Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most interesting conference championship game
This poll is closed.
American Athletic 15 10.07%
Atlantic Coast 29 19.46%
Big 12 14 9.40%
Big Ten 38 25.50%
Conference USA 5 3.36%
Mid-American 4 2.68%
Mountain West 1 0.67%
Pacific-12 2 1.34%
Southeastern 41 27.52%
Total: 149 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Getting some conflicting info on this:

https://twitter.com/RivalsChase/status/936622729930919936

But there are other tweets and ESPN reporting he DID get show-caused.

But either way, Freeze is toast for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Would Hugh Freeze have any utility as an NFL assistant, or is he pretty much a CEO type HC?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

AsInHowe posted:

wisconsin minnesota - Last game of the season
ohio state michigan - Last game of the season
illinois northwestern - Last game of the season
indiana purdue - Last game of the season
iowa...nebraska - Last game of the season

michigan state...penn state?
maryland rutgers

I would absolutely want Sparty as the last game of the year for the Land Grant and it is extremely stupid and irritating that this is no longer the case

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Looks like Jimbos a sure thing to A&M and FSU is looking for a replacement.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

Sten Freak posted:

Source?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
haha, i had forgotten about this + the bong pic during the draft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF1KqfWIgiI

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

logis posted:

Source?

Nobody is saying the ink has dried, but basically everyone with ties to FSU (including Bud Elliot) is saying he's crossed the Rubicon at this point.

Flight tracker crowd says he's flying into College Station this afternoon.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sten Freak posted:

:negative:

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
stuntrock, naw we are getting away scott free my dude

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Stunt Rock posted:

It could've been worse for sure, but it's worse than expected. As long as LSU/Miss St. get some blowback from Leo Lewis admitting they offered him money I'll be fine - if they walk away without even a slap on the wrist I'll be really bummed. It's nuts that a highly touted recruit can get immunity to narc on one of the schools paying him and the other two schools paying him suffer literally zero consequences.

:lol:

You so dumb.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
Yeah articles everywhere. They could be wrong but everyone is saying it's all but a formal announcement.

He has been awesome but that one long rear end article on Tomahawk nation broke down why he was such an effective turn around coach but (perhaps) why he failed at sustaining success , which is really interesting as that was among the first words out of his mouth after winning a title, "it's now about how do we sustaining the level of success". Paraphrasing there.

Not adapting to new challenges and feedback, not making adjustments to staff and schemes, these are his problems according to that source.

Good coaches are hard to come by but it's clear when you have this season's talent and this season's record, one that could eclipse the nadir of the last Jeff Bowden OC crap year, that something is wrong. Blackmon is young but man we've had some lousy QBs come through and produce 9 or 10 wins easily. For a school that has had 2 coaches as long as I've known it, it's weird but it appears there's no way back now with Jimbo.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Why is nobody talking about the fact that Bob Spoo has a daughter named Katie.

Katie
Spoo

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I read an article that said they were vacating some of Ole Miss' wins, but it didn't say what games. Has anyone heard anything about that?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Duckaerobics posted:

I read an article that said they were vacating some of Ole Miss' wins, but it didn't say what games. Has anyone heard anything about that?

This is what ESPN.com has:

quote:

Must vacate all regular-season and postseason wins in which ineligible student-athletes competed.

So if we knew the ineligible players you can work backwards from there.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Uncle Luke is the guest picker

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Roasted Donut posted:

I would absolutely want Sparty as the last game of the year for the Land Grant and it is extremely stupid and irritating that this is no longer the case

The Big Ten is trying to jam either a Rutgers or Maryland rivalry down Penn State's throat. Although I'm not opposed to a bye week immediately preceding a possible Big Ten championship game berth.

Komet fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 1, 2017

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Komet posted:

The Big Ten is trying to jam either a Rutgers or Maryland rivalry down Penn State's throat. Although I'm not opposed to a bye week immediately preceding a possible Big Ten championship game birth.

lol this hubris

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Dilber posted:

Uncle Luke is the guest picker

The Right Choice.

gently caress Miami Forever.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Komet posted:

The Big Ten is trying to jam either a Rutgers or Maryland rivalry down Penn State's throat. Although I'm not opposed to a bye week immediately preceding a possible Big Ten championship game birth.

I mean, it's karma, since Penn State has been ramming things down people's unwilling throats for years.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Komet posted:

a possible Big Ten championship game birth.

Somewhere, Jerry Sandusky gets an erection.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Stunt Rock posted:

It could've been worse for sure, but it's worse than expected. As long as LSU/Miss St. get some blowback from Leo Lewis admitting they offered him money I'll be fine - if they walk away without even a slap on the wrist I'll be really bummed. It's nuts that a highly touted recruit can get immunity to narc on one of the schools paying him and the other two schools paying him suffer literally zero consequences.

