Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Most interesting conference championship game
This poll is closed.
American Athletic 15 10.07%
Atlantic Coast 29 19.46%
Big 12 14 9.40%
Big Ten 38 25.50%
Conference USA 5 3.36%
Mid-American 4 2.68%
Mountain West 1 0.67%
Pacific-12 2 1.34%
Southeastern 41 27.52%
Total: 149 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Feel like we're going to come up short of major fuckery this year and it'll just be ACC/SEC/B10/B12 conference winners regardless of who. If Miami hadn't putzed around then an OSU or TCU win would have been prime to get two ACC teams in but otherwise seems boring this year. Getting to this week was fun but I don't think anything wacky is going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

G-Hawk posted:

tcu isn't going to the playoffs lol

the only debate will be if wisconsin loses and oklahoma wins, is it bama or ohio state. every other scenario sorts itself out

You think? The losses are respectable enough and they'd have a win over Okie State and a revenge win over OU.

e: holy poo poo that Apple Cup.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 26, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

i am told there was a football game involving my team and the sooners. i am not sure it happened.

Not that I think you'd have won but it sucks Grier had to miss the game because I think you guys could have put up some crazy numbers together, one of those 100 point, 1300 yard games.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Mayfield's stats are absurd. That YPA combined with the completion percentage :monocle:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/550373/baker-mayfield

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

I've never seen a pylon cam in like a Raycom game or anything.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

The last two guys didn't even put their arms out, they just kind of ran into him and fell down.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Miami's been functioning as the sum of their parts all year, those all-ACC results aren't particularly shocking. Their best players were also chiefly on defense which, especially at DL and LB, was insanely deep on the ACC this year to the point that I think half the conference probably had kids that belonged there and couldn't make it.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Dilber posted:

Jaquan Johnson won acc player of the week 3 times and is up for the Walter Campbell.

I mean the ACC has 2 Butkus finalists and one of them is on the 2nd team (Dorian O'Daniel from Clemson).

With a forever player like Quin Blanding that leaves like 25+ kids at safety going after 1 spot, someone is bound to get screwed.

VT won the ACC in 2008 and had a top 10 D and had exactly one first-team guy (Macho Harris) so this isn't unprecedented.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Nov 29, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Auburn at 2 is ridiculous. Should we just totally disregard resume and pick the "best" teams. Having 2 losses should matter. I don't think ANY 2 loss team should be over an undefeated P5 team, personally unless there were some really crazy circumstances.

:ssh: They won't be if they beat OSU next week but right now they lack anything remotely resembling a quality win and Auburn has beaten two #1 teams so that's why they're ahead currently :ssh:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

For the most part, but it really raises questions about how they're actually measuring things.

For the millionth time: these rankings serve for literally no purpose other than to keep people talking about the sport. They are changed weekly with no prior week influencing the next. There is no rhyme or reason to them because they need none. All that matters is what happens in the last ranking. If, in some bizarre reality, a 13-0 Wisconsin is left out next week then we should be outraged.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Fun fact: the BCS computers chose a rematch of LSU/VT in 2007 (LSU thrashed VT 48-7 in the beginning of the season).

It would have been a national title game between two 2-loss teams.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Computers had VT #1 in 07, we were held out by poo poo feckless voters who cared more about Les NOT LOSING IN REGULATION vs the utter shame of losing to 2 #2 teams.

Imma be salty about that year forever I think. Although perhaps not quite the level of salt that I have for the 2012 Sugar Bowl that was stolen from us.

Saltiest moment ever was ND stealing our BCS at-large in 2000. We had goddamn Michael Vick and a 10-1 record (loss to top 5 Miami) and we had to fart away in Jax against Tommy Bowden and Clemson. ND was 9-2, lost to a 5-6 Michigan State, and their best win was over an 8-4 Purdue. They in no way, shape, or form should have gotten that bid but it was back in the dark days when they could poo poo in a glass and the media would chug it like it was champagne.

ND was terrible that year and VT would have beaten them by 35. The only small relief I got was watching Oregon State beat them by 30+.

gently caress Notre Dame, now I'm pissed.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

It's pretty important to note that Clemson is easily king of the Atlantic right now, it's not even about getting FSU back to the CFP right now it's about how do they dethrone Clemson just to play for the ACC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

FCS football is on its way up because :stare:

http://missoulian.com/sports/colleg...731b2a4d46.html

• Locked thread