Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Age old question... which is better? Does liking ranch make you a baby?

I personally like Blue Cheese but will drink tubfuls of either. On a related note why am I so fat??!’bnbbn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
On what OP. The answer is different for different foods. C'mon man give a bit more effort.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Get this: they're both bad

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe
Are we talking a decent blue cheese like Stilton here? If so the yes.

Ranch cheese I have never heard talk of.

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*
is house dressing the same as ranch? i like fried zucchini + house dressing from carls jr. but the one near me takes forever in the drive thru so i go there like 1-3 times a year.

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe
Rocquefort is also a decent blue cheese I enjoy.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

It depends entirely on what it is and, yo, get this, what I feel like, if I even want either.
It's almost as if I can choose what thing I want at different times. hosed up!!

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Yes House dressing means ranch.

Ranch is good despite the weird snobby dismissal I often read---where does that come from???

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe
If you can get hold of it, Shropshire Blue is quite tasty.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Ranch on pizza, blue on hotwings

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe
I'm quite interested in this Ranch cheese. I've missed that one.

Is it like a Lancashire cheese or more like a Camembert?

Meat Prophet
Sep 21, 2017
Mediocre ranch is better than mediocre blue cheese, but good blue cheese can be transcendent.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Ranch

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

Former DILF posted:

You put Stilton on KFC hot wings ?

I have to try this.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

def blue cheese

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe
I've just googled ranch cheese and I'm none the wiser. What the gently caress is ranch cheese?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I've never tried bleu cheese **

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Former DILF posted:

Do you seriously put loving ranch dressing on pizza? You disgust me

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008
You can't drink blue cheese, it's solid.

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe
OP you ask me a question about cheeses.

I know and love my blue cheeses but then you won't even tell me about ranch cheese.

What the gently caress?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Spinster posted:

Ranch is good despite the weird snobby dismissal I often read---where does that come from???

Because it became 'too popular' for the internet once people started over using it as a condiment for things it probably shouldn't go on and thus...snobbery.
It definitely has its uses, but yea, not buckets of the stuff, same as anything else.

People freak out about it way too much though. "Oh my god you dipped a french fry in ranch? Kill your family!" "Oh my god you use ranch salad dressing on actual salads? Mutilate your own genitals for the sake of humanity", that kind of thing. Like if you go into a restaurant and see a person cover a steak with it? Yea. Go ahead and start pointing and covering your childrens' eyes.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Wendigee posted:

I've never tried bleu cheese **

Really? Like actual bleu cheese or the dressing?
Both are pretty drat good. The cheapo bleu cheese dressing hovers too close to "it's RANCH!" for me, but even the moderate ones are pretty drat good.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

crossover thread from the costco thread: my local costco only sells ranch dressing. they used to have italian, balsamic, even like this sesame thing. now it's just ranch. you're loving up, costco. my kingdom for a giant tub of blue cheese.

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe
Is ranch cheese an American thing?

I think it is. I probably never want to eat it. It probably ranks along side chlorinated chicken and the other abominations you eat and why most if not all food imports from the US are banned by Europe.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I was talking about wings. Chicken wings.

Ranch cheese is made on a ranch using ranch hand milk.

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*

Tolkien minority posted:

i witnessed girls in high school who would empty ranch dressing packets into a bag of flaming hot cheetos. they would shake it up until it was a red paste. then they would slurp the contents out of the bag like a gogurt.

i never saw guys eating like that. PMSing will drive you to eat all sorts of crazy poo poo.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ruggan posted:

I was talking about wings. Chicken wings.

Ranch cheese is made on a ranch using ranch hand milk.

Depends on the sauce tbh, and I'm not being pedantic.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Tolkien minority posted:

well its more like you put the pizza in the ranch, its for dipping

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
bleu cheese once your tastes mature

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Former DILF posted:

well its more like you put the pizza in the ranch, its for dipping
I've never told someone to kill themselves in gbs before, but things like this make me strongly reconsider

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Tolkien minority posted:

I've never told someone to kill themselves in gbs before, but things like this make me strongly reconsider

any kind of garlic dressing is preferable but ranch will do in a pinch

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

Magius1337est posted:

bleu cheese once your tastes mature

Stilton is the finest blue cheese in the world and your francophone typing of blue can go gently caress it self.

Merde.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Spinster posted:

It became associated with the American South.

Basically, it's a signal of being above the proles to turn your nose up at it.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Spinster posted:

It's become ubiquitous which means that it gets put on everything and there are a lot of bad versions of it out there. Year and years ago a similar thing happened here with thousand island dressing (which McDonalds use as their "special sauce"). Anything which has mayonnaise as an ingredient is going to be variable because mayo itself ranges from sickly sweet to super tangy to creamy.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Pffft.

I don't even own a salad.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ranch is Garbo, a poo poo sauce for jerks

Blue Cheese is the sexy and sophisticated wing dipper, perfect for every occasion

Just the cold hard facts, OP

naem
May 29, 2011

Meat Prophet posted:

Mediocre ranch is better than mediocre blue cheese, but good blue cheese can be transcendent.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Also RIP Ranch Howard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Spinster posted:

i don't think the dismissal is really snobbery so much as ranch being like the ubiquitous "I'm dipping my fried foods in seasoned mayo" dressing that's rightfully associated with our obesity epidemic. It's also the only condiment I know of that has such a weird cult following people carry it around in the purses and buy jewel encrusted bottles and kegs of online.

• Locked thread