Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
McLaren are poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Stroll is loving garbage and all his scarily unironic supporters should be euthanized.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I don't trust Liberty until they finally get the F1 streaming service done.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
IMO the logo is fine and everyone will get used to it a few months in.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
To be honest it reminds me of when the Premier League changed logos and everyone hated it for two months and talked about how much better the old one was and now nobody even talks about it anymore because it looks fine.

https://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/new_logo_for_premier_league_by_designstudio_and_robin_brand_consultants.php

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

To be fair that's every change ever made ever. People are just dumb and become complacent with poo poo.

Yeah clearly the smart people are the ones who stay Mad at Logos 100 percent of the time

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

learnincurve posted:

Google says Wieden+Kennedy are one of the most awarded advert agencies in the world and do the adverts for Nike and Coca Cola

They did the weird-rear end Old Spice ads too.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

He is bad.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
KFC is trash.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Most F1 races are bad. That's why the good ones are so badass.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
McLaren are bad. If you check their results over the last few years, wow, not good at all. Would hate to be a McLaren supporter.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Brand New is a fun site and they did an overview of the new F1 branding

https://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/new_logo_for_formula_1_by_wieden_kennedy.php

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

The F1 Torque font is the best poo poo anyone related to this dumb sport has ever done.

It might be my americanism speaking but I can see why they did the new logo if only for the merchandise. I'd actually buy like, one of those track map hoodie mockups they have pictured there (especially an Abu Dhabi track map hoodie as a gag gift for F1 Thread Secret Santa)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have every confidence that Big Jolly Jo Palmer will return.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

tuo posted:

Here is your non-personal PM: Wehrlein is a whiny little bitch that won DTM by driving rather good for couple of races, then demanding other drivers backing up to give him DRS constantly so he could become champion. AUDI sent an Audi to kill him, but failed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsd4vjJND24&t=20s, and then fired the guy who drove that Audi). So he won, ended up in F1, and yeah....there's that.

He might not be as bad as Palmer, but I still think that a good year of Formula 3 plus a DTM championship (where basically seven drivers did everything so that he won) might be misleading.

That's my meltdown of the day

I didn't know anything actually happened in DTM op.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
My main memory of that incident was that it was the only interesting to happen in DTM for like 10 years and everyone got banned for it or something, presumably for the sin of having something actually happen in a DTM race

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I actually have heard DTM has been OK the last few years though apparently nobody goes to the races anymore. Also the rise of WTCC and the NASCAR xFinity/Nationwide Series mean that DTM is no longer the worst racing series on the entire planet.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like TouringCarTimes trying to sell me on the "thrilling" WTCC finale and it's in loving Losail. I wouldn't watch WTCC race at Losail at gunpoint.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They should just move the MotoGP Japan race to Sugo, where the Superbike race used to be.

RIP World Superbike. You were a good series and then the MotoGP promoter bought you and you died (1500quid DO NOT READ)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Between about 1996 and 2000 there was a good argument for World Superbike being the best racing series in the world.

The 2007-2010 period was also quite good (and SBK 2007-2010 was definitely better than MotoGP was in that time period FWIW).

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

What is the difference between the 2?

Superbikes are based on production motorcycles while MotoGP chassis are purpose-built prototypes. More or less: MotoGP = F1, Superbike = GT racing.

That's why MotoGP adopting road-bike-relevant 4-strokes hurt Superbike so much in 2002.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I remember a few years ago the DTM champion was sponsored by a company called FAG which I had a lol at.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Motegi is very bad.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bad circuits can produce good races on occasion. loving Valencia had the best F1 race this decade that wasn't Canada 2010.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Check out this highlight of SBK on Sugo phwoar what a track

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QENH1eXRHi0

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Dorna more or less bought World Superbike and deliberately ruined it in an attempt to boost flagging MotoGP grid numbers. (Aprilia and Suzuki returning to MotoGP was more or less a direct result of them loving with the SBK regs, I think the only holdout is Kwak at this point) The Spaniard fraud company must be destroyed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm confident that Big Bobby Cube can come up to speed and win the WDC by lots of points.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There's always Shirley Muldowney, too.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Simona was very impressive in the last Supercars race and has been driving one of the shittiest, oldest chassis on the grid.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

learnincurve posted:

Hot take: William’s haven’t been very good for the last half of the season because Claire has been off on maternity leave, Frank can’t travel, and Paddy Lowe isn’t known for his leadership skills. This has left them somewhat rudderless during a race weekend and things have gotten slack.

Hot take: Williams haven't been very good because their drivers are an elderly brain patient and Lance Stroll.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Williams have the worst driver combo on the grid, and they don't even have Ericsson.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I am calm.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If anyone wants some good bad posting check the new F1 logo thread in Autosport, which now features multiple people asking why a multi-billion dollar corporation decided not to save money and offer the new F1 logo to "designer student f1 fans" as free spec work.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Rosberg was badass

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
1985 is an excellent season.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The absolute best thing about the new F1 logo are the posts on Autosport where people post awful mockups that people say are so much better than the one F1 actually used.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
1983 as well, even though he was accused of bottling it (especially by Renault)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The greatest car manufacturer of all time, making some of the most iconic, beautiful cars in history, IMO, is clearly Ferrari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Powershift posted:

Ferrari's are good when they're not on fire which is almost never.

Fire is just the Italian passion showing.

• Locked thread