Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

more like American Snypa binch

:corrupt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

:sad:

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
american troops are the most coddled and proportionally ineffective footsoldiers of empire since the late victorian british army

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

gently caress the troops and you can't cheat on a deployed spouse because they nullified your marriage by staying married to their uniform

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zeal posted:

american troops are the most coddled and proportionally ineffective footsoldiers of empire since the late victorian british army

Counterpoint: the IDF

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

paul_soccer10 posted:

the idf is just an american auxiliary force, like the sequani cavalry in julius caesar's gallic campaigns but incompetent

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Mariana Horchata posted:

we're losing this battle start fighting or i'll find someone who can!!
\

:caro:

lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
how about those french foreign legion

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Only something like 20% of US soldiers finish their GI Bill Education.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

love them troops

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
troops should be banned from re-entering america after they're deployed

when we send out troops, we're not sending our best, why should we let them back in to bring crime and drugs and violence to our communities

they just want to take advantage of our free healthcare and education

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I love are dead Troops.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lastgirl posted:

they're actually pretty cool

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

that's also a ridiculous amount of gear

america.jpg

Hey it's every pubbie in Arma

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lastgirl posted:

would and should have

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
dying for obamas drone profits

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lets all join the french foreign legion

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Jose posted:

you first

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The whole "thank you for your service" bullshit I see on TV anytime anyone meets a troop is the most gag inducing poo poo I've ever seen.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Jose posted:

I hear there's a free french garrison down at Brazzaville

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
We had a young Army guy over for Thanksgiving, he was complaining that the culture was like high school and said when he got out he was either going to study physical therapy or become a stripper.
I'm not sure if anybody thanked him for his service.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Flambeau posted:

We had a young Army guy over for Thanksgiving, he was complaining that the culture was like high school and said when he got out he was either going to study physical therapy or become a stripper.
I'm not sure if anybody thanked him for his service.

the military is very much just extended high school as the average troop has not matured beyond high school

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUxkFCBPgx4

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
https://www.thedailybeast.com/strong-evidence-that-us-special-operations-forces-massacred-civilians-in-somalia

quote:

The details that emerged paint a damning picture of at least one U.S. ground operation in the African nation. This includes U.S. Special Operators firing upon unarmed civilians, using human intelligence from sources widely considered untrustworthy to Somalis in the region as well as government officials, and instructing their Somali counterparts to collect weapons that were being stored inside a home—not displaced on the field in the course of the firefight—and placing them beside the bodies of those killed prior to photographing them. In the aftermath of the incident, according to our sources, American diplomats also pressured the Somali government to bury the unfavorable findings of a Somali Federal Government-led investigation.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:yeah:

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

WampaLord posted:

The whole "thank you for your service" bullshit I see on TV anytime anyone meets a troop is the most gag inducing poo poo I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USAKb8nvFcQ

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

same poo poo we've been doing for a hundred years

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EDiQXhYIKY

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

War is business and the troops are just getting sent to die for some rich man's money so whatever nothing matters.

We're probably months away from Trump announcing a new war because it will be great for jobs and army moms cheering it because they're excited about the likes their Facebook post about "my hero troopson died in a cave" is gonna get.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ScrubLeague posted:

the military exists to funnel billions of taxpayer dollars to raytheon and halliburton at the expense of foreign civilian death while americans at home get hosed in the rear end by every possible corporation that owns the government

a single troop might be a good guy doing what's best for them and their family, but the fuckin institution is unconscionable and should be dismantled

Ya but this is how we have all these computers now so troops literally died so I could post semper fi to the polls

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

A team of Navy Seals watched me take a piss and were kind enough to wait until I was done to kill me during a training exercise. I hope they liked the look of my dong in night vision green.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Support the troops by visiting their often bored SO at the military base.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you said that already

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

paul_soccer10 posted:

I’ve always found it weird that there’s a lot of young Jewish American men who get a massive rager at the thought of going over Israel to join the IDF, like our government isn’t hard enough on poor middle easterns or something.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

I’ve always found it weird that there’s a lot of young Jewish American men who get a massive rager at the thought of going over Israel to join the IDF, like our government isn’t hard enough on poor middle easterns or something.

They probably think it will have supermodel looking jewish chicks from all the IDF online photos.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

our african adventures have been pretty great!

Navy SEALs Allegedly Killed Green Beret Over Thefts

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Actually all good comrades should join the military and rise to prominent positions so they can use tanks and poo poo to support the revolution rather than oppress it.

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the military is very much just extended high school as the average troop has not matured beyond high school

They also can and do date highschool girls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

dont write the troops off

uneexpectedly its actually an improvement when the army kils trump and declares Mattis as the first Soldier Empoeror of America

• Locked thread