Y'all got off easy all things considered, my man. I wouldn't expect a whole lot of transfers, which is the worst thing the bowl ban could do.

Also you may wanna be a little more cautious in what you believe from OM news sources. You've bought the party line wholly when there really isn't any hard evidence supporting those Leo Lewis accusations.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/BSonnone/status/936694029357670400

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

SEC Media Days moving to Atlanta, I guess so Fulmer can attend without having to dodge a process server.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/Seminoles/status/936705485876678656

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The College Football Playoff Wikipedia page has this helpful graphic.

https://imgur.com/a/OpDF9

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

quote:

“You held up your end of the bargain,” Smart recalled telling Malzahn on Friday.

Malzahn asked Smart if he had told Saban about the “see you in Atlanta” comment.

“I never did,” Smart said, grinning.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Y'all got off easy all things considered, my man. I wouldn't expect a whole lot of transfers, which is the worst thing the bowl ban could do.

Also you may wanna be a little more cautious in what you believe from OM news sources. You've bought the party line wholly when there really isn't any hard evidence supporting those Leo Lewis accusations.

Didn’t they release audio of his mother admitting as much? And most of what I’m going with is sourced to Steven Godfrey, who usually does pretty good work.

Found his breakdown:
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/8/25/16199394/leo-lewis-ncaa-ole-miss-mississippi-state

And the tape:
https://247sports.com/college/ole-m...tment-111456549

And I said: I never expected them to do poo poo to State about Lewis and the penalties could have been a hell of a lot worse.

They had an alright season, beat their instate rival, and didn’t gently caress up their coaching search. The scholarship reductions were also pretty close to what Ole Miss proposed. And their best offensive player is using this is staying and using this as a big chip on his shoulder.

But that doesn’t mean I can find it dumb and annoying.

Also LOL at anyone who thinks their school isn’t paying players.

Stunt Rock fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 2, 2017

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Stunt Rock posted:

Didn’t they release audio of his mother admitting as much? And most of what I’m going with is sourced to Steven Godfrey, who usually does pretty good work.

Found his breakdown:
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/8/25/16199394/leo-lewis-ncaa-ole-miss-mississippi-state

And the tape:
https://247sports.com/college/ole-m...tment-111456549

And I said: I never expected them to do poo poo to State about Lewis and the penalties could have been a hell of a lot worse.

They had an alright season, beat their instate rival, and didn’t gently caress up their coaching search. The scholarship reductions were also pretty close to what Ole Miss proposed. And their best offensive player is using this is stpaying and using this as a big chip on his shoulder.

But that doesn’t mean I can find it dumb and annoying.

Yeah I'm certain LSU offered $650,000 and Lewis turned it down for $11,000

:rolleyes:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

B O B S P O O

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Yeah I'm certain LSU offered $650,000 and Lewis turned it down for $11,000

:rolleyes:

Oh I don’t necessarily believe the amounts - but I’d find it nuts to believe a 5 star linebacker recruit and one of the highest rated recruits in the country didn’t also get money or offers of money from the other school.

(Also it was $65,000, but still - I don’t think the amounts matter)

Stunt Rock fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Dec 2, 2017

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

I do want to clarify that unlike some Ole Miss fans I don’t think this is some NCAA conspiracy against Ole Miss or Freeze or any crazy poo poo like that.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Stunt Rock posted:

If everyone is paying players than Michigan State is definitely not paying them in order to properly fuel their disrespect drive

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/CSteph90/status/936818526295277569

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Stunt Rock posted:

I do want to clarify that unlike some Ole Miss fans I don’t think this is some NCAA conspiracy against Ole Miss or Freeze or any crazy poo poo like that.

Why would there be a conspiracy against ole miss of all places

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

vikingstrike posted:

Why would there be a conspiracy against ole miss of all places

Sign me up for it.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Stunt Rock posted:

I believe there is a shadowy cabal conspiracy against Ole Miss, but also believe that this is a good thing

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Insiders back and forth on Kerryon all week, no solid idea yet.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

Adidas is giving out free Turnover chain shirts in Charlotte. If you happen to live here, or are here for the game, go to their football twitter.

They deliver. Mine will be here in less than an hour.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Dilber posted:

Adidas is giving out free Turnover chain shirts in Charlotte. If you happen to live here, or are here for the game, go to their football twitter.

They deliver. Mine will be here in less than an hour.

Nice, sounds like a good day out there too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

DJExile posted:

Nice, sounds like a good day out there too

Yup. Once the shirt gets here, I'm going to grab some coffee and walk over to gameday. It's like 2 blocks from me.

• Locked thread