get the touch down with seconds left. The bad refs made no call, then gave it to SMU. He was in. CBS Sports Network is too cheap for the pile on camera and the American is too garbage to require one. Tulane should be going to a bad bowl. Dumb garbage stopped them from getting there. I have no ill will towards SMU but that was the worst call I've seen all season and what a time for that to happen. Next season, Tulane's quest for a bad bowl will be completed.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Spacebump posted:

The American Athletic Conference and CBS Sports Network are garbage organizations that stole Tulane's victory. The unlikely quest for a bad bowl was almost complete, they had marched down the field as time expired. I was there, I watched Banks get the touch down with seconds left. The bad refs made no call, then gave it to SMU. He was in. CBS Sports Network is too cheap for the pile on camera and the American is too garbage to require one. Tulane should be going to a bad bowl. Dumb garbage stopped them from getting there. I have no ill will towards SMU but that was the worst call I've seen all season and what a time for that to happen. Next season, Tulane's quest for a bad bowl will be completed.

It's a "pylon"

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

General Dog posted:

The more I think about it, the more I realize it's probably just

1) Auburn/Georgia winner
2) Clemson/Miami winner
5) Alabama
6) Ohio State (if they win)

thats where i'm at, with the most likely debate being Alabama/Ohio State if Ohio State roasts Wisconsin real bad. Maaaaybe TCU sneaks into the conversation if they absolutely demolish Oklahoma, but that seems unlikely. I don't think anyone beyond that has any path

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

The only offensive players in the Big12 who should be eligible for the Heisman should be RBs. Everything else is mostly pyrrhic for offense in that league

Go a Black Knight

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/CodyWorsham/status/934634617025499136

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

UF looked like garbage, giving up 21 points off turnovers (pick-6, scoop-n-score, pick return inside the 5 resulting in TD).

UF managed to lose out on the best available coach and get stomped by the worst FSU team in my lifetime. Not a wonderful Saturday.

However, we finished 4-7 and I don't have to watch another down of Nussmeier playcalling. :toot:

I'm glad there's finally a dagger in this team.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I have nothing to say other than I desperately hope someone, anyone, stops Clemson from winning two national titles in a row.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

RumbleFish posted:

I have nothing to say other than I desperately hope someone, anyone, stops Clemson from winning two national titles in a row.

Yeah, but math tells me it'll be 70 years before they win another

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I honestly felt worse about the Oregon loss this year, I just have already dealt with so much post Dawkins stress that it's hard to feel bad, or, anything at all, about a loss wherein he was required to be on the field for roughly half the game. Hopefully Tate is ready to go by the bowl game this year and Arizona can do a bunch of fun stuff there.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

General Dog posted:

It's a "pylon"

Don't pile on his misery, man.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

General Dog posted:

It's a "pylon"

I'm so dang mad I can't even spell anymore.

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

Rick posted:

I honestly felt worse about the Oregon loss this year, I just have already dealt with so much post Dawkins stress that it's hard to feel bad, or, anything at all, about a loss wherein he was required to be on the field for roughly half the game. Hopefully Tate is ready to go by the bowl game this year and Arizona can do a bunch of fun stuff there.

RichRod didn't take it very well:

http://www.abc15.com/sports/sports-...torial-cup-game

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is it theoretically possible Clemson, Alabama, and Auburn could all make the playoff? And Auburn would have to close out the season playing Alabama twice, Georgia twice, and Clemson a second time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Is it theoretically possible Clemson, Alabama, and Auburn could all make the playoff? And Auburn would have to close out the season playing Alabama twice, Georgia twice, and Clemson a second time?

Very possible really. If Clemson wins and then Oklahoma loses and/or Ohio State mehs their way to a disappointing win then Alabama will 2011 their way in

• Locked thread