Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

i don't think the dismissal is really snobbery so much as ranch being like the ubiquitous "I'm dipping my fried foods in seasoned mayo" dressing that's rightfully associated with our obesity epidemic. It's also the only condiment I know of that has such a weird cult following people carry it around in the purses and buy jewel encrusted bottles and kegs of online.

Sriracha probably, but that's an entirely different beast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

Tolkien minority posted:

Do you seriously put loving ranch dressing on pizza? You disgust me

Look it's not like we're talking about quality pizza here.

You're already eating garbage, putting slightly less bad tasting garbage on top is a-ok. It's either this or a gallon of hot sauce.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
In highschool, there were tubs and vats of bulk ranch dressing with spouts on the condiments table. And those things would end up empty, because students pour it all over their pizza and fries.

Blue cheese all the way. Salt mixes with it so much better.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Big Beef City posted:

Sriracha probably, but that's an entirely different beast

tbh carrying around your own private stash of sriracha would almost be weirder to me because basically anywhere you'd wanna put it on food is gonna supply it either in house or at worst with like bottles of tabasco on tables.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

ArbitraryC posted:

i don't think the dismissal is really snobbery so much as ranch being like the ubiquitous "I'm dipping my fried foods in seasoned mayo"

Tartare sauce used to fill this role.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Not only for style purposes, but for practicality I wear a trenchcoat everywhere.
When dining, I whip it open, instead of cheap watches or being nude beneath it, it instead reveals dozens of those minuscule bottles of tobasco, sriracha, customized ranch bottles, artisan varieties of Heinz (PURPLE!? YES!) ketchup, mustard in hand filled syringes, and so much more.
I sound like a hobo's trash bag when I walk and many local establishments will no longer cater to me (jealous of my immense arsenal that they can't compete with), but so, so worth it.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Lolie posted:

Tartare sauce used to fill this role.

Sophisticated Europeans use plain mayonnaise

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
mayo goes on fries

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga
im the rear end in a top hat who's turned into bringing their own salt/flavored seasoning for popcorn at the movie theater

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Sophisticated Europeans use plain mayonnaise

We just don’t eat the poo poo you do.

Sophisticated health laws prevent the USA importing meat or dairy products to Europe.

That and a sense of taste.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

General China posted:

We just don’t eat the poo poo you do.

Sophisticated health laws prevent the USA importing meat or dairy products to Europe.

That and a sense of taste.

Lol

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792275

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Rranch

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Magius1337est posted:

mayo goes on fries

Creamy or tangy?

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.
mayo (ideally duke's) mixed with ketchup (ideally hunt's) is good asf with fries

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

Chlorinate your chickens.

I hate to think what you do to cows to get them banned from being exported to Europe.

Eat that poo poo up. For our own good, we have been prevented from eating US meat.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

General China posted:

Chlorinate your chickens.

I hate to think what you do to cows to get them banned from being exported to Europe.

Eat that poo poo up. For our own good, we have been prevented from eating US meat.

It's called protectionism dummy

General China
Aug 19, 2012

by Smythe

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

It's called protectionism dummy

Protecting Europe from your quite awful food standards and the way you treat food.

It’s called food safety, oval office.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
If your pizza needs dipping sauce you need to get better loving pizza.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

ranch... or cool ranch

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Didn't read a single reply in this thread, and anyone that says anything other than blue cheese is a poo poo person.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

fishing with the fam posted:

Didn't read a single reply in this thread, and anyone that says anything other than blue cheese is a poo poo person.

Pre-crumbled?

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Blue cheese crumbles on a medium rare burg tastes mighty fine.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

General China posted:

Protecting Europe from your quite awful food standards and the way you treat food.

It’s called food safety, oval office.

yeah you mad cow motherfuckers sure have safe food, that is when it's actually beef and not horse

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
Depends on the food. wings are good with blue cheese. pizza is good with ranch.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Hot

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Blue cheese

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

In California, people put ranch dressing on their pizza. Probably because all of the pizza is poo poo.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Lauroon Kyanka posted:

i witnessed girls in high school who would empty ranch dressing packets into a bag of flaming hot cheetos. they would shake it up until it was a red paste. then they would slurp the contents out of the bag like a gogurt.

i never saw guys eating like that. PMSing will drive you to eat all sorts of crazy poo poo.

i would squeeze the juice from a large sour pickle into a bag of flaming hot cheetos and add a bunch of this

then proceed as you described

gets me jacked!!!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

General China posted:

I've just googled ranch cheese and I'm none the wiser. What the gently caress is ranch cheese?

You don't want to know

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

New trolls movie lookin good

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Ruggan posted:

Pre-crumbled?

Every form of blue cheese is superior to any form of ranch.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I think this girl is jsut small.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

ranch is for idiot babies and baby idiots but idiot babies at least have a chance to grow out of ranch sorry baby idiots

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Real ranch dressing, made from proper buttermilk and herbs, is delicious. You really don't know what you're missing out on if all you've had is the bottled stuff.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Would

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i loves me some pumpkin pie with ranch dressing on top

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Good blue cheese dressing is strong enough that you need very little of it on a salad to enjoy the taste. Ranch(99% of it, anyway) is so flavorless that people end up using gargantuan amounts, which leads to gargantuan people.

Magius1337est
Sep 13, 2017

Chimichanga

Lolie posted:

Creamy or tangy?

tangy is poo poo for heathens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Wicker Man posted:

In highschool, there were tubs and vats of bulk ranch dressing with spouts on the condiments table. And those things would end up empty, because students pour it all over their pizza and fries.

Blue cheese all the way. Salt mixes with it so much better.

same but they would use the same tubs interchangeably for ranch, mayo, and tartar sauce and would cut the supply with whatever happened to be on hand as they ran low. So early in the school year they'd have some decent buttermilk ranch but when students inevitably blew through a semester's supply in the first couple of months it would mutate into this awful mix of white sauces.

• Locked thread