Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Posting from a bus stop in the dark just to get in on the ground floor of what is sure to be an epic thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Norns posted:

Stay safe

Murder on the 77 to Worksop

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

iospace posted:

Quoting you to let you know your old tags are in the queue.

Thank you :)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Grand slam is a British term from Tennis isn’t it?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I googled. Grand slam does indeed originate from Bridge, it’s all 13 tricks and was first recorded in July 1800 in a (British) pamphlet entitled "Rules for the Game of Cards called Boston" which was a game invented by French officers stationed in America, and was brought to England by Russians.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I think there are supposed to be three 1s on that logo, but only the 1 in the negative space looks like a proper 1.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The finish line isn’t as wide as a car tho.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Powershift posted:

Somebody point out to me what the hell Vettel brings to Ferrari at this point?

When you can say in all honesty that both the guy he replaced and the team mate who beat him last wouldn’t have hosed up to the same monumental extent, and would be WDC right now, then the answer is “not much”

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Bernie had a hut with one person in it. I’ve always assumed their job was to sift through and print out e-mails because Bernie didn’t know to use outlook express.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Google says Wieden+Kennedy are one of the most awarded advert agencies in the world and do the adverts for Nike and Coca Cola

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I wouldn’t worry that much about Williams if they dump Stroll. The very rich are an odd, ruthless bunch, especially when it comes to their own kids loving up or making them look silly.

The last thing billionaires want is other billionaires laughing at them.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This is an odd hill on which people are choosing to die.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I went to clean up horse poo poo after the logo reveal, and was actively looking at my watch during the race hoping that I would be able to go clean up horse poo poo soon.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I live near the highest concentration of poles and right wing nut jobs in the UK and I’ve never heard that one.

Fyi. The current mood amongst even the most hardline racists I know is sympathy over the way Mike Ashley and the slum landlords are taking advantage of the poor bastards. Not so much “poles go home” as “listen lad, you will be paid less than minimum wage and be forced to pay £500 a month to sleep on a damp floor, are you sure you want to be here?”

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

DoctorGonzo posted:

what does he means by this?

awaiting track day bro season review

? Mike Ashley uses polish people as literal slave labour at sports direct which is based in the UK. he’s been called out on it by parliament, courts, the police, the press, everyone, and yet this scum is still allowed to steal our oxygen.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Aston Martin in the gulf colours please.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He was out for a few laps at the start when track evolution and temps would have been poo poo.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
F1 hangs on to Brazilian drivers for far too long, I’m fairly sure it is because traditionally Bernie took a massive personal cut from the Brazilian GP ticket sales.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Hot take: William’s haven’t been very good for the last half of the season because Claire has been off on maternity leave, Frank can’t travel, and Paddy Lowe isn’t known for his leadership skills. This has left them somewhat rudderless during a race weekend and things have gotten slack.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
He might just want to sit on a beach somewhere with his dogs smoking massive amounts of weed while designing gently caress ugly clothes and making terrible music no one will ever hear.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I will be watching random classic races recorded off of the sky F1 channel. Tonight’s race is China 2010.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’s Pictionary I believe.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Only 5 out of the 25 drivers in the 2011 season are still in F1. Alonso, Lewis, Perez, Ricciado and Vettel.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

iospace posted:

I'm going with that's a bit disingenuous because that's the one season Kimi missed.

2010 only had four drivers Lewis, Vettel, Alonso and Hulkenburg. 2012 becomes more recognisable with eight.

It only seems like it was a couple of years ago :(

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Why no Holden?

Oh wait, lol Holden, Ford 4 life.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I know nothing about this kid, did he come second to Stroll in the same overfunded car?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Powershift posted:

Nothing good has ever come out of Poland.

It's like the Italy of eastern Europe.

They do these big flat fried potato and cabbage cakes that are like bubble and squeak but nicer.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I wonder what racing is on tv this we...

“FIA world endurance championship
Highlights of the enthralling 2017 world endurance championship a star studded grid included Sebastian Buemi, Anthony Davidson, Kamui Kobayashi and Nicolas Prost

Oh boy oh boy, sign me right up for that one Sky.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Cadbury chocolate has gone to poo poo since they started cheaping out on it by adding fat. Galaxy is now the one true chocolate.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
All we really need is an independent engine supplier that does not suck balls.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That car belongs to someone who has Very Strong Opinions about the Oxford one way system.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My love of the Oxford comma runs deep and true.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I bet American’s don’t have rice cakes.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Theophany posted:

Where do you stand on the important issues of Haggis and Black Pudding?

Bear in mind that I shall be judging our friendship very harshly on this topic.

I have never tried haggis because I always thought that unless it was made by an actual Scottish person and not by a machine and labelled “haggis” then it wouldn’t be a fair assessment.

I like black pudding.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Dec 7, 2017

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Human Grand Prix posted:

Are you retarded?

:(

British Rice cakes are absolutely vile, I thought you were too sensible as a nation for those round “chilli” flavoured abominations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feels Villeneuve posted:

You bought an Agatha Christie novel! Would you like to buy every single other Agatha Christie novel?

Yes but...* don’t ever read the last tommy and tuppence novel or the last few Hercule Poirot and miss Marple novels, watch the TV shows instead. In the books she slowly ages them, and at the end coupled with her dementia writing it’s cripplingly depressing. No one, apart from Christie as it turns out, wants to see miss Marple alone in the dark and frightened that she might have broken her hips after a fall.

If you want the Marple you see on TV then what you want are the Miss Silver Novels. https://www.goodreads.com/series/43096-miss-silver If you want a really cool American Miss Marple meets James Bond series then read Mrs Polifax. https://www.goodreads.com/series/51239-mrs-pollifax

*I’ve legit read hundreds of golden age novels.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Feels Villeneuve posted:

What's your favorite Christie novel op. Mine's Five Little Pigs

And then there were none, it was the first Christie I read when I was 8 years old sat on a beach in France eating those hot honey peanuts they sold off carts. Was a gateway drug to the harder stuff such as Lord Peter Whimsy and Campion. These days there is a lot of sifting through a sea of “historical fiction” poo poo to find anything good.

If you like audio books then I absolutely urge you to give the Amelia Peabody series a go, it’s more modern but imo the absolute best. Also check out the James Anderson trilogy starting with the affair of the bloodstained tea cosy.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ah yes, the dream of buying secondhand books instead of video games....

(I’ve never been any good at video games)

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Speaking of which, the Nissan Qashqai is loving tiny on the inside. Looks like a proper 4x4 that has 6 seats, actually less roomy than a standard four door. gently caress all boot space either. If you are wondering how they managed this, it’s all crash protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Human Grand Prix posted:

In celebration of Alfa's return to F1 here is a picture of one of the bizzarrest rear end treatments I've ever seen;

How many times was that thing found on the side of the M1 because it’s an alpha and the overabundance of lights blew the electrics?

• Locked thread