Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
loving lol. 53 yarder in Pitt. Hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

DrunkPanda posted:

Antonio Brown should go to a different team so I can root for him

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

GREAT GAME, SORRY FOOCHS HAHAH

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Good thing we didn't try anything before halftime

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
this game probably saved capers job and the packers lost. overall a great time.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

one of greatest coaches in the nfl

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Leon Einstein posted:

What are you talking about? QBs almost always get hit after they already threw.

QBs are protected during and after a pass, but not magically just because they're in the pocket.

quote:

When a passer is holding the ball to pass it forward, any intentional movement forward of his arm starts a forward pass. If a defensive player contacts the passer or the ball after forward movement begins, and the ball leaves the passer’s hand, a forward pass is ruled, regardless of where the ball strikes the ground or a player.

No defensive player may run into a passer of a legal forward pass after the ball has left his hand (15 yards). The Referee must determine whether opponent had a reasonable chance to stop his momentum during an attempt to block the pass or tackle the passer while he still had the ball.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I cannot believe this was a good game

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
:laffo: packers

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

:toot:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT LAST GREEN BAY SERIES

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Tonight you saw a real organization in the afc north. Tomorrow night youll see a second-rate organization from the same division.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Fire Mike McCarthy!!!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

GenericMartini posted:

this game probably saved capers job and the packers lost. overall a great time.

you think this game helped save capers job? thats a confusing statement

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

razorscooter posted:

one of greatest coaches in the nfl
I agree Mike Tomlin is great

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT LAST GREEN BAY SERIES OF BOTH HALVES

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Coaching -- offensive and defensive -- lost the Packers this game tonight. Too many coaching mistakes, too many terrible plays, poor decisions, clock mismanagement.

Good game Steelers. Go take down the Patriots.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I don't give a poo poo about brent getting brained.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Dad in the Fire TV ad looks like D-Von Dudley

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
yo I got the Amazon Fire TV and NBC Sports app just says Charter says gently caress YOU

Why even advertise this on a Charter cable network.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

rjmccall posted:

QBs are protected during and after a pass, but not magically just because they're in the pocket.
But you can't spear your head into another guy's head at any time.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kawalimus posted:

Tonight you saw a real organization in the afc north. Tomorrow night youll see a second-rate organization from the same division.

This game was not the Steelers best outing.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Kawalimus posted:

NFL cuckolding

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

mike mccarthy's brilliance is unmatched

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Barreft posted:

GREAT GAME, SORRY FOOCHS HAHAH

I'm not a Packers fan I just hate the Steelers and the ineptitude of Dom Capers is just generally offensive my sensibilities.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Yes the team the ravens beat 23-0 was massively outplayed by a 53 yard field goal, at home

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

nerve posted:

you think this game helped save capers job? thats a confusing statement

We had multiple players on defense tonight make great plays, and Martinez had an amazing night.

Inexplicably bad pass coverage gaps -- which are Dom Capers's responsibility no matter how often he foists it off on our secondary stuffed full of first-and-second-round picks -- tore the Packers apart. AB is really incredibly good but he barely had to work to get into these large loving gaps.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

This game was not the Steelers best outing.

No one has their best game every week. In 2006 when the Ravens went 13-3 we just barely beat the Browns in week 3 and had to come back to do it.

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

SKULL.GIF posted:

Coaching -- offensive and defensive -- lost the Packers this game tonight. Too many coaching mistakes, too many terrible plays, poor decisions, clock mismanagement.

lol a guy who's played like 6 games in the nfl ever just scored 3 TD on them

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

We're going to get killed

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Haha what a garbage finish by a garbage packers D. How do you not double or hell triple cover Brown on those plays.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

yeah, no one looks good here tonight

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Leon Einstein posted:

Blame this one entirely on McCarthy. 3 timeouts, 1 minute and change left? Let's make zero effort to actually put points on the board. Oh yeah, then actually attempt a FG at bullshit 57 yards.

Yes, why the gently caress did he attempt that FG? And what the gently caress playcalling was that??!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kawalimus posted:

No one has their best game every week. In 2006 when the Ravens went 13-3 we just barely beat the Browns in week 3 and had to come back to do it.

My point is this is a bad time to bring this up.

The steelers are what we call inconsistent.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Leviathan posted:

lol a guy who's played like 6 games in the nfl ever just scored 3 TD on them
Not only that, he played really poorly the vast majority of the time.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

razorscooter posted:

yeah, no one looks good here tonight

Not even Antonio Brown?

Milk Malk
Sep 17, 2015

Despera posted:

Yes the team the ravens beat 23-0 was massively outplayed by a 53 yard field goal, at home

by the transitive law this puts the ravens over the steelers 23-3

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also can we murder anyone who says Killer B's?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Roethlisberger absolutely did not say that to the kicker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

Not even Antonio Brown?
That last catch was great, but honestly the Packers' pass defense makes every receiver look other-worldly.

• Locked thread