Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most interesting conference championship game
This poll is closed.
American Athletic 15 10.07%
Atlantic Coast 29 19.46%
Big 12 14 9.40%
Big Ten 38 25.50%
Conference USA 5 3.36%
Mid-American 4 2.68%
Mountain West 1 0.67%
Pacific-12 2 1.34%
Southeastern 41 27.52%
Total: 149 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Is it theoretically possible Clemson, Alabama, and Auburn could all make the playoff? And Auburn would have to close out the season playing Alabama twice, Georgia twice, and Clemson a second time?

Yes it's possible. Goddamn why is everyone so incredibly clueless about the playoff picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Whatever happens, I only hope OU doesn't have to face Clemson again. I don't even care if they'd be favored to win, I just can't handle the thought of losing to them a third time

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Dabo's 100th win came against SCar :3:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

General Dog posted:

It's a "pylon"

I’m also pretty sure the vast majority of games don’t have one. It’s just the main ESPN/ABC games isn’t it?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I've never seen a pylon cam in like a Raycom game or anything.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Before it happens, here's the running playoff FAQ I made in the other thread

Q: Will the SEC champion be in the playoff no matter what?
A: Yes

Q: Will Wisconsin be in the playoff if they win out?

Q: If Clemson or Miami win out will they be in the playoff?

Q: Will any of the above three teams be in the playoff if they don't win?
A: No.

Q: Is it possible for two SEC teams to be in the playoff?
A: Yes, but it requires multiple upsets, and cannot be accurately predicted until after next week

Feel free to add on.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Got to see Auburn beat not just their biggest rivals, but #1 ranked undefeated teams twice in three weeks. Still almost can't believe we beat them as well as we did.

I really hope Kerryon isn't hurt too bad, because I think Auburn needs him, but man no matter what happens in the sec champ/playoffs/bowl game I can not complain about this season.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

MourningView posted:

I’m also pretty sure the vast majority of games don’t have one. It’s just the main ESPN/ABC games isn’t it?

I just wanted to make sure he didn't think the orange things at the corners of end zones were called "pile ons" which would be adorable :3:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I feel like if Clemson and Alabama both get in with Auburn they'd rig it so Clemson/Bama rubber match in the semis and Auburn couldn't face both.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I feel like if Clemson and Alabama both get in with Auburn they'd rig it so Clemson/Bama rubber match in the semis and Auburn couldn't face both.

Yeah I feel like if Clemson wins they’re the 1, and any way Bama gets in is as the 4.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
And also with that it sets up the potential of an Auburn/Alabama natty which is really weird to think about and almost seems like it shouldn't be allowed to happen.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Here's my take:

ACC and SEC champ is in. Wisconsin and Oklahoma are Win and In. Alabama needs a WI or OU loss to get in. I think, depending on how the games play out, a WI and OU loss means WI can get in if it doesn't get destroyed. Otherwise the SEC runner up or OSU is likely in at that point, maybe TCU.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Pandanaut posted:

Yeah I feel like if Clemson wins they're the 1, and any way Bama gets in is as the 4.

Most likely yeah, although I can see scenarios where Clemson could go as low as/Bama could go as high as #3.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I think next season, instead of actively rooting for Michigan I will just troll my Michigan friends on social media. Seems like a much more enjoyable experience and we are irrelevant anyway until we can beat both Sparty and Ohio State in the same season.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I assume the committee is going to be pulling for OU and Wisconsin at this point so they don't actually have to make any decisions themselves.

Ghosts!
Jan 6, 2004
How much heat will be put on the SEC officials with regard to Auburns secondary? If any?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Ghosts! posted:

How much heat will be put on the SEC officials with regard to Auburns secondary? If any?

Uhh, because of...?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
They threw a flag for pass interference and then picked it up after a conference.

https://twitter.com/mdahlsten/status/934572038211153922

They did that multiple times this game, always calls against K-State that were picked up. But this was a third down with about 1:30 left in the fourth. ISU was up five and had the ball. If they'd gotten a first down they could have kneeled out the game for the win. Instead the refs picked up the flag after a conference and ISU had to punt. They ended up giving up the game winning TD as the clock hit zero and lost.

The refs did not miss this call. They saw it. They threw a flag.

How the gently caress do you pick up that flag and say that was clean?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Noctone posted:

Uhh, because of...?

There were a couple uncalled holds so it’s a conspiracy paaawl, roll tide

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Thoguh posted:

They threw a flag for pass interference and then picked it up after a conference.

https://twitter.com/mdahlsten/status/934572038211153922

They did that multiple times this game, always calls against K-State that were picked up. But this was a third down with about 1:30 left in the fourth. ISU was up five and had the ball. If they'd gotten a first down they could have kneeled out the game for the win. Instead the refs picked up the flag after a conference and ISU had to punt. They ended up giving up the game winning TD as the clock hit zero and lost.

The refs did not miss this call. They saw it. They threw a flag.

How the gently caress do you pick up that flag and say that was clean?

The enemies of Iowa State Athletics are legion.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Noctone posted:

The enemies of Iowa State Athletics are legion.

So, in your opinion, picking up the already thrown flag and saying the DB played it clean was the correct call? Keeping in mind that the flag has already been thrown.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Thoguh posted:

So, in your opinion, picking up the already thrown flag and saying the DB played it clean was the correct call? Keeping in mind that the flag has already been thrown.

My dude :thejoke:

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
Northwestern got the hat and after a pretty garbage opening to the season actually finished well down the stretch. I'm pretty happy overall.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Thoguh posted:

That.....happens all the time.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That was probably interference but if it hadn’t been i don’t think it should matter that the flag was already thrown. I would say in the vast majority of cases I’ve seen where the refs conference and decide to pick a flag up picking it up was actually the right decision.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
News: War drat

Views: War drat Y'all

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Send Tim Beck back to Nebraska where he belongs.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/Singleshot25/status/934594815324512257

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It's gonna rule when TCU beats OU in the title game that should not be, and the Big 12 gets left out of the playoffs.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Here's my retrospective what if: PSU actually beat Sparty and the PSU-OSU situation from last year happens again, but in reverse. I wonder if the committee would stick to their guns and keep PSU ranked above OSU or find a way for OSU to jump a whole bunch of teams once again.

4 points

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It’s the refs’ fault that John O’Korn is insanely bad at football. Maybe if they stop being biased against one of the sport’s blue bloods then Michigan-Ohio State can be as competitive as Army-Navy.

Sparty won the most boring blowout ever.

War Eagle Pawl

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

PostNouveau posted:

Send Tim Beck back to Nebraska where he belongs.

Eat a dick, pal

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

https://twitter.com/C_McBreezy/status/934655726030671873

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
gently caress Texas, lmao.

BOOMER!

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
LSU lost to Troy St.

LSU beat Auburn

:lol:

Oh and they dropped 600yds/45 pts on Chavis' defense. Also :lol: Tulane

Poke
Mar 1, 2004

C2C - 2.0 posted:

LSU lost to Troy St.

LSU beat Auburn

:lol:

Oh and they dropped 600yds/45 pts on Chavis' defense. Also :lol: Tulane

Troy dropped the State part of their name a long time ago.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

That owns

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Poke posted:

Troy dropped the State part of their name a long time ago.

Pedant!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

I am going to start a not for profit for the sole purpose of paying that fine. I will be rich with donations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Auburn is eating a $250k fine for storming the field.

SEC more like No Fun League.

• Locked thread