Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

wildmamboqueen posted:

Klinger: "SHERMAN T POTTER!"

Needs more swoop in the T.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Winchester’s sister stuttered.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Yeah Radars crippled hand would've excluded him from being drafted in the first place. It's funny to think that he played what? An 19 year old? He was in his early 30s for most of MASH IIRC.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
The first 3 seasons are gold but the quality dropped off really loving sharply and alan alda basically took over.

They must have lost a few writers when Blake and trapper left because the jokes just werent as good even if you liked the new characters (BJ was a poo poo character).

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Burt Sexual posted:

Relax, ur younger than me.

I had a first gen pong.

I played "Space Invaders" with 3 buttons instead of a joystick.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

tardwrangler posted:

Contemporary joke: What do Margaret Houlihan an Niki Lauda have in common

They've both been hosed by Major Burns

This is a killer joke that I appreciate, thank you

MASH recently went off air in Australia after the network it was shown on lost the rights and it's really fuckin weird not having it on TV

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Police Automaton posted:

Yeah Radars crippled hand would've excluded him from being drafted in the first place. It's funny to think that he played what? An 19 year old? He was in his early 30s for most of MASH IIRC.

He was supposed to be a kid?

I thought he was developmentally disabled.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post

spog posted:

No, he played a kid from Iowa. Don't worry, it's a common mistake to make.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
God, I loved MASH. Also one of those dudes whose parents watched it as a kid and hated it at the time, only to rediscover it later and proceed to watch it beginning to end countless times.

I always get a little sad when Trapper leaves the show. I felt like he made a better buddy for Hawkeye than Beej.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
alan alda owns

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

spog posted:

But he had psychic powers.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

The poo poo with Hawkeye and the "chicken" in the final episode was pretty rough.

its been years but i remember not getting why he felt so guilty about the chicken, one more example of the media pushing failed vegan ideas

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

The Dennis System posted:

Winchester’s sister stuttered.

Whilst I generally deplore the later seasons I will say that Winchester was a pretty well written character.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Hawk-Guy

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
Went to a Halloween party as Hawkeye several years back and got much better recognition/response than I figured.

Red bathrobe, white straw cowboy hat and a martini glass. Easy peasy.

Baxter fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Nov 28, 2017

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.

luncheon meat posted:

MASH recently went off air in Australia after the network it was shown on lost the rights and it's really fuckin weird not having it on TV

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Last of the Mohicans

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

They should have never killed Blake. I just drank some whiskey and saw the episode and almost cried. :(

OregonDonor
Mar 12, 2010
MASH is loving art, man

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Looking at the old interviews of the cast is amazing. So many of the actors have died already. Such is our fate as well.

LSD CURES JUNKIES
Sep 12, 2013

Piggy Smalls posted:

Looking at the old interviews of the cast is amazing. So many of the actors have died already. Such is our fate as well.

The only celebrity death last year that made me legit sad was William Christopher's. No more jocularity. :(

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
my favorite Charles bit is when he's talking to Hawkeye when Hawkeye is worried about his dad getting srugery

you should be thankful only distance separates you

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ha neat!

Burt Sexual posted:

gently caress. I never saw that!

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
It’s a bad show with a distracting laugh track. gently caress it

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mustached5thGrader posted:

It’s a bad show with a distracting laugh track. gently caress it

get out ferret face

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

Piggy Smalls posted:

Yeah, a lot of the cast is gone. But then, none of them were bludgeoned to death with a camera tripod as a result of some bizarre death sex cult, like Bob Crane.

Sand Dan
May 15, 2017

welcum 2 our
sick cyberpunk h e l l

Mr. Bones posted:

CBS insisted that people wouldn't understand it was a comedy without a laugh track.

lol the more things change the more they stay the same

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
M*A*S*H is awesome. I got all the dvds as a birthday gift along with the movie and the first book. The book is just as much fun as the show and movie, but it's still mostly the same stories. I've never watched it without the laugh tract because, thats how I was first introduced to it, I can't imagine it making such a huge difference.

OregonDonor
Mar 12, 2010
Watch it without the laugh track--you get to watch the series as it was originally intended. It's Optimal MASH

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
LOOK AT insightful post
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
The version they showed back then on german tv didn't have a laugh track, the original version I have now doesn't have one either. I wasn't even aware the show had a laugh track.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
how do you know when the jokes are if there's no laugh track?

that's why I don't get the jokes in the OR scenes

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ein cooler Typ posted:

my favorite Charles bit is when he's talking to Hawkeye when Hawkeye is worried about his dad getting srugery

you should be thankful only distance separates you

I adopted the Winchester family's philosophy toward giving charity as my own.. it is a deeply personal act, and should be done anonymously. Strange what things stick with you when you see it as a child.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Still remember this one 40 years later:

Margaret: You lied to me, Frank. That’s worse than stealing.
Frank: Well I happen to think stealing is worse than lying.
Margaret: And you did both!
Frank: So I ought to know!

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
Watched a couple episodes yesterday without the laugh track, I thought it would be weird with the pauses of silence between jokes, but it works fine for the most part. It helps with the immersion, but I still prefer it with laugh track. But that's just my opinion man.

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!
Learn something knew. Also watched MASH without a laugh track on Swedish television, having one feels more out of place, it was a fine series without.

Jai Guru Dave
Jan 3, 2008
Nothing's gonna change my world

GORDON posted:

I adopted the Winchester family's philosophy toward giving charity as my own.. it is a deeply personal act, and should be done anonymously. Strange what things stick with you when you see it as a child.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Still remember this one 40 years later:

Margaret: You lied to me, Frank. That’s worse than stealing.
Frank: Well I happen to think stealing is worse than lying.
Margaret: And you did both!
Frank: So I ought to know!

You two are me.

I loved everything about this show, but I think I need to admit Winchester is my favorite now. "No memories. I blot it out as it happens."

The final was self-indulgent as hell, there, I said it. Feels good to get that off my chest.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
MASH works without a laugh track because it wasn't shot in front of an audience so the actors don't actually have to pause for the audience response

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Because of this thread, I went trolling through the digital TV channels to rewatch it.

Holy hell, is that laugh track annoying.

Don't know if it was just my TV, but it's about twice as loud as the soundtrack.

It's louder than the parody of sitcoms that Scrubs did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
has anyone noticed that the reruns on Sundance channel look really good but the reruns on AMC look really bad

I guess they got a better print or something? I don't know how syndication works

• Locked thread